Other News Source Greenburg to be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But as soon as he left he just became this utter prick, especially to us. I honestly don't see how he can stay in his position after this crisis, this money issue is totally his fault and the only thing that will save the code from total annihilation is if this virus goes away asap. Which is totally out of his control. He should stand down immediately.
I remember when opposition supporters were saying we'd get special treatment from Greenburg.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree I liked Greenberg as Bulldogs CEO, he did some really good stuff cleaning up our image, introducing the Code of Conduct to get rid of grubs who let flares off at games etc - but his boots just got too big when he joined the NRL, even before he was CEO.
Before this crisis I had no specific beef with Greenberg but he's been in the chair long enough to have instituted a rainy day fund for the game and has clearly failed on that front.
And let's face it, to get the CEO gig he replaced a pretty unqualified Dave Smith, who was put in place by John Grant, who sacked the very good David Gallop.
Now that Gallop has left FFA, hopefully V'Landys would consider him for the NRL CEO job again.
We've had a couple of shockers as ARLC Chairman - Grant and Beattie - now there's a good operator in V'Landys - it's time to get a good operator in the CEO chair - in my view Gallop would be a good choice (assuming he's interested in returning with the shambles he'd be facing and without Grant around to make his life hell).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree I liked Greenberg as Bulldogs CEO, he did some really good stuff cleaning up our image, introducing the Code of Conduct to get rid of grubs who let flares off at games etc - but his boots just got too big when he joined the NRL, even before he was CEO.
Before this crisis I had no specific beef with Greenberg but he's been in the chair long enough to have instituted a rainy day fund for the game and has clearly failed on that front.
And let's face it, to get the CEO gig he replaced a pretty unqualified Dave Smith, who was put in place by John Grant, who sacked the very good David Gallop.
Now that Gallop has left FFA, hopefully V'Landys would consider him for the NRL CEO job again.
We've had a couple of shockers as ARLC Chairman - Grant and Beattie - now there's a good operator in V'Landys - it's time to get a good operator in the CEO chair - in my view Gallop would be a good choice (assuming he's interested in returning with the shambles he'd be facing and without Grant around to make his life hell).
My qualm with Greenburg was that towards the end of his time with us he'd simply become a puppet for the administration and media. I really didn't feel he was sticking up for what was best for the Dogs, but I could be wrong as that was a while ago? Agree though that he was good in bringing a few image to the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My qualm with Greenburg was that towards the end of his time with us he'd simply become a puppet for the administration and media. I really didn't feel he was sticking up for what was best for the Dogs, but I could be wrong as that was a while ago? Agree though that he was good in bringing a few image to the club.
Possible that was a combination of ambition (going to the NRL to further his career) and maybe he also got an early sniff of Ray making it clear who was in charge and he lost interest...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possible that was a combination of ambition (going to the NRL to further his career) and maybe he also got an early sniff of Ray making it clear who was in charge and he lost interest...
Possibly. As I said, a while ago for me so my memory is probably wrong on things. Can barely remember what I ate for breakfast!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly. As I said, a while ago for me so my memory is probably wrong on things. Can barely remember what I ate for breakfast!
You’re not alone mate. I could organise my own surprise party these days :-).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He did a few things before he left that increased the momentum of our downwards slide. The biggest being that he didn't see junior investment as anything but a wasted expense. I couldn't find the quote these days but it was along the lines of saying that investment in juniors was a waste of money because other clubs just scalp them anyway. To me this lead directly to us having to pay heavily for every bit of quality we have had in our since. Our junior development used to be brilliant and allowed us to keep an incredible amount of senior talent in the ranks.

Malla

Reaction score
He did a few things before he left that increased the momentum of our downwards slide. The biggest being that he didn't see junior investment as anything but a wasted expense. I couldn't find the quote these days but it was along the lines of saying that investment in juniors was a waste of money because other clubs just scalp them anyway. To me this lead directly to us having to pay heavily for every bit of quality we have had in our since. Our junior development used to be brilliant and allowed us to keep an incredible amount of senior talent in the ranks.
He's not the worst CEO tbh. Sure there were things that he could have done better, as is the case with anyone, but he was never as bad as Castle. At least Greenberg was a lot more hands on, he took over at a time when we had no sponsor, he worked hard in fixing the clubs perception and brand with the media and built a relationship with Camp Quality, which was immense for us back in 2009. I think we had Jaycar come on as a sponsor that year. He brought over Des, who at the time was a big signing for us.

The job he has done at NRL is shocking, but I think the money and the power probably got the better of him.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the only thing Greenberg did was dismantle us and our culture then appeared on tv every week to make it seem like a good thing

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
also Greenberg spent so much money on coaching staff and facilities then as nrl ceo wanted to limit the spend on coaching/support staff (targeted at us because we went above and beyond for hasler) saying it is not sustainable almost immediately afterwards, it doesn't make sense unless

1) something happened in the meantime between his decisions as club ceo and nrl ceo
or
2) he was making decisions at the club that he knew was unsustainable but pushed them through because he was trying to increase his own reputation
or
3) the clubs spending was sustainable but he lied because he wants to keep the bulldogs down

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Todd is a big part of the reason as to why we have a bad image. Yes, ther actions of some of our players over the years have not helped, but look around at all the clubs who go under the radar.. Penrith is a good example, their sex tape saga was forgotten almost as soon as it happened.. that would still be lingering if it was us

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This should off happened ages ago. Finally someone is there and realised how overrated and useless Greenberg is. No loss

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Greenburg and fuck the NRL I hope the whole organisation goes under and we fuck off these nanny state wankers! Time to build a strong game from the ashes free from the court of public opinion.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Greenburg and fuck the NRL I hope the whole organisation goes under and we fuck off these nanny state wankers! Time to build a strong game from the ashes free from the court of public opinion.
Yeah agree let’s start a new comp where same rules for all

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Todd is a big part of the reason as to why we have a bad image. Yes, ther actions of some of our players over the years have not helped, but look around at all the clubs who go under the radar.. Penrith is a good example, their sex tape saga was forgotten almost as soon as it happened.. that would still be lingering if it was us
what about that Penrith muppet who ran naked around the field for the media because he didn’t score a try. Where was the $250,000 fine for that? Fuck Greenberg and fuck the NRL. Go the virus until we have a new comp sorted.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about that Penrith muppet who ran naked around the field for the media because he didn’t score a try. Where was the $250,000 fine for that? Fuck Greenberg and fuck the NRL. Go the virus until we have a new comp sorted.

I didn't even hear of it. Guess because it wasn't a Dogs player. If Todd doesn't go soon, we are just going to continue to be driven into the ground, unless our board begin standing up to him

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont be blind to the fact that we are receiving special treatment from Greedberg

but no in the way we would like to....

Status
Not open for further replies.