Other News Source Greenburg to be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
greenberg lol legend in his own lunch time, peter v now showing everyone just how poorly the nrl has been managed

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even hear of it. Guess because it wasn't a Dogs player. If Todd doesn't go soon, we are just going to continue to be driven into the ground, unless our board begin standing up to him
Wasn't it Trent Merrin and he did it on live TV on the Footy Show.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it Trent Merrin and he did it on live TV on the Footy Show.

Not sure, but it does ring a bell now that you mentioned Merrin. He would have been a Panther at the time and for some reason they are somewhat of a protected species, given the shit their players did, on camera, and are still free to play, while CHN, a Bulldog, has been given the boot

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
as much as I loathe Rupert, I must say I am quite enjoying seeing them go after Todd

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why didn't they address it before if for years they "knew" it was being run shithouse?
Agreed. But Channel 9 weren't blameless either and are only being so scathing publicly to try and drive the price down.

If anything the rights should be worth more than ever because everyone is desperate to watch footy. Channel 9 and Fox are missing the advertising revenue and ratings that footy brings as much as the NRL needs the money.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because nine must've been on the take as well even if they were funding the NRLol
Why didn't they address it before if for years they "knew" it was being run shithouse?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't we just enjoy the moment? :D

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure, but it does ring a bell now that you mentioned Merrin. He would have been a Panther at the time and for some reason they are somewhat of a protected species, given the shit their players did, on camera, and are still free to play, while CHN, a Bulldog, has been given the boot
Yes it was him doing the nudie run. Vision of it plastered over the media from the cameras that they had at the training field, so vision was freely available no cherry picker needed...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He's not the worst CEO tbh. Sure there were things that he could have done better, as is the case with anyone, but he was never as bad as Castle. At least Greenberg was a lot more hands on, he took over at a time when we had no sponsor, he worked hard in fixing the clubs perception and brand with the media and built a relationship with Camp Quality, which was immense for us back in 2009. I think we had Jaycar come on as a sponsor that year. He brought over Des, who at the time was a big signing for us.

The job he has done at NRL is shocking, but I think the money and the power probably got the better of him.
we had a sponsor with Mitsubishi electric who stuck with us for many years through trouble and renewed in 2007 for 2008, Greenberg took over in early 2008, global financial crisis happened in 2008, Mitsubishi electric doesn't renew the contract, Greenberg cant find a new sponsor, Greenberg has a pretty good excuse but wants a better excuse, Greenberg blames the club and how it was previously run for the lack of sponsor, fans like you believe it

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
we had a sponsor with Mitsubishi electric who stuck with us for many years through trouble and renewed in 2007 for 2008, Greenberg took over in early 2008, global financial crisis happened in 2008, Mitsubishi electric doesn't renew the contract, Greenberg cant find a new sponsor, Greenberg has a pretty good excuse but wants a better excuse, Greenberg blames the club and how it was previously run for the lack of sponsor, fans like you believe it
this 'bow to sponsors morals' feels like a new thing.
And to be honest who gives a fuck.

no wigga is going into car sales and seeing a well priced lancer and going 'hell no im not buying that otherwise perfect car for me because the sponsor the bulldogs who had players who were in trouble for bringing ho's to their hotel rooms'.
Or,
'I'm not taking that half price qantas deal because they sponsor the wallabies who has Izzy who shared a repent post at gays' .

sure, they would cop some consumer heat if sponsoring Michael Vick personally, on the extreme, but price , exposure and personal needs always win out.

Status
Not open for further replies.