CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just glad it's done and dusted the punishment is probably harsh on CHN but he has cost the club big time.

Hopefully it sinks into the rest of the squad that this type of shit won't be tolerated.
Totally agree with your statement, however, I cant stop thinking about what a shitty time to sack a person considering what the entire world is going through at present. I understand that what they did wasn’t in line with club principles, a long suspension and fine would suffice, taking into consideration that they were not guilty of anything illegal and there are other players still playing who are guilty of much worse unpleasantries. I truly believe our club is imploding from political correctness much like society in general these days.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently some of our players were SHOWERING NAKED tonight, looks like they're getting deregistered also.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
It’s the right call that has left a real bitter taste in my mouth as to how it was played.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might be more to the CHN sacking, maybe he has a habit of silly behaviour? Remember when he got dropped by Pay last year kinda of seemed odd at the time. This might have been the last straw for the club for all we know.
get what you're saying, but it is the NRL who deregistered them

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can the Bulldogs formally deregister them tho? Wouldn't it always have to go through the NRL? honest question as I don't know
Only the NRL, which is why Stuart used to get the shits when they would sack players who would then end up in opposing teams

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only the NRL, which is why Stuart used to get the shits when they would sack players who would then end up in opposing teams
Then why are people even bringing that into play then? The NRL only acted on the club's suggestions and information. Isn't that right? We held the inquest, interviews etc into it then presented our findings and suggestions? Or am I missing something?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then why are people even bringing that into play then? The NRL only acted on the club's suggestions and information. Isn't that right? We held the inquest, interviews etc into it then presented our findings and suggestions? Or am I missing something?

I think it's because the club are always trying to appease Todd, and he only ends up using it against us, and these two are the latest sacrifice

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's because the club are always trying to appease Todd, and he only ends up using it against us, and these two are the latest sacrifice
Fair enough. Don't see it that way but who am I to say? Clearly tho it does seem as tho the Dogs made the call on this, or at least pushed for this decision to be made. Whether it was the right or wrong one with CHN is yet to be seen.

We sign two decent players instead of them I can't see too many people bothering about it personally

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can any of you degenerates please post the videos of Chinese people spreading the virus?

I've seen them being posed but lost theM

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The nrl are corrupt organisation absolutely bullshit.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been searching for new on this 'scandal' in the news but haven't found shit? Wtf is going on? Assumed the world would be against us, but even the Daily Telecrap doesn't have anything.

I really don't understand this at all ... anyone know why? I'd really like to find more info about this but it's like it's been forgotten? Unless there really is a court case looming and journos can't come out with stories yet?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with your statement, however, I cant stop thinking about what a shitty time to sack a person considering what the entire world is going through at present. I understand that what they did wasn’t in line with club principles, a long suspension and fine would suffice, taking into consideration that they were not guilty of anything illegal and there are other players still playing who are guilty of much worse unpleasantries. I truly believe our club is imploding from political correctness much like society in general these days.
Losing two sponsorships at the minute with everything going on at the minute isn’t ideal either. It’s the real world and all these players always talk about rugby league being a business and they have learnt the real hard way. Something doesn’t have to be illegal for it to result in a contract getting torn up.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck these c*** at NRL and our club... CHN absolutely did not deserve to get sacked at all. Okunbur yeah fair enough. Gone are the days the club looked out for their players, dirty c*** tarred Corey with the same brush and hung him out to dry.
The club were damned if they didn't report this to the NRL and damned if they did. Let's get serious the media would have canned the club if they tried to sweep it under the carpet.

As a supporter and being selfish about my feelings towards the club I love, I am filthy about the whole situation. We lost 2 players who did nothing wrong from a legalistic point of view.

I have to leave the emotion to one side and consider the facts. What JO did was dumb & unprofessional. Yes the girl contacted him. Yes the testosterone kicked in and he couldn't say no. Let he who hasn't sinned cast the first stone. Consider this....If JO followed the same path and used common sense by taking the girl to another hotel to ensure he DID NOT BREAK CLUB AND TEAM RULES would we know about his exploits? Would the media know? The media didn't know until the players were stood down by the club. At that point in time they smelt a story and went fishing for info. We lost Sponsors. JO deserved the outcome.

I feel for CHN. Again he did nothing illegal. A suspension would have sufficed. But the club could not stand down JO without standing down CHN because they both broke the rules.

The self righteous NRL have created this environment of fear where most clubs (and especially ours because of everything that's happened in the past) feel compelled to report everything.

There are many on this site belittling the current board. One posting a photo of the wiggles. This board is working hard to instil a new culture to this great club. It's a work in progress. They could have swept this under the carpet. Is that what some of you Muppets really want them to do or alternatively do you want them to have a vision and to operate with the utmost integrity. If they did nothing and allowed this to go through to the keeper and the media got a whiff you would be calling for their heads.

The players broke the rules and we lost Sponsors worth in excess of $2M. If the players did things discreetly & used their big head rather than their little head in all likelihood we would not have heard about any of this and the club would have $2M plus in the bank.

Finally opinions on here seem to be based on the importance of the player to the team. Thus they are happy to see JO go but not CHN. Sadly they both broke the same rule however Greenturd, the worst CEO ever employed by the NRL, decided that he couldn't trust our club to do the right thing so he had to step in and cut them loose. Blame the NRL not the board.

In terms of this board they haven't been afforded the opportunity to operate properly from a financial point of view since they were elected (twice). Going forward they have to deal with the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic. Tough times. I will judge them at the end of 2021.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be interesting which team they will end up playing in a year or two.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been searching for new on this 'scandal' in the news but haven't found shit? Wtf is going on? Assumed the world would be against us, but even the Daily Telecrap doesn't have anything.

I really don't understand this at all ... anyone know why? I'd really like to find more info about this but it's like it's been forgotten? Unless there really is a court case looming and journos can't come out with stories yet?
The media already done all the hardwork, nothing to report now that they've been deregistered.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The media already done all the hardwork, nothing to report now that they've been deregistered.
Yeah ... but looking past all the shit going on about whether the club was right or wrong etc.

You don't find it strange that the day after we've let these two players go that not one of the papers has a story about it? No follow up about how the club / players have screwed over the NRL and community? Shit. What happened that Mad Monday? Pretty much week upon week of backpage stories. Now?

I don't know. I just find it a little weird myself.