Who to replace JO & CHN?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
good question. I would be looking at the Super League tbh, surely they have one gun centre who is keen to play in the NRL. As for now, and possibly an unpopular opinion, but I would bring Holland back, but only to partner Smith... people can say what they want about Kerrod but he was one of our better attack options at the back end of 2018 and the two were building as a combination, and then Hoppa DWZ on the opposite side, Meaney back into his natural position
Would love another John Timu or Gary Connelly type signing personally. Think the club has it in them to pull it off but ....

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough of the "the club should / shouldn't have done this"

Let's talk about who we can replace them with as we've now got a largish whole in our salary cap, no? Does anyone know what numbers we could potentially be playing with now? Not for 2021, but immediately.

Surely we'll go after that lad playing in Japan? That Rapana guy?

What about a second rower. Anyone handy out there to be picked up straight away?

We've also got that 350k set aside from Foran's injury. Gotta imagine that we'll go out searching in the coming weeks?
Simple: Josh Addo-Carr and David Fifita.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd love to get Garrick, there is a bit of old school about him that I like, but am pretty sure he resigned with the Sea Eagles recently
Out and out left centre who has found a home on the wing. Watched him alot is NSW at Dragons and always rated him, would like to see him get a run at left centre again over Brad Parker. As for centres in super league there aren't many good ones ATM, Percival is good but he just signed long term extension.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can report that behind the scenes certain directors are holding out an olive branch to CHN. It was far from unanimous to terminate CHN. On balance it was seen as the appropriate thing to do...especially for a season potentially written off anyway. Put it this way, no potential sponsor could ever say they got off lightly. Its felt that Greenturd will be gone for next season and we will attempt to re register CHN. You heard it here first.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldnt imagine anyone wanting to leave Oz and their family after this to go live in England.
Why?
Australia is great but so is England.
Take weekend trips to Tallinn for 39 bucks return. Why not !

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can report that behind the scenes certain directors are holding out an olive branch to CHN. It was far from unanimous to terminate CHN. On balance it was seen as the appropriate thing to do...especially for a season potentially written off anyway. Put it this way, no potential sponsor could ever say they got off lightly. Its felt that Greenturd will be gone for next season and we will attempt to re register CHN. You heard it here first.
April fools was yesterday

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out and out left centre who has found a home on the wing. Watched him alot is NSW at Dragons and always rated him, would like to see him get a run at left centre again over Brad Parker. As for centres in super league there aren't many good ones ATM, Percival is good but he just signed long term extension.
I didn't know he was normally a centre, but I could see it; He's just a natural. I thought Parker had really good season last year

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd actually target spine players and a real coach.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd actually target spine players and a real coach.
Without doubt I think we can do better as a coach, but can't see anyone out there worth throwing the house at? 'Worth' is perhaps a bad word. 'Obtainable'

Spine players agree also though. I guess I was more focusing on replacing these two, especially JO since we're really light in the backline. A half, hooker, and seemingly FB it seems?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone seriously think Toddy and NRLol will allow us to realise an advantage we may have had with excess sc monies for 2021?

No way!
No, I meant we already had millions for 2021.

There is talent out there. But can anyone see Fifita signing with us, even if we offered more than anyone?

Like I said, there could be a tonne of contracted players looking to move to try and make money back short term after this whole crisis. IF we maintain our advantage in cap space, then hopefully we can capitalise on that situation.

Then again, it's hard to compete with the clubs that always have infinite cap space even when they shouldn't and who will be able to afford to keep cheating despite losing millions during this time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Those certain Directors have proven to be just as ineffective as the remaining uncertain Directors.