SMH Quade cooper at 6 for dogs?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally id take him, and at a reduced rate which he is willing to accept,i would take him on, i dont even think it would be a gamble, we have been screaming for another attacking half, do it deano even it was for only 4 or so months.
Pretty talented and fit lad.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t. But that’s just me

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally id take him, and at a reduced rate which he is willing to accept,i would take him on, i dont even think it would be a gamble, we have been screaming for another attacking half, do it deano even it was for only 4 or so months.
Pretty talented and fit lad.
How old's he now? IDK to be honest. Of course he has 'talent' but I really don't think signing such players is the way forward for this club. We've still got Foran at the club and if he remains fit we may as well keep him. If we let go of Foran then I'd really hope for a younger and better player than Quade.

Could be worse though I guess? Would want top dollar

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks super-fit and obviously has talent, bit late to maybe throw him into NRL but who’s knows, those crazy trick passes he’s been doing at Broncos training are next-level...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox sports reported that broncos can’t get him since they’ve filled their 30 man roster but dogs and titans are enquiring about him and he’s stated he’s willing to play anywhere not just qld. Could be a good pick up

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He can play 5/8, centre or fullback

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can't tackle in union I'd hate to see how he would tackle in league.

Changing codes when you're 32 is going to end badly the vast majority of the time.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need big names to attract other big names.

So yes. Use CHNs money on him for a year or two

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need big names to attract other big names.

So yes. Use CHNs money on him for a year or two
Agree that big names attract big names but I don't think Cooper will attract anyone else.

He's a 32 year washed up rugby player who last played in Japan. It's more of a gamble then some massive name coming to the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened to the no dickhead policy? Hasn't Cooper been in trouble off the field his whole career?

It's hardly the right time to be changing codes without a full preseason, especially at his age. Let someone else take the gamble. We need to be signing players with a bright future, not 32 year old hasbeen Rugby players.

We're already 0-2 and it will be a reduced season. We're not making the finals so they should focus on developing youngsters instead of desperation moves like this.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could get our club in the news on Japan since he's been playing there.
They have a thing for school girls in Japan too.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worth a shot I reckon. Remainder of year with one in our option. We have a few spots to fill for 2020, wouldn’t command too much for part year. We’d have near on a mil - 1.2

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ROFL... No.

32 years of age, 0 NRL experience.

We finally start getting back some spending money and you wanna waste it on this shit?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's 32? He can hit like 5 speed at most?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
ROFL... No.

32 years of age, 0 NRL experience.

We finally start getting back some spending money and you wanna waste it on this shit?
Yeah I agree.

Whats the upside in signing him? He won't pass on much if anything to the younger players because he's learning the game himself and then even if he fires which is unlikely he's got a very limited time left his career.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He always wanted to play league together with SBW for the same team..
Good publicity for dogs
Yeah I agree.

Whats the upside in signing him? He won't pass on much if anything to the younger players because he's learning the game himself and then even if he fires which is unlikely he's got a very limited time left his career.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we dont need cooper just because its his dream to play nrl, its nothing more than a passing whim for him