bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
turpin and staggs wont leave broncos, staggs lives with turpin
the broncos have the makings of a very good young team

turpin met with bulldogs last year, left the meeting with a lot of unanswered questions, and was told jmk is above him for starting spot
who is going to uproot themselves from their family and friends to move to sydney for peanuts just above the minimum nrl wage, broncos meadia bloke dobby or something reported that ages ago
The reason why Turpin didn't come is because we didn't offer enough money and/or a starting position. I don't buy the rest. This is going to be the case (and has been) with almost every player we look at until that changes which I believe has to and will. The longer we wait the more panicked I'll be as every month that goes by less players are available.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There's so many ways we can improve our team and spending 1.2m on a player that plays in the most stacked position in the NRL is not at the top of the list.

Just for arguments sake with rough amounts, 1.2m for Fifita or 1.2m for Cotric + Friend/Mahoney? I know what I'd be more comfortable with.
Cotric and Mahoney would be next level recruitment, would be enormous to land those 2.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The reason why Turpin didn't come is because we didn't offer enough money and/or a starting position. I don't buy the rest. This is going to be the case (and has been) with almost every player we look at until that changes which I believe has to and will. The longer we wait the more panicked I'll be as every month that goes by less players are available.
i reckon turpin is overrated, glad we didnt get him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i reckon turpin is overrated, glad we didnt get him.
There were better hookers to go for. He's better than what we have (probably isn't hard). I personally like him but I don't think he's a top hooker or anything.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There no way I'd send 1.2m of a cap an edge forward. 1.2m is for your havles or fullback or talmalolo that's it. Hell I'd rather throw 1.2m at Brandon Smith and see if he breaks his contract with the storm then give it to Fifta.
There's so many ways we can improve our team and spending 1.2m on a player that plays in the most stacked position in the NRL is not at the top of the list.

Just for arguments sake with rough amounts, 1.2m for Fifita or 1.2m for Cotric + Friend/Mahoney? I know what I'd be more comfortable with.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people think we need a half? Keen to understand why? We have 2 young guns in Averillo and Wakeham who need game time to develop. The hooker I understand cause it’s important they get good service and someone who understands where we need the ruck to be for certain plays etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah fair points it is a stacked position but Fifita is pure X factor something our young halves would love to have around them. Cotric is awesome but I see him as a priority signing for Canberra. Either way the way things are at the moment we would most likely need to pay over market to secure one of the big names. $1.2m might be a bit much. But hey Foran is on around that and he’s busted. Fifita is 19/20 and looks like he could be anything.
Foran was a catastrophic fuck up and said so at the time, I wouldn't be using him to try and justify any future signings lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was a catastrophic fuck up and said so at the time, I wouldn't be using him to try and justify any future signings lol
Lol come on bro the only comparison i’m making is one guy was in a wheel chair we paid a fair chunck or cap for and the other is at the opposite end of his career. Once again $1.2m is probably be a bit much but the guy could be anything and we have a hole there now. I wouldn’t be buying halves only a hooker so we can afford it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol come on bro the only comparison i’m making is one guy was in a wheel chair we paid a fair chunck or cap for and the other is at the opposite end of his career. Once again $1.2m is probably be a bit much but the guy could be anything and we have a hole there now. I wouldn’t be buying halves only a hooker so we can afford it.
He could be anything but at the end of the day he'd still be an edge forward and there's only so much and edge forward can do for us. I just see a far greater return for us of we invest our money elsewhere.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters chasing him now so much for our war chest fmd

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters chasing him now so much for our war chest fmd
How would that be remotely possible? Even with all of their cheating? What are they going to say now.. "We released Ryan Hall so we have enough room for Fifita on 800k plus another Origin player.."

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How would that be remotely possible? Even with all of their cheating? What are they going to say now.. "We released Ryan Hall so we have enough room for Fifita on 800k plus another Origin player.."
Clearly Politis is running the NRL that much now that even the Rorters cheating doesn't need to be hidden. Getting more obvious every year now! As far as I'm concerned the last 15 years has been with a cloud over them.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clearly Politis is running the NRL that much now that even the Rorters cheating doesn't need to be hidden. Getting more obvious every year now! As far as I'm concerned the last 15 years has been with a cloud over them.
once the old **** is gone it will be over... look at the chooks when they werent allowed to cheat... fucking takarangi, mickey paea, arona and heaps of dud players and they sucked ass. sooner or later their shit will unravel... could take 1 year could take 50 or more... but we all knew strom were cheating and this club has a similar stench

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
once the old c*** is gone it will be over... look at the chooks when they werent allowed to cheat... fucking takarangi, mickey paea, arona and heaps of dud players and they sucked ass. sooner or later their shit will unravel... could take 1 year could take 50 or more... but we all knew strom were cheating and this club has a similar stench
I don't agree about the when Politis is gone thing. He is clever enough to get the right person in a position to continue his dynasty, not to forget that Ch9 has another fanatical Rooster supporter on their board.