Social Media David Fifita

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, 100... Problem right now is that Lachlan is frantic and impatient, maybe that's partly due to the average service our halves get from hooker? but it must be off putting and I think Brandon will really come into his own if he is running the team with Jake as a runner of the ball. I am keen to see how Katoa goes, I know he was shite at Pemriff but he looked alright over the Summer
I think we all have respect for JMK and Lewis as great competitors .
The questions are...Are they good enough in 9 & 7 ?
The team will never improve while those two are there...They aren't naturals !!!
My question to the management and the coach...Why did we buy Katoa if you weren't going to give him a go ???
My solution to our problems
1.....Meaney / Averillo
6.....JMK / Foran if fit and cheap enough
7.....Wakeham
9.....Hastings, if his head is screwed on
13...Fifita, mortgage the club to get him, and built the team around him
Am I realistic ?
I don't know, but I am certainly optimistic !!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we all have respect for JMK and Lewis as great competitors .
The questions are...Are they good enough in 9 & 7 ?
The team will never improve while those two are there...They aren't naturals !!!
My question to the management and the coach...Why did we buy Katoa if you weren't going to give him a go ???
My solution to our problems
1.....Meaney / Averillo
6.....JMK / Foran if fit and cheap enough
7.....Wakeham
9.....Hastings, if his head is screwed on
13...Fifita, mortgage the club to get him, and built the team around him
Am I realistic ?
I don't know, but I am certainly optimistic !!!

One of the biggest problems is our attack coaching, because it seems that the only players who will perform in our structures, are guys who have been there and done it (Foran), but anybody else who gets a shot appears to go backwards; I just can't see JMK or Lewis getting any better under the current systems

Meaney is either FB or not in the team for mine, I like him as a player, don't get me wrong, but I just can't ever imagine him as a full time winger.. think he deserves first crack at the back if DWZ is shifted

I do like the idea of Wakeham and Averillo together, I just don't think Brandon can play his natural game when Lewis is running the show (or trying to).. again going back to our systems, I just hope they won't stifle the two if they are paired together.. hopefully they take it upon themselves to mix things up, otherwise I would be looking at picking up Sezer, who imo still has something to offer

Havili in the nine for mine, he has always been a handy backup for Hodgson, and was very impressive in the Nine for the bulk of 2018 for Canberra

Even if there was the slightest of chances that Fifita would leave Brisbane, no way in the world the most sought after player will be coming to the Bulldogs after our last few years

One guy who I would love to get, is Brent Naden.. the guy is a freaking beast, and only just getting started... No way Panthers will let him slip through, though

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine
1 Meaney / Averillo
2 JAC
3 DWZ
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Foran if fit ?
7 Wakeham
8 Thompson
9 Hastings ONLY if his head is screwed on, he has the gene
10 Napa
11 Jackson
12 CHN he will be back
13 Fifita
14 Elliott / Smith
15 To'omaga / RFM
16 Britt / Stimson
17 JMK / Ogden
Lewis will only survive if he bulks up to play lock

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you imagine
1 Meaney / Averillo
2 JAC
3 DWZ
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Foran if fit ?
7 Wakeham
8 Thompson
10 Napa
11 Jackson
12 CHN he will be back
13 Fifita
14 Elliott / Smith
15 To'omaga / RFM
16 Britt / Stimson
17 JMK / Ogden
You reckon CHN will be back? Explain please ...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And you think he'd wanna come back? No chance. He challenges, wins, gets fkn paid by Dogs and fucks off to the next club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am basing my prediction on the information that has been released
If that is ( the whole truth ) I expect him to challenge the decision and win
Ok I hope so he’s awesome player and we need him... but I just thought it looked pretty clear cut NRL deregistered him and Dogs Supported the decision.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can you imagine
1 Meaney / Averillo
2 JAC
3 DWZ
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Foran if fit ?
7 Wakeham
8 Thompson
10 Napa
11 Jackson
12 CHN he will be back
13 Fifita
14 Elliott / Smith
15 To'omaga / RFM
16 Britt / Stimson
17 JMK / Ogden
This is better

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Friend
10. Napa
11. Fifita
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Britt
17. Smith

If we still have salary cap remaining look at JAC and/or Milford. If Fifita is not possible/too expensive get Milford over him. Those recruits are best case scenario so I'm not expecting us to get them at this stage.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok I hope so he’s awesome player and we need him... but I just thought it looked pretty clear cut NRL deregistered him and Dogs Supported the decision.
Is there something we don't know ???

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there something we don't know ???
Mate I’m all for it if we resign him next year. But I don’t have any info at my end sorry. The article the day that he was sacked said it was the punishment handed down by the NRL and we didn’t challenge it..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I’m all for it if we resign him next year. But I don’t have any info at my end sorry. The article the day that he was sacked said it was the punishment handed down by the NRL and we didn’t challenge it..
I feel we don't know the full story !

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
David Fafita will sign with the bulldogs for 1million a season. Broncos can’t give him that money because Payne hass is on $650k a season unless they release him to the bulldogs because his from nsw. I think after this season a lot of players will be on the move to make up for what money they lost. Josh ado Carr will sign with us and I wouldnt be surprised Rapanna as well. Marquee signing David Fafita.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound negative but I got a feeling after seeing dwz perform that he might be shifted to the wing which he will do well at but he’s a confidence player if he’s not confident he isn’t good. Meaney is sage but doesn’t offer the flair.. the rest of this year will be pretty interesting everyone will remember the year because it’s the covid19 grand final

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound negative but I got a feeling after seeing dwz perform that he might be shifted to the wing which he will do well at but he’s a confidence player if he’s not confident he isn’t good. Meaney is sage but doesn’t offer the flair.. the rest of this year will be pretty interesting everyone will remember the year because it’s the covid19 grand final
It's not being negative, it's being realistic. He has been sus under the highball for years and lacks key skills required from a FB these days, just have to hope the club didn't offer him stupid money and we end up with another overpaid winger.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He shouldn't be starting but not sure if we can afford to buy another prop when we need so much more in other positions. Maybe Toomaga can push him to the bench...
I agree. Impact forward off the bench is the best he will be.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am basing my prediction on the information that has been released
If that is ( the whole truth ) I expect him to challenge the decision and win
If he challenges the decision and wins does that mean he’s still contracted to ya and can just come back into the squad?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he challenges the decision and wins does that mean he’s still contracted to ya and can just come back into the squad?
Who knows what surprises awaits us...
Remember that Dumb & Dumber didn't break any laws

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not being negative, it's being realistic. He has been sus under the highball for years and lacks key skills required from a FB these days, just have to hope the club didn't offer him stupid money and we end up with another overpaid winger.
To be fair, you were talking about DWZ being overated during the whole preseason. You constantly talked about him not being the answer at fullback with most people, including myself, telling you to wake up. You've been shown to be correct though. Also with Lewis it seems.

But ... we're only 2 games in now so hopefully things do improve whenever we do start.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s already been re signed I think

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine
1 Meaney / Averillo
2 JAC
3 DWZ
4 Hopoate
5 Smith
6 Foran if fit ?
7 Wakeham