CHN and Okunbor de-registered

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will be lucky to sign anyone after this decision.
It's just an unprofessional shitshow as per usual. Sad. Once were... Entertainers and ....Dogs of War.

An empty shell of the club that was.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
pretty much. We need an Uncle Nick, or at least somebody with a pair.
There's no one gonna be forging a strong, independent, stand alone/united together future for the Bulldogs any time soon.

We are pushed from pillar to post like pinball wizzards staggering from one disaster to the next :(

Not proactive: just reactive.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've agreed with a lot of your stuff,over time,but not this,maybe u don't have any daughters,there are rules out there in society,and as players representing our club and colours,they are told constantly,about making the right decisions,how can anyone,say the club threw them under the bus,what the club has done now is they have drawn a line in the sand,cross it,and expect the same punishment,remember CHN had previous issues at Penrith,I feel for okunbor,I've had brief chats with him at club functions etc,came across as a decent bloke,but he is young,maybe a year out of the game will do him the world of good.
NRL de registered CHN, we didn't fight for Corey ... Clubs thrown him under the bus or they aren't giving us the full story.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no one gonna be forging a strong, independent, stand alone/united together future for the Bulldogs any time soon.

We are pushed from pillar to post like pinball wizzards staggering from one disaster to the next :(

Not proactive: just reactive.

Pretty much. I mean it's nice that they want to be good guys and all, but unfortunately being a good guy in the world of business only sets you up to be trampled on

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I would because that's what being a leader demands. Lets not get so worked up about losing a so called $2m Rashays sponsorship. Take it from me this current lockdown has hit Rashays so hard that they like many other restaurant groups are on the brink of collapse if landlords enforce their leases. They would of pulled out of the deal so lets put things in perspective.

These guys did nothing illegal. Furthermore as reported by the NRL integrity Commission directorate...this is NOT a sex scandal as nothing other than consensual sex happened here. Our beloved Club talks about the players causing massive damage to the reputation of the Club, having broken some esoteric players integrity regulations. What rules and regulations are they referring to? Do THEY live by the same standards? This doesn't even take into account the responsibility and duty of care our Club has to rehabilitate the players. Who gives a fuck about rehabilitating them eh?...the Club is a fucking disgrace in this matter.

The imposition of the Club and indeed the NRL into the private affairs of players is totally out of order. In fact the imposition into the private lives of players reminds me of what the Police State is doing now in NSW and Victoria in the name of halting a virus. A liberal free society allows individuals to choose who they have consensual sex with, who they meet, when and where. We are not Communist Russia or Communist China.

Lets not forget that Israel Folau would of won his unfair dismissal case, hence why Rugby Australia with our darling ex CEO Raelene Castle front and centre in dishing out Israels discipline having to offer a multi million $ settlement to prevent a loss in the Federal Court.

Professional sport has grossly overstepped the mark in imposing controls on players over the civil liberties that all of the rest of us enjoy. Its about time the players revolt about the treatment dished out to our players here. If the RLPA is serious about representing the interests of players, they need to step in here and negotiate a more realistic application of expectations and controls put upon players in any contracts going forward. We are in the midst of resetting the terms of our great game and this issue is important to ensure players enjoy the same freedoms concerning consensual sex with adults that the rest of us enjoy.
All you had to say was 'I think breaking the codes rules with teenage girls and undermining the club is OK!'

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Don't forget...
Have group sex with a 19 year old...you become a TV football presenter !
Get dropped off naked and drunk at a police station doors...You become a great !
Run the streets naked for a bet...They think it's funny and fun !
Better still...
Looting and felony makes you immortal !
Drug abuse makes you immortal !
Hang on...It is the Greatest game I mean SHAME of all !!!
I see we're on the same page lol

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, there is probably way more to this story particularly with Chn and the club would be confident enough to make a decision like this to ensure no recourse in respect to unfair dismissal
Agree. Hypocritical of NRL to be allowing that, and many can look at it as the club being weak.

I prefer to see it as the opposite and the club showing strong moral values and making the right decision based on the morals and values of the club.

Many disagree and that's fine. Nothing we can do about it but move on
NRL de registered CHN, we didn't fight for Corey ... Clubs thrown him under the bus or they aren't giving us the full story.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree, there is probably way more to this story particularly with Chn and the club would be confident enough to make a decision like this to ensure no recourse in respect to unfair dismissal
That's the way I'm thinking. Glad that people aren't really on here fighting for JO and do get the defending of CHN as based on what we know it's quite a big call by the club. Afraid we'll never know the details unless the players themselves want to make it public to discredit the Dogs & NRL. Brave move if they do especially in these times and not something I'd like to see but who knows?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith fought for him,lot of good that did,good riddance they said,the bulldogs will take him,he's 25 next birthday I think,sorry but I think the club did the right thing,he's gone from $400k a year to Centrelink.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Penrith fought for him,lot of good that did,good riddance they said,the bulldogs will take him,he's 25 next birthday I think,sorry but I think the club did the right thing,he's gone from $400k a year to Centrelink.
Still doesn't answer the question as to why he was let go though... How can the club expect members and fans to keep their money in the club during this economic time without games and not offering full transparency in a situation like this... Shows a lack of respect and honesty imo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still doesn't answer the question as to why he was let go though... How can the club expect members and fans to keep their money in the club during this economic time without games and not offering full transparency in a situation like this... Shows a lack of respect and honesty imo.
Perhaps they're bound by certain privacy laws when it comes to the girls and players? They did talk about wanting to respect the girls throughout? Especially if the players have indicated that they're potentially going to challenge this ruling, the less information the club gives the better for them?

Not disagreeing with you btw. I personally would love to know each and every detail of what happened so I could form a more educated opinion on this, however until then all I can do is back what the club is doing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Perhaps they're bound by certain privacy laws when it comes to the girls and players? They did talk about wanting to respect the girls throughout? Especially if the players have indicated that they're potentially going to challenge this ruling, the less information the club gives the better for them?

Not disagreeing with you btw. I personally would love to know each and every detail of what happened so I could form a more educated opinion on this, however until then all I can do is back what the club is doing.
It's likely what's happened, but yeah protecting the girls is ideal given the situation and allowing them to focus on HSC etc... But I still feel the could have offered more or at least judged the 2 seperately.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's likely what's happened, but yeah protecting the girls is ideal given the situation and allowing them to focus on HSC etc... But I still feel the could have offered more or at least judged the 2 seperately.
Know I got carried away yesterday with it all, but throughout I've said that the CHN thing seems particularly harsh given the info we've got atm. Can only hope that there's some good reason why they were tarred witht he same brush, JO & CHN, but .... gotta expect there's a lot more at play here which can't be brought to public eyes.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Might be more to the CHN sacking, maybe he has a habit of silly behaviour? Remember when he got dropped by Pay last year kinda of seemed odd at the time. This might have been the last straw for the club for all we know.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Know I got carried away yesterday with it all, but throughout I've said that the CHN thing seems particularly harsh given the info we've got atm. Can only hope that there's some good reason why they were tarred witht he same brush, JO & CHN, but .... gotta expect there's a lot more at play here which can't be brought to public eyes.
I had an alert in this thread from a reply you made to a post of mine.

It's not there now for some reason? Would you like to let me know what it was?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Was that from now or last night? I think the mods cleaned up a lot of stuff last night mate as there was a lot of rubbish posted, from myself included. I've got no idea what was said, or what my reply was I'm sorry.

If it was from now the only think I said ... from memory ... is what you're replying to. I think?

A

Alexander the Great

He gets confused with the different accounts and the shit he dribbles. Liars have a tough time keeping up with the lies.