The NRL didn't have to shut down

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They stopped the competition because the QLD border was closed.

The could've just started a new 18 game competition.

The 16 teams would be split into 4 divisions of 4.

You play every team in your division twice in the first 6 weeks. (That would've taken us into May)

Then you play every other team once.

The divisions would've been-

Division A:

Brisbane Broncos
North Queensland Cowboys
Gold Coast Titans
New Zealand Warriors

Division B:

Canterbury Bulldogs
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers
Wests Tigers

Division C:

Sydney Roosters
Souths Rabbitohs
St.George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks

Division D:

Melbourne Storm
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights
Manly Sea Eagles

That way no one would've had to cross the QLD border until May at the earliest and we still would've gotten our NRL fix.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate, Took our beautiful game away, that sucks.. but in reality after looking at the BIG picture, I think it’s in the best interests of all players health to have suspended it.

this virus is out of control and if they can slow it just a little, and it means RL will be saved then it’s the best outcome... would I have preferred it to keep going, and have games 4 days a week? Of corse, but some things are out of our control and this is one of them.

people and their family’s health has to be top priority..!!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah everything has to shut down bro your still not getting it.. I don’t mean this in a internet fighty smart arse way I’m just saying this is pretty bad.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
nrl is not that good anyway, its not required

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah everything has to shut down bro your still not getting it.. I don’t mean this in a internet fighty smart arse way I’m just saying this is pretty bad.
Either you shut down EVERYTHING or not. They are still allowing 30 kids in a classroom and people are packed in places like Woolies. The NRL being open is not going to make this thing worse.

The players were self isolating when they weren't playing or training.

Anyway I do understand why they closed the NRL.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A group of men travelling training and travelling together to then take the field to collide and rub their sweaty bodies against each other?

It was just sad seeing them even attempt to find some way to keep the comp going.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They stopped the competition because the QLD border was closed.

The could've just started a new 18 game competition.

The 16 teams would be split into 4 divisions of 4.

You play every team in your division twice in the first 6 weeks. (That would've taken us into May)

Then you play every other team once.

The divisions would've been-

Division A:

Brisbane Broncos
North Queensland Cowboys
Gold Coast Titans
New Zealand Warriors

Division B:

Canterbury Bulldogs
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers
Wests Tigers

Division C:

Sydney Roosters
Souths Rabbitohs
St.George Dragons
Cronulla Sharks

Division D:

Melbourne Storm
Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights
Manly Sea Eagles

That way no one would've had to cross the QLD border until May at the earliest and we still would've gotten our NRL fix.
I like your concept, but your kidding yourself if you think this situation won't become total lockdown, at least for a while.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I like your concept, but your kidding yourself if you think this situation won't become total lockdown, at least for a while.
I'm pretty sure it will but at least we would've got 6 more weeks of NRL football and then it would've been easier to finish the season later as it would've been shortened rounds.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it will but at least we would've got 6 more weeks of NRL football and then it would've been easier to finish the season later as it would've been shortened rounds.
Aren’t all the borders locked

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said that they pulled the plug as the expert they commissioned said to stop as a player could get it and die , there is no way they could proceed on that basis as they could be held liable for unsafe practices . The qld boarder closing wasn’t an issue as qld govt was allowing them to use chartered planes.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They said that they pulled the plug as the expert they commissioned said to stop as a player could get it and die , there is no way they could proceed on that basis as they could be held liable for unsafe practices . The qld boarder closing wasn’t an issue as qld govt was allowing them to use chartered planes.
That is a load of shit by the NRL. As soon as QLD closed their borders the NRL stopped the comp within 2 hours.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Still getting international planes flying over our place, if they are allowing fuckers to lob in Australia and supposedly "self quarantine" (sure they will), then the NRL continuing wouldn't have been as big of a problem as all of these international flights landing IMO. Can see why they shut it down though (even though fuckwits ignoring precautions will bring our nation to its knees more than a strictly-controlled sport will ever do).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still getting international planes flying over our place, if they are allowing fuckers to lob in Australia and supposedly "self quarantine" (sure they will), then the NRL continuing wouldn't have been as big of a problem as all of these international flights landing IMO. Can see why they shut it down though (even though fuckwits ignoring precautions will bring our nation to its knees more than a strictly-controlled sport will ever do).
Well said, and even when I hear or see planes overhead even though it’s domestic, it still fucks me off. I really hope Australia closes up and goes into complete lockdown soon. You need this as do we as it will still affect both of us. FUCKERS Alright!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't we do the Gladstone idea?
Now before some smart Alec brings up the border issue, it doesn't need to be Gladstone, Gladstone is an idea, not a location.

Gladstone could have been in Northern NSW. Coffs Harbour or Port Macquarie. It could have been in Darwin (weather permitting) or a strategic expansion location.

The Port idea would work. Some games can be in Coffs still and some in Forster. It's better than calling the games off.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a special clause for Chinese and Indians on 457 visas to still come in

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Guy in our street told us that he rang his next door neighbour to see if he needed any grocercies as him and wife just back from Bali.

The guy said nah mate, we're good thanks, just down the beach at a cafe having a coffee (yesterday)!!!!

People are dumb as and it was/is as naive as all hell for the Govt to bring in these slack rules and think most would follow them...IMO.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
There's a special clause for Chinese and Indians on 457 visas to still come in
Don't know why, they should be locked out for a month or 2 IMO.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guy in our street told us that he rang his next door neighbour to see if he needed any grocercies as him and wife just back from Bali.

The guy said nah mate, we're good thanks, just down the beach at a cafe having a coffee (yesterday)!!!!

People are dumb as and it was/is as naive as all hell for the Govt to bring in these slack rules and think most would follow them...IMO.
People don't like to be called squealers but he should have dobbed them in. No wonder the virus is spreading when we have inconsiderate selfish people putting others at risk. They would probably be the first people to criticise the medical people if they can't get a respirator if they needed one. Heaven help them if they are positive and someone they contacted with gets the virus and dies....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They are telling people to dob in to Crimestoppers. I thought about ringing but my husband said they might think it was the neighbour that did.

The neighbour has told everyone in the street tho so far so they're not very highly thought of I can tell you.

Lets not kid ourselves, here would be thousands and thousands of these types running around not giving a hoot.
People don't like to be called squealers but he should have dobbed them in. No wonder the virus is spreading when we have inconsiderate selfish people putting others at risk. They would probably be the first people to criticise the medical people if they can't get a respirator if they needed one. Heaven help them if they are positive and someone they contacted with gets the virus and dies....