CHN and Okunbor de-registered

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN is a loss but he will be replaced. Okunbor was always making mistakes.
At the end of the day if they weren’t fucking dumb arses this wouldnt of happened. Its not hard to do the right thing!
At least that frees up some cash for some big name signings hopefully. We also have 3 spots to fill in this years top 30.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow,
I am bit confused at all the posts on here that don't agree with the penalty.
As a father of a high school age daughter, I applaud the stance the NRL has taken with both players.

Not knowing all the facts it's hard to judge, but from what I have heard, they got what they deserved.

Anyway, that's just my opinion for what it's worth.
This is pretty much how I feel.... although I do feel there are players running around who should have been deregistered under the same standards and the NRL lacks a bit of consistency. How Matt Lodge was allowed to return to the game, I’ll never understand.

Having said that, Okunbor and CHN only have themselves to blame.

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ would be a good pick up to add some size and aggression on an edge. Word was the broncos might release him to keep Fifita

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
TPJ would be a good pick up to add some size and aggression on an edge. Word was the broncos might release him to keep Fifita
His suspension record is getting to be a huge problem. He has so much loading now that even a minor offence ends up getting 3/4 weeks.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club is fucking useless, end of.
Each to their own I guess. Obviously this was going to divide the fanbase, just hoped that people would see a little sense. Guess it's too much to ask.

As of yet I've not seen one person defending JO as it seems people have accepted what he's done is worthy of being de-registered? If that's the case then it smacks of hypocracy when it comes to CHN as to me the uproar is more because he's a decent player and he'll be missed not so much because of the facts.

I agree that on paper it seems like a tough call against CHN with what was presented. But do prior incidents come into play? The fact that the club & NRL presented pretty clear guidelines and rules to the players? Someone mentioned that a past board member said it was automatic sacking for players who brought a female to their hotel room? There are so so many things behind this decision that everyone seems so hellbent on ignoring so they can throw mud at the club.

We're useless? Any person with a grudge against the club may say that so I get it. Personally the way I look at this is that the club are finally setting the benchmark for player behaviour at the club and in the NRL. Good for them. We lost 2m + because of these idiots.

Goodbye. You won't be missed.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I’m happy it’s over as much as I don’t think the punishment fits the crime

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
cannot say im surprised by the nrl action on this, have to say both players have let themselves and the club down big time with their actions. nrl have throw out to every club every player what they expect from players when they are representing the nrl.

both players have paid very dearly for something thats not illegal, but more so not a good look
they were dumb and should have put the values of the club before themselves

and now we await to see if the nrl punish the club further

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we should make a big play for Staggs, he is a weapon and might be open to moving back to NSW

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we should make a big play for Staggs, he is a weapon and might be open to moving back to NSW
Extended his contract recently with the Broncos. Hard to see us having a shot for next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Each to their own I guess. Obviously this was going to divide the fanbase, just hoped that people would see a little sense. Guess it's too much to ask.

As of yet I've not seen one person defending JO as it seems people have accepted what he's done is worthy of being de-registered? If that's the case then it smacks of hypocracy when it comes to CHN as to me the uproar is more because he's a decent player and he'll be missed not so much because of the facts.

I agree that on paper it seems like a tough call against CHN with what was presented. But do prior incidents come into play? The fact that the club & NRL presented pretty clear guidelines and rules to the players? Someone mentioned that a past board member said it was automatic sacking for players who brought a female to their hotel room? There are so so many things behind this decision that everyone seems so hellbent on ignoring so they can throw mud at the club.

We're useless? Any person with a grudge against the club may say that so I get it. Personally the way I look at this is that the club are finally setting the benchmark for player behaviour at the club and in the NRL. Good for them. We lost 2m + because of these idiots.

Goodbye. You won't be missed.
What a coincidence, this just happened as the deal was going to go through...yh sure :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were 16, mate. 16!!
JO - 23 CHN -24y.o
How many mistakes did you make when you were 16?
Fuck me there are some mysogynists on this site!
Perhaps this is part of the reason for the seemingly hardline stance by the club? So many misinformed and dated views on this matter towards women that the club & NRL are seeing this as an opportunity to begin the reshaping of male views towards women?

For the life of me I can't believe some people are attempting to throw mud on these girls.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a coincidence, this just happened as the deal was going to go through...yh sure :tearsofjoy:
So forget the rest of the argument and just focus on that? It was only one part of the wider picture, but you're happy to burn the club with your views then so be it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they are that dumb off the field I can't see how their footy IQ can improve all that much.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They were 16, mate. 16!!
JO - 23 CHN -24y.o
How many mistakes did you make when you were 16?
Fuck me there are some mysogynists on this site!
at what age are kids allowed to begin transitioning to the gender of choice? if 16 is too young to decide whether you can have sex. how is it ok to allow transitioning?

A

Alexander the Great

***** on this forum thinking that CHN getting sacked is the right call...that will do me.

Upper cut yourself you gimp