doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the part that sucks but anyway plenty of forwards running around

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t surprise me one bit. We‘ll suffer for being the ‘pc club’ while another team will help his ‘redemption story’. You won’t win a premiership with choir boys but our club really wants to keep selling that image. Not a surprise we’ve been trash since we went in that direction.
If players perform badly just fine them and keep it moving. Good performances on the field will help everybody forget anyway

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this fair? We lose a gun second rower for another club to pick up a bargain

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree this is the hard part. He is too good a player not to be resigned and still has a long career ahead of him. Rashays aren’t signing shit... I think that ship has sailed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really gonn miss him, he is a Dynamite player it’s sad what happened I think it’s a 50/50 call but believe it or not .. sacking both of them have earned us some respect I heard Braith Anasta, brandy and Geyer etc all applaud us. And rashays might be back on the cards
The respect of Braith Anasta doesn't mean much to me. This is the guy that supposedly ruined the marriage of Sherwin by messing around with his wife. Sherwin went downhill after his marriage broke up, so I'll always harbour some hatred for Anasta. Most of the talking heads that were once decent players carry on like they were saints, but I'm sure that many of them have their own skeletons in the closet.

I'm a bit annoyed that our club has to be the one that follows a strict moral code due to media pressure when many others thrive with scumbags playing for them. Look at De Belin. May or may not be guilty of rape, but regardless of that, he's not been thrown under the bus for cheating on his pregnant partner. Inglis assaulted his wife, broke a number of driving laws etc and is not thrown under the bus based on moral judgement.

I personally don't agree with 23-24yo's sleeping with people who are still at school. But those young women were of legal age and as such engaged their right to choose. In Okunbors case the texts that were released paint her as having been pretty aggressive in her intentions. Both players should have known better. And I'd have fined them and sat them out of the game for some time. But I don't think it was a sackable offence given that other players have been forgiven for worse.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let them take him. Zero fucks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
West Tigers will sign him for sure with Madge being NZ coach and all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was literally just about to say my money is on the Tigers - lol
Yeah man them or the warriors I think. Was saying to my Knights mates that they'd be mad not to sign him, Pearce be crying out for a strong line runner for ages, a back row of;
11. Fitzgibbon
12. CHN
13. Frizzell (I think this is his best position)
Would be very strong

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest it would be pretty piss poor for the nrl to be a part of his sacking only to register him for a new team.

The most fair result is send him to UK for a Few years and let him come back after that. It’s a huge slap in the face of the club who had him deregistered if he is picked up by another team. The new team don’t lose sponsors, or get a bad image. But most likely will get a decent player on rock bottom dollar.

Hypocrisy of the game I guess.

And although the boys didn’t do something illegal from a law perspective they were stupid and pig headed for doing what they did. If they could only wait 2-3 more days. Get back to Sydney and do what ever they want in their home.

Anyways besides the point. But in saying that. I think the sacking was the only way to fix our image. Especially without a major sponsor. You can’t be deemed the family club, and you stand by player who did something that on most people’s ethical radar would be wrong.

So I can accept the sackings for the greater good. I probably wouldn’t say it was the clear cut best thing to do. But for the club, for our image and for the greater good of our future especially sponsorship wise. It was the only move we could make. And hope it gets the nrl and press off our back for a few months.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Club didn't deregister him, the nrl did. Until the NRL change their mind, he can't play anywhere. It's fake news.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No surprises here.

Maybe it is best if the NRL dissolves and anyone/anything better comes along.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He will end up in Super Rugby. Auckland and Waikato are sniffing.Nasheed.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will end up back at Panthers.
He never wanted to leave anyway

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will end up back at Panthers.
He never wanted to leave anyway
They don't need him. That's why they got rid of him in the first place. Kikau's there and Martin is ready to take Yeo's position (who has played pretty well in the first two rounds).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The respect of Braith Anasta doesn't mean much to me. This is the guy that supposedly ruined the marriage of Sherwin by messing around with his wife. Sherwin went downhill after his marriage broke up, so I'll always harbour some hatred for Anasta. Most of the talking heads that were once decent players carry on like they were saints, but I'm sure that many of them have their own skeletons in the closet.

I'm a bit annoyed that our club has to be the one that follows a strict moral code due to media pressure when many others thrive with scumbags playing for them. Look at De Belin. May or may not be guilty of rape, but regardless of that, he's not been thrown under the bus for cheating on his pregnant partner. Inglis assaulted his wife, broke a number of driving laws etc and is not thrown under the bus based on moral judgement.

I personally don't agree with 23-24yo's sleeping with people who are still at school. But those young women were of legal age and as such engaged their right to choose. In Okunbors case the texts that were released paint her as having been pretty aggressive in her intentions. Both players should have known better. And I'd have fined them and sat them out of the game for some time. But I don't think it was a sackable offence given that other players have been forgiven for worse.
Forgetting the rest ...

Anasta slept with Shifty's wife? Mutha fucker