El Masri voted greatest goal kicker of all time

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://nam11.safelinks.protection..../HFYUKnPb2tk/Ga52vk3iGsf/HNxdOeko=&reserved=0

As good as El Magic was I'd still have Darryl Halligan in front of him as he could kick goals a LOT further away from the goalposts from any angle. Hazem was an outstanding goal kicker from within range and that was probably from 30 to 35 metres from the goalposts. Halligan could kick them from near halfway and I do remember a match where Ross Conlon kicked a goal when he was playing for Canterbury against Easts at the old Sydney Sports Ground (prior to the Sydney Football Stadium) from over half way. Commentators at the time couldn't believe it when he came over to take an attempt at goal from 5 or 10 on his own side of halfway. he kicked it straight through the middle.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goal against Newy with pressure, on his wrong side to win the game and the goal
Against Sharks with gale force winds pushes him past Halligan for me

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tough one - but i'd pick Halligan. Just.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem was special. He kicked goals most or almost others would never kick. A prime example of this was at shark park where even Phil Gould nearly fell off his seat watching Hazem kicking them over from everwhere against gale-force winds swirling in all directions. Also, the famous kick against Newcastle to keep the streak alive will never be forgotten.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hazem is the greatest, glad I got to grow up watching him for a large part of his career (missed 98-2000) as I was to young to realise wtf was going on then lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Both are great, almost on par with each other and each played big parts in our team winning a grand finals.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both are great, almost on par with each other and each played big parts in our team winning a grand finals.
The question didn’t ask for fence sitting ya Wahash! Pick lol

A

Alexander the Great

Man thats going to piss off alot of people on here.....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think Hazem kicked for a shorter period than Halligan yet was able to score more points overall.

There's also quite a bit of difference in their height and physique, for me this puts Hazem ahead of Halligan for achieving what he did.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
El magic all the way.. every day.!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hazem was great but Halligan revolutionised goal kicking.....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hazem was amazing but Halligan is the one that taught him and took goalkicking from an art of 60% accuracy to nearly 90 as per today.

And further to that, how can you put Hazem over James Maloney? Who kicked them at 92% whereas El Magic only kicked ten at 81%
Strange how people define history.

Hazem is more in par with Adam Reynolds.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Goal against Newy with pressure, on his wrong side to win the game and the goal
Against Sharks with gale force winds pushes him past Halligan for me
Halligan also kicked pressure kicks from the sideline to win games.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Halligan also kicked pressure kicks from the sideline to win games.
Wrong side for a right footer and to keep our longest winning streak ever alive?

Im not saying Halligan bad, he’s a close second but Elmasri felt more safe

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
https://nam11.safelinks.protection..../HFYUKnPb2tk/Ga52vk3iGsf/HNxdOeko=&reserved=0

As good as El Magic was I'd still have Darryl Halligan in front of him as he could kick goals a LOT further away from the goalposts from any angle. Hazem was an outstanding goal kicker from within range and that was probably from 30 to 35 metres from the goalposts. Halligan could kick them from near halfway and I do remember a match where Ross Conlon kicked a goal when he was playing for Canterbury against Easts at the old Sydney Sports Ground (prior to the Sydney Football Stadium) from over half way. Commentators at the time couldn't believe it when he came over to take an attempt at goal from 5 or 10 on his own side of halfway. he kicked it straight through the middle.
I was at the game when Conlon kicked that goal. 56m out and it cleared the dead ball line