Reaction score
Treats lol.. !!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who else is on your “list”? Lol
Could be a whole thread on its own...
I think I have McCracken so high because the was the first player to really screw over the club and I was old enough to realise what was going on. Unfortunately he’s been joined by plenty of others. I’m glad he missed out on being on the field in 95 and that win that semi in 98 was mad all the more sweeter because he was on the field. At least Pay, J Smith and Dymock gave their all for the club in 95 McCracken threw in the towel and refused to play.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I have McCracken so high because the was the first player to really screw over the club and I was old enough to realise what was going on. Unfortunately he’s been joined by plenty of others. I’m glad he missed out on being on the field in 95 and that win that semi in 98 was mad all the more sweeter because he was on the field. At least Pay, J Smith and Dymock gave their all for the club in 95 McCracken threw in the towel and refused to play.
I remember this also mate, I was peeved at him for sure because he sat out and the other 3 didn’t, but they pissed me off also. I guess where I differ is I look back at what he did in some of those games and look at it through a Bulldogs lens so I’m quite apathetic toward him.

How does jumping on a plane in the dead of night and leaving your teammates behind to fight for the wooden spoon sit with you
in comparison?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember this also mate, I was peeved at him for sure because he sat out and the other 3 didn’t, but they pissed me off also. I guess where I differ is I look back at what he did in some of those games and look at it through a Bulldogs lens so I’m quite apathetic toward him.

How does jumping on a plane in the dead of night and leaving your teammates behind to fight for the wooden spoon sit with you
in comparison?
Don’t worry SBW is right up on the list too. The 4 that went to Parra, SBW, Mason, Barba and Klemmer are a big reason why I don’t have a much of an attachment to any of our players these days.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Used to like him in his heyday but yeah turned out he was a massive wanker. Wrote some shit slagging us off in a book too didn't he?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t worry SBW is right up on the list too. The 4 that went to Parra, SBW, Mason, Barba and Klemmer are a big reason why I don’t have a much of an attachment to any of our players these days.
And Haumono sneaking away for the pleasure machine (which was bs, he just wanted out of his contract).

What is it with players running out on us?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not gon lie loved him as a player growing up and helped he played for the same junior club and went to same high school and from same hood West Auckland

I was still young around 95 and thought he was brushed by the coaches until spoonman just explained

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Phil was a POS of the highest order he was one of the player’s that started the rot at the club

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah mate. He was legit pussy whipped and left to go find her. Choc had to go bring him lol. He also nearly punched on with a couple of well known people because of her. Can't say their names, but one is in the boxing industry, and the other in the mortgage/lending industry. Big enough clues right there. I knew him at the time, and also Choc, so no bs on this kennellers. He is a humble champion guy, just a soft cock at the time with her. We have all had that one girl that had us change our ring tone to the Mr. Whippy van tune lol
And Haumono sneaking away for the pleasure machine (which was bs, he just wanted out of his contract).

What is it with players running out on us?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smackin McCracken was a champion center for us. Wasn’t his fault it was the Super League greed, if the dogs stayed with the ARL McCracken would have with the Dogs too. One of my all time fav centers we ever had. Man he hurt fuckers in D and attack.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s a fuckwit of the highest order and I don’t care how good he was he can get fucked. The ultimate traitor.
Surprised not many people think this.

The other 3 were bad enough in defecting (staying) with the ARL but McCracken was a **** of the highest order the way he went about it. Maybe Anderson had it in for him? But by all reports it was fair enough. Fuck the guy. Really. One of the lowest points in my life when those 4 defected, and the Kiwi c*** was at the centre of that well and truly.

Was this true about him refusing to play though? I remember going to a game that year against Parra at Parra stadium when Anderson sent into the dressing rooms for him to come on. What was the turning point with McCracken?

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Smackin McCracken was a champion center for us. Wasn’t his fault it was the Super League greed, if the dogs stayed with the ARL McCracken would have with the Dogs too. One of my all time fav centers we ever had. Man he hurt fuckers in D and attack.
Super league saved us as a stand alone club. The ARL had plans to merge us with western suburbs that's why Bullfrog signed us up straight away and McCracken and the other traitors signed as well, until they realised they could get more signing with the ARL. McCracken was quoted as saying he wanted to be paid the same as Steve Renouf because he was as good as him. It wasn't about super league it was about individuals wanting better deals.