Who to replace JO & CHN?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha can see the Kennel isn't a place for positivity right now. Best to give it a miss for a while :grinning:

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
There will be no Footy this year

No need to worry about signing anyone

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The last thing we needed was more cap space. We already had millions with no one to realistically spend it on. Who knows if we'll even be able to take advantage of it next year or what the cap will look like?

Why would rep players choose our club over anyone else right now? We just had one of our top 5 players de-registered and have a coach who has a 35% win percentage with the worst attack in the comp in over two years.. We just lost our only attacking 2nd rower who threw offloads..

Our only hope is that our juniors flourish or we sign young talent from other clubs but that just means more years of rebuilding.

The only way our cap space will be an asset is if they reduce the cap by percentage so we maintain our advantage in cap space and so many players are screwed over with their salaries that they'll be forced to sign with teams like ours who have space.
We had millions for this year? OK. I know for 2021 if that's what you're talking about?

Was personally just asking who we could possible pick up this season but based on what everyone's saying ... no one.

Agree on the last point though. Just hope we're opportunistic enough to take advantage of it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had millions for this year? OK. I know for 2021 if that's what you're talking about?

Was personally just asking who we could possible pick up this season but based on what everyone's saying ... no one.

Agree on the last point though. Just hope we're opportunistic enough to take advantage of it.
No, I meant we already had millions for 2021.

There is talent out there. But can anyone see Fifita signing with us, even if we offered more than anyone?

Like I said, there could be a tonne of contracted players looking to move to try and make money back short term after this whole crisis. IF we maintain our advantage in cap space, then hopefully we can capitalise on that situation.

Then again, it's hard to compete with the clubs that always have infinite cap space even when they shouldn't and who will be able to afford to keep cheating despite losing millions during this time.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think we would have close to 600k in the kitty. Considering 350 for Foran. About 150 for smith. And what ever wasn’t paid to okunbor and chn. That should amount to 200 minimum.

bad thing is with a 50-75 reduction in cap you basically have nothing. I think nrl went into lock down to screw the dogs over. They knew the 2 boys were getting stood down and the Foran and smith money. I think they stopped the competition because it would have given the bulldogs a premiership edge and they didn’t want that :p

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha can see the Kennel isn't a place for positivity right now. Best to give it a miss for a while :grinning:
When is the footy coming back? How much will the cap be reduced and for how long? Will players even want to move clubs with a reduced cap? How long can players sign for?

We aren't signing shit. Best we can hope for is to hold onto some promising young talent while bringing in a new coach to work with them.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only chance we get is to throw the bank at someone like Munster, RTS, D Fifita and lure some other guys over and taking a punt on our younger guys coming through. But honestly cant see anything happening for quite some time. Can see guys wanting to leave though...
Who knows what the NRL will look like in 2021 let alone CBB...

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A big no to Rapana,let's wait n see how this season pans out because we have cash to spend be patient but our fingers on the button ready to pounce

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need more mediocre players coz the dogs ain't used to signing up talent

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
in all seriousness, we should probably bring Sezer home for a year or two.. sure he's not the best half in the comp, but it would be good to have some experience in the halves because there is so much pressure on our spine given that they obviously don't have great coaching systems around them. Also because we definitely, are not going to appeal to any of the top halves in the competition

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
in all seriousness, we should probably bring Sezer home for a year or two.. sure he's not the best half in the comp, but it would be good to have some experience in the halves because there is so much pressure on our spine given that they obviously don't have great coaching systems around them. Also because we definitely, are not going to appeal to any of the top halves in the competition
We have Foran (as mentor) and Shifty (as halves coach), pretty good coaching systems IMHO. If they don't bear fruit over time, 2 games isn't "time", then we can review.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have Foran (as mentor) and Shifty (as halves coach), pretty good coaching systems IMHO. If they don't bear fruit over time, 2 games isn't "time", then we can review.

Go Dogs

Foz will be gone at the end of year, and I am also thinking about having that on field stability, because we are just too frantic. I'd even take a Jake Friend for a year or two just to have some mongrel in the 9, because it's a position that we have been dominated in for years now

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foz will be gone at the end of year, and I am also thinking about having that on field stability, because we are just too frantic. I'd even take a Jake Friend for a year or two just to have some mongrel in the 9, because it's a position that we have been dominated in for years now
Gone as a player maybe, gone as mentor maybe not.

Go Dogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a long time! We need experience in our spine... Give him a 2 year contract to partner up with Averilo or Wakeham..... You can't expect an apprentice to get the job done all by himself unless you show him the ropes..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a long time! We need experience in our spine... Give him a 2 year contract to partner up with Averilo or Wakeham..... You can't expect an apprentice to get the job done all by himself unless you show him the ropes..
I do also think he would offer more than just experience, Raiders have been one of the best attacking teams for years with him in the halves, even when Hodgson is not there

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We sat on our asses hailing 2021 as the year we have money to spend, put up with rubbish squads and continually performing badly. And now next year the salary cap will be reduced big time. Which screws us in the asshole.
Plus nobody knows how long till league starts and which players will come back unfit and shit etc and who will quit League full-time etc etc
It doesn't screw us. Everyone has to play to the same new cap. Players will just be on less money. That's all that changes. We will still have a higher % of the new salary cap to spend compared to other clubs. We're still going to have enough money to sign three to five more players depending on calibre. I'm pretty confident we'd have the salary cap space to sign JAC, Cotric, Milford and Friend if they were players that we wanted (I'm just using them as an e.g. as they make the most sense to me).

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It doesn't screw us. Everyone has to play to the same new cap. Players will just be on less money. That's all that changes. We will still have a higher % of the new salary cap to spend compared to other clubs. We're still going to have enough money to sign three to five more players depending on calibre.
Players will def be on less money but it will change the way players pick their clubs. Will be more about going to right club to win a premiership. We def arent one of those clubs. Big pay cheques are gone and so are the lure of top notch players