Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lucifer is a cool dude though, has a nightclub, does favours for people and solves crimes on the side.
But he has a pommy poof accent. You think Lucy would have a deeper voice lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Star Trek; all forms of it. Have complete series of each on DVD. As of this point in time because i don't have Amazon Prime I have not seen Picard. My son has watched it and likes it.

Have you watched the Shannara Chronicles, Black Mirror, Dr Who, Umbrella Academy, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits?
Another one worth trying on your level is 'fear itself' not amazing but on this train of style. Every episode a new scary story.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually believe in that crap, one thing I do find funny about one religion is South Park's send up of the morman faith, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb, my apologies to anyone I have offended but that send up was hilarious.
Well that wasn't a piss take, that's what that cult actually believes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Star Trek; all forms of it. Have complete series of each on DVD. As of this point in time because i don't have Amazon Prime I have not seen Picard. My son has watched it and likes it.

Have you watched the Shannara Chronicles, Black Mirror, Dr Who, Umbrella Academy, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits?
Picard is awesome but you have to binge it. It really feels like a movie that has been broken up into a bunch of episodes so if you watch it weekly then it feels like you're pausing a movie. Just sit down and binge it all in one go. Lockdown special.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've seen some episodes of Black Mirror and Umbrella Academy.

I've only seen old episodes of the Twilight Zone from the 80's and Dr Who I only really watched the 80's version with Tom Baker.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's an interesting thought but this is just Dawkins thoughts and ideas.

it's the theological equivalent of 72 genders.

yi unsound kore agnostic so that's cool.

for me, 100 percent there is a God and the books are true. There is questions though, because I think some things aren't entirely accurate and have been lost in translation, and I think some of the Old Testament stuff has been embellished but rooted in truth.

perfext example is Noah's ark.

The Bible tells it the way Trump or a leb would tell it 'covered the whole world' 'every animal cuz'.

i believe there was a great flood in the muddle east, science backs this up. But to the people affected, it seems like the whole world.
Then Dawkins rolls in sniggering with the 'what about koalas lol' type logic.
I think you've been listening to the Church discussing agnosticism and Dawkins and not the actual definitions of Agnosticism and the points raised by Dawkins.

I generally disagree with Dawkins on much but his stance on Agnosticism is alright. He even lists himself as Agnostic.

It's also the literal definition of Agnosticism. Agnosticism was never separated from Atheism. That's just something church members say to attempt to make Atheism sound stupid.

I agree on the flood thing though. Regardless if it's God or not, stories are often based on things that happen in real life.

A

Alexander the Great

Did you apply for the debate team at high school?
I think you've been listening to the Church discussing agnosticism and Dawkins and not the actual definitions of Agnosticism and the points raised by Dawkins.

I generally disagree with Dawkins on much but his stance on Agnosticism is alright. He even lists himself as Agnostic.

It's also the literal definition of Agnosticism. Agnosticism was never separated from Atheism. That's just something church members say to attempt to make Atheism sound stupid.

I agree on the flood thing though. Regardless if it's God or not, stories are often based on things that happen in real life.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agnosticism started from a reverse of the church's Gnosticism, derived from the Greek Gnosis meaning knowledge. Agnosis being a lack of knowledge or a stance that you cannot know.

That's what agnosticism is. Admitting that you cannot know the existence of God either way.

Atheism just stands on the non-belief side of Agnosticism.

Of course there's philosophers who lean on the side of them being two different things but most philosophers lean on the side of them being combinable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you apply for the debate team at high school?
I joined the debate team once. Oddly enough it was about government. The stance was, "are government intruding too much in our life?"

I was meant to debate against. I went on a rant about how they are invading our lives too much, then I got kicked off the team. Then I went to the bushes to pull cones.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This Ruby Princess saga is dragging on and on. What a big stuff up from the authorities.

These are the sort of mistakes that preppers thrive off. They can point towards this event and say look how incompetent the government is as they hoard supplies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I had to pop in.. Really enjoyed the episodes I’ve watched of Twilight Zone..my fav story..all the movie is a little iffy..the last story Nightmare at 20000 Feet with John Lithgow..and directed by Aussie George Miller..I loved..still scares the crap out of me.. It’s a remake of one of the tv episodes..it starred Captain Kirk himself..William Shatner.. His was good too, but the gremlin getup was a bit wanky..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've seen some episodes of Black Mirror and Umbrella Academy.

I've only seen old episodes of the Twilight Zone from the 80's and Dr Who I only really watched the 80's version with Tom Baker.
My fav from the past was the Dr prior to Tom Baker Jon Pertwee. I was lucky enough to "inherit" quite a few videos and dvds of the older series from my brother.

I remember the old Twilight Zone too which quite a few of the newer version episodes payed homage. Another good series of around the time of original TZ was the one Alfred Hitchcock presents.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahaha , New Zealand have the bonk ban now . They must have heard the vic premiers speech during the week and got the bonk ban idea

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
But I do always find it funny that a person can support a single religion while openly criticising other religions, like Scientology.

... I'm kidding. Scientology is a joke. Most religions I have the utmost respect for. Not Scientology though. It is a scam.
It's like Christian Metal bands, how's that work. Metal has always been called the "Devils" music. Just look at it during the 70's and 80's with all the record burning and satanic messages folk thought the music enticed. I just always find it funny when i hear the term Christian Metal band.

Also, Scientology is as fake as a snake oil salesman.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually believe in that crap, one thing I do find funny about one religion is South Park's send up of the morman faith, dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb, my apologies to anyone I have offended but that send up was hilarious.
Same with their Scientology piss takes. I love South Park because they take shots at everyone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But he has a pommy poof accent. You think Lucy would have a deeper voice lol
He needs that voice to say "detective" though, wouldn't be the same without it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had to pop in.. Really enjoyed the episodes I’ve watched of Twilight Zone..my fav story..all the movie is a little iffy..the last story Nightmare at 20000 Feet with John Lithgow..and directed by Aussie George Miller..I loved..still scares the crap out of me.. It’s a remake of one of the tv episodes..it starred Captain Kirk himself..William Shatner.. His was good too, but the gremlin getup was a bit wanky..
Yes, makeup was not what it is today in the Original TZ. Still a classic episode of the original but I must admit john Lithgow did a pretty good job in the remake movie. Shatner was in one other episode Nick of Time another episode remade in the reboot.

Shatner also appeared in an episode of Outer Limits ;Cold hands Warm heart ironically revolving around " Project Vulcan. Leonard Nimoy appeared in I robot in both series. It has quite a few of the actors who appeared in guest roles on Star Trek.Vic Perrin who was the voice of the Control also appeared in Trek.

Can't beat the old anthology shows of the sixties and for the most part the remake episodes have been enjoyable as well.

In my younger days I attended many ST conventions and I was lucky enough to meet Michael Dorn, Guy Vardemann, James Doohan, George Takei, Gates McFadden, Walter Koenig,Suzie Plakson, Jane Badler ( from V) plus other behind the scenes guys. Used to save for a whole year to go. Plenty of autographs before the times that they started charging for them and good merchandise. Pretty good value for money mostly three days until some problems with licence and stuff meant the running was taken out of the fans hands and then conventions became like the ones in the States, expensive and single day events.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bahaha , New Zealand have the bonk ban now . They must have heard the vic premiers speech during the week and got the bonk ban idea
Man it's funny just hearing the words "Bonk Ban". Being able to "Bonk" my girlfriend is the only thing keeping me sane while in lockdown so hopefully Australia doesn't follow suit. Imagine all the built up testosterone and estrogen that's gonna be in NZ now. People will be blowing loads like a shook up Champaign bottle when the time comes...or should I say cums lol :tongueclosed:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man it's funny just hearing the words "Bonk Ban". Being able to "Bonk" my girlfriend is the only thing keeping me sane while in lockdown so hopefully Australia doesn't follow suit. Imagine all the built up testosterone and estrogen that's gonna be in NZ now. People will be blowing loads like a shook up Champaign bottle when the time comes...or should I say cums lol :tongueclosed:
If they put a bonk ban on in Australia, could you imagine the amount of "immaculate conceptions" that would happen?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, makeup was not what it is today in the Original TZ. Still a classic episode of the original but I must admit john Lithgow did a pretty good job in the remake movie. Shatner was in one other episode Nick of Time another episode remade in the reboot.

Shatner also appeared in an episode of Outer Limits ;Cold hands Warm heart ironically revolving around " Project Vulcan. Leonard Nimoy appeared in I robot in both series. It has quite a few of the actors who appeared in guest roles on Star Trek.Vic Perrin who was the voice of the Control also appeared in Trek.

Can't beat the old anthology shows of the sixties and for the most part the remake episodes have been enjoyable as well.

In my younger days I attended many ST conventions and I was lucky enough to meet Michael Dorn, Guy Vardemann, James Doohan, George Takei, Gates McFadden, Walter Koenig,Suzie Plakson, Jane Badler ( from V) plus other behind the scenes guys. Used to save for a whole year to go. Plenty of autographs before the times that they started charging for them and good merchandise. Pretty good value for money mostly three days until some problems with licence and stuff meant the running was taken out of the fans hands and then conventions became like the ones in the States, expensive and single day events.
My brush with geekness was going on the set for Episode 2 Attack of the Clones...I actually was behind the camera when a few moments were filmed..so I guess i was in a galaxy far far far..and a little bit more..away.. Was such a great day!
ps..yeah I don’t like what the conventions have become..just money making..

Status
Not open for further replies.