Other News Source Shoosh

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forgetting the rest ...

Anasta slept with Shifty's wife? Mutha fucker
I can't say it for sure, but it's what I've heard from a few people. It led to a big drop in form from Sherwin as his marriage ended.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard that multiple times before too.

Anasta left in shame and Sherwin lost his energy for life.
It ruined the spine, and once the spine is ruined we don't have a top 2 team.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If CHN doesnt return to the Dogs, he will finish up at the Dragons.

A

Alexander the Great

He will have a better chance at winning a grand final wherever he goes. We are cooked for the next 5 years anyway especially if we don't sign any decent l player's
If CHN doesnt return to the Dogs, he will finish up at the Dragons.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will have a better chance at winning a grand final wherever he goes. We are cooked for the next 5 years anyway especially if we don't sign any decent l player's
Hold that judgement until after we see what squad rocks up round one for us next year. If it's much the same then it's time to pull out the pitch forks. I think we will sign three to five more players depending on quality (I'm talking about players that are actually going to make a difference) so lets wait and see. The situation we're in is mostly due to off field issues (well documented, don't need to go into it) which is going to be mostly resolved after this year (will still have some pain, e.g. having to pay overs due to being a bottom four team currently, which will affect us as it'll mean we can't afford to sign one to two more quality players until we're able to fix/re-sign those players contracts in two to three years down the track, just look at the Knights and I think it's going to be very similar, we have a much better base then what they had).

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ban him, let him sign elsewhere.. what a fucking JOKE.!!! Grrrr.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Club didn't deregister him, the nrl did. Until the NRL change their mind, he can't play anywhere. It's fake news.

That is correct. Now if the NRL is so distressed by the actions of the players they must logically need to fully assess any request for re-registration. I can't find in any articles a time frame put in place so if they are true to their words and it is such a lack of respect for all parties concerned from the club through to the game and the fans they should not see the inside of a stadium for quite a while. It is difficult to gauge just what level their behaviour stands on but the NRL took their time allowing others back after incidents which make theirs pale into insignificance, such as Packer, Lodge and co. Will be very interesting to see if it depends on which club offers either of them a life line. Legally can they stop them after the current contracts have run their allotted course?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12321720

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have cancelled the playing contracts of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera after the NRL deregistered the disgraced duo on Wednesday.

Okunbor and Harawira-Naera were preliminarily suspended last month by the NRL for taking teenage schoolgirls back to the team hotel for sex while in Port Macquarie. Screenshots also emerged of Okunbor allegedly requesting topless images from one of the teenage girl.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg labelled the pair's behaviour "inexcusable", calling it a "very serious" breach of the game's code of conduct.

"The game will not tolerate such conduct and as such both players have had their registrations cancelled," Greenberg said in a statement.

"This decision should send a very clear message to all players of our stance on such behaviour."

The Bulldogs also released a statement on Wednesday confirming both Okunbor and Harawira-Naera's contracts had been terminated with immediate effect.

"Our club acted swiftly and was proactive in relation to the incidents in accordance with the expectations of our club and the NRL guidelines," the statement read.

"The conduct of the two players, on the eve of our final trial match, demonstrated an unacceptable lack of respect for their teammates, their coach and club officials, our hosts in Port Macquarie and fans of the game everywhere.

"There can be no tolerance for any abuse of the privileged status the game affords its leading players.

"Jayden and Corey have been subject to intense scrutiny in recent times and have paid a heavy price for their behaviour. They too are entitled to welfare support to help them through this period and assist them into the next stage of their careers."

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They don't need him. That's why they got rid of him in the first place. Kikau's there and Martin is ready to take Yeo's position (who has played pretty well in the first two rounds).
Souths didn’t need Bryson Goodwin either..but there he is..
The Panthers didn’t get rid of him..he chose the security and size of our contract..
Let’s see what happens

A

Alexander the Great

Your right mate i should be positive for now. 2021 is supposed to be our year. Just frustrated with being shit for a few years now. I'm can't hope with the Parra fans giving it to me all the time.
Hold that judgement until after we see what squad rocks up round one for us next year. If it's much the same then it's time to pull out the pitch forks. I think we will sign three to five more players depending on quality (I'm talking about players that are actually going to make a difference) so lets wait and see. The situation we're in is mostly due to off field issues (well documented, don't need to go into it) which is going to be mostly resolved after this year (will still have some pain, e.g. having to pay overs due to being a bottom four team currently, which will affect us as it'll mean we can't afford to sign one to two more quality players until we're able to fix/re-sign those players contracts in two to three years down the track, just look at the Knights and I think it's going to be very similar, we have a much better base then what they had).

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking joke, nrl sacks em, and dogs lose out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Souths didn’t need Bryson Goodwin either..but there he is..
The Panthers didn’t get rid of him..he chose the security and size of our contract..
Let’s see what happens
Goodwin will be lucky to get a game bar origin time. If he does it's due to injuries. That signing makes no sense to me really. CHN lost his position to Kikau and he was turned into a benchie. It is a bit of both as we did offer him a handy contract. It was in best interest of both Panthers and CHN to take the contract with us.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Corey had a four year deal with us and in my opinion if it was such a horrific thing to do and the NRL de-registered him on the back of it NO club should be able to sign him until the end of 2022 for the 2023 season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Corey had a four year deal with us and in my opinion if it was such a horrific thing to do and the NRL de-registered him on the back of it NO club should be able to sign him until the end of 2022 for the 2023 season.
I think a one year ban on CHN is fair enough. Maybe we should of been given the choice for him to resume his contract with us in 2022 (which we probably wouldn't of taken anyways).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think a one year ban on CHN is fair enough. Maybe we should of been given the choice for him to resume his contract with us in 2022 (which we probably wouldn't of taken anyways).
Not debating the one year part but it just shows how poorly the NRL is thought of in terms of their meeting out of punishments and just who it affects, or benefits as the case may be.............

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your right mate i should be positive for now. 2021 is supposed to be our year. Just frustrated with being shit for a few years now. I'm can't hope with the Parra fans giving it to me all the time.
Just ask them if they remember 1986....