2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
fif.jpg

This is the only David Fifita we would have a chance at signing

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only chance we get is to throw the bank at someone like Munster, RTS, D Fifita and lure some other guys over and taking a punt on our younger guys coming through. But honestly cant see anything happening for quite some time. Can see guys wanting to leave though...
Who knows what the NRL will look like in 2021 let alone CBB...
Until we sigh a high profile player we won't attract other high profile players. And whilst Dean Pay is the coach, that won't be happening.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bide your time. Maybe go after someone in the Super League. Is Ryan Hall from the Roosters any good? Powerful ball runner and a veteran, may come cheap??

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is like 50
Bide your time. Maybe go after someone in the Super League. Is Ryan Hall from the Roosters any good? Powerful ball runner and a veteran, may come cheap??

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough of the "the club should / shouldn't have done this"

Let's talk about who we can replace them with as we've now got a largish whole in our salary cap, no? Does anyone know what numbers we could potentially be playing with now? Not for 2021, but immediately.

Surely we'll go after that lad playing in Japan? That Rapana guy?

What about a second rower. Anyone handy out there to be picked up straight away?

We've also got that 350k set aside from Foran's injury. Gotta imagine that we'll go out searching in the coming weeks?
$350 foran,Chris Smith,$230,JO$250,CHN $400,almost$1250 million,buys u 3 top quality players at today's prices ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
$350 foran,Chris Smith,$230,JO$250,CHN $400,almost$1250 million,buys u 3 top quality players at today's prices ?
Decent amount but as people have said in this time of uncertainty around the game it'll be difficult to attract anyone right now. Adding to that ... the Dogs aren't really that attractive as it is but I refuse to believe that there isn't someone decent we can pick up.

What about Union? They seem to be having even bigger issues that the NRL. Maybe we could entice a player from there? In the long-term though as I realise that we need to ensure the club is actually around in 3-4 months when we'll potentially be starting again.

A

Alexander the Great

Hi Slovenia Steve
Decent amount but as people have said in this time of uncertainty around the game it'll be difficult to attract anyone right now. Adding to that ... the Dogs aren't really that attractive as it is but I refuse to believe that there isn't someone decent we can pick up.

What about Union? They seem to be having even bigger issues that the NRL. Maybe we could entice a player from there? In the long-term though as I realise that we need to ensure the club is actually around in 3-4 months when we'll potentially be starting again.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way I won't be spewing / disappointed is if we get 2 better players. Fifita and JAC/Rapana would definitely hit the mark.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only way I won't be spewing / disappointed is if we get 2 better players. Fifita and JAC/Rapana would definitely hit the mark.
No way Fifita will come to us though. Can see Rapana coming immediately? JAC next year. Would 2 wingers be too much?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way Fifita will come to us though. Can see Rapana coming immediately? JAC next year. Would 2 wingers be too much?
nah mate, Dean will just play one of them at hooker

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love to get Garrick, there is a bit of old school about him that I like, but am pretty sure he resigned with the Sea Eagles recently
Winger right? Don't know enough about him to comment mate, but surely with all the stress being put on the league the market will be blown open with clubs looking to lose highly paid stars etc.? That's my hope anyway.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Winger right? Don't know enough about him to comment mate, but surely with all the stress being put on the league the market will be blown open with clubs looking to lose highly paid stars etc.? That's my hope anyway.
yeah, was solid in his rookie season. I don't think wing is one of our problems though, if we put Dallin and Reimis back on the wing we look much stronger on the edges

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah, was solid in his rookie season. I don't think wing is one of our problems though, if we put Dallin and Reimis back on the wing we look much stronger on the edges
Yeah. Agree on the above. What centre is out there then?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Agree on the above. What centre is out there then?
good question. I would be looking at the Super League tbh, surely they have one gun centre who is keen to play in the NRL. As for now, and possibly an unpopular opinion, but I would bring Holland back, but only to partner Smith... people can say what they want about Kerrod but he was one of our better attack options at the back end of 2018 and the two were building as a combination, and then Hoppa DWZ on the opposite side, Meaney back into his natural position