Opinion Jake Averillo as much if not more potential than Dylan Brown

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy needs to be kept at 5/8. He’s potentially the best half we have at the club aside from Foran. Partnered by either Wakeham or Cogger take your pic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the Footy is on then it's a no brainer to just go with Averillo/Wakeham...yes they will make mistakes but their ceiling and current skillset is far higher than anyone else we have while the two of them actually compliment each other's game and bring key skills to the side that we lack.

If Pay goes down this route then he has to let them stick to what they're good at and not put so many limitations on them like he has currently done with Wakeham. When Foz is back then we try to find a way to fit all 3 in the 17.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the Footy is on then it's a no brainer to just go with Averillo/Wakeham...yes they will make mistakes but their ceiling and current skillset is far higher than anyone else we have while the two of them actually compliment each other's game and bring key skills to the side that we lack.

If Pay goes down this route then he has to let them stick to what they're good at and not put so many limitations on them like he has currently done with Wakeham. When Foz is back then we try to find a way to fit all 3 in the 17.
Yes it should be a no brainer with Averillo/Wakeham halves pairing but unfortunately I have little faith in Pay’s team selections. Any astute coach wouldn’t have Lewis in the best 17 of our roster albeit an average one at that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dylan Brown is one of the most over rated players in the game at the minute. He had huge wraps and hasn't done much at all yet.

Let's not fall into the same trap with Averillo he has a lot of talent but just let him develop with out a high expectations.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo has class and x factor. I have absolutely no doubt he is the best young talent we have seen for a long time. He 100% belongs in the halves. Lets just hope we have a club and a game left after all this for him to play for.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Averillo at fullback when Foran returns

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Some one to get excited about no doubt... but only 20 odd minutes of NRL really so far. Give him time.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching him forv15 MINS????
Averillo has class and x factor. I have absolutely no doubt he is the best young talent we have seen for a long time. He 100% belongs in the halves. Lets just hope we have a club and a game left after all this for him to play for.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some one to get excited about no doubt... but only 20 odd minutes of NRL really so far. Give him time.
Exactly he needs more time which Pay needs to give him barring comp postponement/cancellation.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo at fullback when Foran returns
I’d rather Foran/AV halves combo. I believe they would compliment each other really well. Nick Meaney should be at fullback now.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy has played all of 15 minutes against a team that got carved up the previous week, let him at least get into the side on a regular basis first. I remember not long ago people were comparing Lachlan Lewis to JT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The guy has played all of 15 minutes against a team that got carved up the previous week, let him at least get into the side on a regular basis first. I remember not long ago people were comparing Lachlan Lewis to JT
Those people were idiots though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A lot of people raving about Averillo? For what? A try saving ankles tackle on Coen Hess?

I remember Frawley being talked up as the next Ricky Stuart, Lichaa the next Benny Elias , Ben Roberts the next Benji Marshall and Damien Cook the next.... actually scrap that last one!

my point is, just hold your horses a bit and see. We have a good halves pairing when we are back in Lewis and Foran and we can see what rises and sinks over the course of the season. Then let's start the hype when we see consistency.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it should be a no brainer with Averillo/Wakeham halves pairing but unfortunately I have little faith in Pay’s team selections. Any astute coach wouldn’t have Lewis in the best 17 of our roster albeit an average one at that.
I'd keep Lewis for his defence. Maybe in the back row or at lock?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ah we've began another cycle . see glimpses and Hype player before here's done anything -> defend quiet performances -> hop off bandwagon -> beg him to be dropped -> call him shit