Our worst halfback, last 25 years?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Continuing with the good and bad theme of the last 25 years.

We have been very stable in our halfback role for the most part. All are treated preciously and are held in high regards. So who was our worst?
Not going to include people who wore the 7 just a couple of time's.
Options are;
1. Craig Polla Mounter
2. Ricky Stuart
3. Darren Tricky Trindall.
4. Ben Sherwin
5. Brett Kimmorley
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Moses Mbye
9. Kieran Foran
10. Lachlan Lewis

if Kieran was fit, it means we literally had 9 players only in 25 years.

I'll rank in order my personal opinion of worst to best.
Please understand they are all mostly decent players

1. Mbye
2. Keating
3. Polla Mounter
4. Trindall
5. Lewis
6. Hodkinson
7. Stuart
8. Foran
9. Kimmorley
10. Sherwin

Stuart was a hard one to rate for me because my memory was foggy, but I'm confident I'm thereabouts. Nasheed.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another nasheed thread trying to get a bite .....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just Talking bro
Occurred to me how low our turnover with sme positions

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're kidding if you have Polly below Lewis, even tricky trindall was far more talented than Lewis.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will be ok as long as Lewis remains in permanent lockdown ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You're kidding if you have Polly below Lewis, even tricky trindall was far more talented than Lewis.
In respect to me, quality goes up sharply from Polly on.

poly was good, but was not great. Just an ensemble piece in a star cast. He just did his job. Was small, has a good step, ok kicking game. Not much else.
That's not a slur, it's a compliment.
Lewis is above because he hits hard in defending more than anyone I've seen in all my years watching halves.
Johns was a bone rattler in defence. And Hokko was surprisingly very up there too. But Lewis is next level.
When he plays we win way more. That is a a fact.

Put Lewis in the Polly team and Lewis offers the same except he puts peopel in hospital in defence. Which psyches out the opposition and directly contributes to why last year and 2018 we never let in more than 2 tries when he played. He makes life easier for the centre and second rower next to him. Nasheed.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trindall was actually the perfect partner for Anasta at the time. He had a great short kicking game and was that X factor outside of Anasta who had the strength and running game and big boot.

funny that trindall kept sherwin out of the team for a season. That’s how good that combo was.

I think Lewis would be in the running with Frawley, Roberts, Holdsworth at the bottom of the barrel. Probably slightly above that list besides Roberts who was rocks or diamonds. But Lewis is slightly ahead of Frawley and holdsworth as the worst in recent times. Even Keating had a bit more spark and speed compared to Lewis who is a one trick pony.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis definately, however he doesn't deserve to be in the list at all as he never ever should have played halfback...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best
1. Kimmorley
2. Polly
3. Hodko

Worst
1. Lewis
2. Lewis
3. Lewis
You get that like because of your worst, was going to be a Twat an hit that beautiful disagree BUTTON and play your game lol, but I decided not to :innocent:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Trindall was actually the perfect partner for Anasta at the time. He had a great short kicking game and was that X factor outside of Anasta who had the strength and running game and big boot.

funny that trindall kept sherwin out of the team for a season. That’s how good that combo was.

I think Lewis would be in the running with Frawley, Roberts, Holdsworth at the bottom of the barrel. Probably slightly above that list besides Roberts who was rocks or diamonds. But Lewis is slightly ahead of Frawley and holdsworth as the worst in recent times. Even Keating had a bit more spark and speed compared to Lewis who is a one trick pony.
I see your cards and raise you on this.

when the salary cap drama hit, who was the only ones to go? Norton and Tricky. Norton wanted to go home and tricky they matched onto a small demeanour to punt him.
Reason? Ben Sherwin was making his mark and they needed to shed Trindall. Then, he gave them a reason the idiot. My point is the club values Sherwin way more.

secondly. Trindall could not pass right. I promise you. Watch old vids. He had to turn his body to replicate a left pass. Watch and be amazed.

also, there's a strong rumour he may be gay and Alan Jones May have been a lover. I have heard fro many sources that Jones has a framed photo of tricky on his desk, at least did for a bit.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

We have been very stable in our halfback role for the most part. All are treated preciously and are held in high regards. So who was our worst?
Options are;
1. Craig Polla Mounter
2. Ricky Stuart
4. Ben Sherwin
5. Brett Kimmorley
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Moses Mbye
9. Kieran Foran
10. Lachlan Lewis

1. Mbye
2. Keating
3. Polla Mounter
4. Trindall
5. Lewis
6. Hodkinson
7. Stuart
8. Foran
9. Kimmorley
10. Sherwin

Stuart was a hard one to rate for me because my memory was foggy, but I'm confident I'm thereabouts. Nasheed.
Where’s Joey Williams

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Options are;
1. Craig Polla Mounter
2. Ricky Stuart
4. Ben Sherwin
5. Brett Kimmorley
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Moses Mbye
9. Kieran Foran
10. Lachlan Lewis

1. Mbye
2. Keating
3. Polla Mounter
4. Trindall
5. Lewis
6. Hodkinson
7. Stuart
8. Foran
9. Kimmorley
10. Sherwin

Was Ben Sherwin as good as he is brother???
Brent Roberts surely must be included too......

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Nasheed Where do you rank Matt Frawley? One of our best surely?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In respect to me, quality goes up sharply from Polly on.

poly was good, but was not great. Just an ensemble piece in a star cast. He just did his job. Was small, has a good step, ok kicking game. Not much else.
That's not a slur, it's a compliment.
Lewis is above because he hits hard in defending more than anyone I've seen in all my years watching halves.
Johns was a bone rattler in defence. And Hokko was surprisingly very up there too. But Lewis is next level.
When he plays we win way more. That is a a fact.

Put Lewis in the Polly team and Lewis offers the same except he puts peopel in hospital in defence. Which psyches out the opposition and directly contributes to why last year and 2018 we never let in more than 2 tries when he played. He makes life easier for the centre and second rower next to him. Nasheed.
Swap Lewis and Polly in that 98 game and we wouldve lost. Lewis would be busy brushing his hair back and putting up worthless bombs in the last 10 mins..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there's a strong rumour he may be gay and Alan Jones May have been a lover. I have heard fro many sources that Jones has a framed photo of tricky on his desk, at least did for a bit

The strongest source being youoboys