Our worst Fullback of last 25 years

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
So I have been sitting up all night and thinking About this.

It's a Continuation of the best and worst thread, and the last. At least from me.

like halfbacks, FULLBACK has been a position we have had relative stability over the last 2.5 decades.

Again, good players are going to be up the top of the worst list. I am not going to include two but players like Barry Berrigan. Our major Fullbacks, who are the worst?

The candidates, in my order is;
1. William Hopoate (2016-2018)
2. Sam Perrett (2014)
3. DWZ (2019-)
4. Brett Morris (2015)
5. Luke Patterns (2002-2010)
6. Ben Barba (2011-2013
7. Rod Silva (1995-2001)

This was hard for me Nasheed.
Barba and Silva were hard to split too.
The top 3 all had different strengths.
Hoppa had a good footy brain but has no athleticism and ability of inclination to back the big boys up. We tanked with him at the back and players simply ran around him. Was there too long and the whole part time Islamic thing on Sunday was just absurd for the modern games professionalism.
Perrett was the same but got himself into better positions, slightly less brain but more athleticism.

DWZ takes Perrett one step further, more athleticism and less brain, but has shown ability to motivate and get himself together.
After that we are brilliant. If only we got Tedesco. Nasheed.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
DWZ is the worst we have had. I would but Holland at the back before Z that's how bad he is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
B Moz
Perrett
DWZ/ Hoppa
Barba (would be number 1 if only considering 2012 form, but his 20-3 season was average at best)
Patten/ Silva

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ is the worst we have had. I would but Holland at the back before Z that's how bad he is.
I am actually a big fan at having Holland at the back. Made for it. Would be more suited than DWZ who is more centrelike.

strange how opinions on this all differ.
People saying Morris the worst, are they letting judgment be affected by his injuries? Hurt doesn't make him bad. He was one of the better ones. Could have been the best if not injured.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People saying Morris the worst, are they letting judgment be affected by his injuries? Hurt doesn't make him bad. He was one of the better ones. Could have been the best if not injured.
He was dynamic in attack, but his positional play left a fair bit to be desired. Maybe if he’d posted there more he’d have adapted, but you can only judge what you’ve seen. Perrett and Hoppa were safe as houses (Hoppa also offers an extra ball playing option) and DWZ is also solid from a positional pov (although he has been a little down on confidence this year) and is also a dynamic runner.

It’s not so much that B Moz was bad, but he was a natural singer and that showed sometimes in his defensive/ positional play.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A shame BMoz was so injury prone with us. Fullback highlights

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have also had play FB in this time:

- Jamal Lolesi
- Hazem El Masri
- Trent Cutler
- Brent Crisp
- Nick Youngquest.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol at ppl saying dwz. Late last year he's the messiah and 2 games into this season he's poo. That said I guess it's hard to pick a worst fullback, we haven't really had a bad one. Halves and hookers though...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Another fullback that can't pass a ball to save his life lol.
Yes well :grinning:...I thought the hard running, tackle breaks beating his man looked good....haven't seen that for a while. No offence DWZ.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa shouldnt be in the list. He is not, and never has been a fullback. Hes little better than a winger.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Our worst fullbacks are the 2 "young" ones - Nick Youngquest and Luke Young.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes well :grinning:...I thought the hard running, tackle breaks beating his man looked good....haven't seen that for a while. No offence DWZ.
Yes true, Morris was very elusive and more so at fullback with the extra room, DWZ on the other hand isn't.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba Shouldn’t even be on that list lol..!! Was one of the best, could have had an awesome career an he fucked it.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwz is a decent fullback. He brings energy to the team, an up tempo player.

Last season after our last game dwz wasn't in Vegas with most footballers .. he was in the gym. He's very fit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at ppl saying dwz. Late last year he's the messiah and 2 games into this season he's poo. That said I guess it's hard to pick a worst fullback, we haven't really had a bad one. Halves and hookers though...
Some people thought he was the Messiah.... I was not one of them