WORST Bulldogs team 1996-2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have been getting a lot of messages recently in response to the best team of the last 25 years, naturally asking for a worst team option.
So here it is.
This is my only rule.
They must have been playing at least fifty games for the Bulldogs, this can be started before 1996 but would have to have continued last the 1996 barrier (1995-1997 sting for example).
So you can't have two game nuffbags like the Polish guy who got axed his first touch 10 years back and never was seen again. All players (except Lichaa) would therefore have some degree of NRL skill.

1. Sam Perret
2 Hazem El Masri
3. Chase Stanley
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Ben Roberts
7. Moses Mbye
8. Sausauso Sue
9. Michael Lichaa (c)
10. Dean Pay
11. Jarrod Hickey
12. Adam Perry
13. Reni Maitua
COACH: Kevin Moore!
sorry I am struggling to find a bench spot.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We can name you about 10 full squads of our duds lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Brett Howland
Hutch Maiava
Fred Briggs
Joe Williams
That guy that was a model or some shit
Millard

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How many of them played fifty games though!?

that's why I had to mention Adam Perry who wasnt that bad.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I just edited the post to include the coach, which I felt was very important. Kevin Moore.

people say Des but this is the original guy that dropped the ball.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just edited the post to include the coach, which I felt was very important. Kevin Moore.

people say Des but this is the original guy that dropped the ball.
Moore wasn't worse than Pay.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Moore wasn't worse than Pay.
Im glad you disagree.
Gives me a chance to respectfully disagree with you and explain why.

Before Moore, our coaches were Chris Anderson, Gould and Steve Folkes for the 20 years preceding. We had a solid run of always being a premiership winner, grand finalist of just always up there about whilst playing a distinctive brand of footy.

This all changed when Moore took over.

Granted Folkes was approaching his used by date and the SBW situation didn't help things, when Moore took over. We really dropped the ball.

Firstly. He only got the job because he was Bullfrogs uncle or something. So from the get go we know this is nepotism, and not the best man for the job.
It's like in Bankstown when the Lebs charge other lebs 5 bucks for a kebab but then 9 bucks when an Aussie or Riz walks in. Only difference was this was at a corporate multi million dollar level.

All of a sudden we played weird footy like Souths at the time. Losers played for us. Guys so bad that I wish I could have named them in my worst team. But I didn't. We got the spoon (or lucked out because storm were docked, can't remember) and the train wreck that exists till this day started.

On the field, he had no real plan. He was a one trick pony with one set move that usually involved giving it to Bronson Goodwin. Teams figured it out quickly and he had no answers. And was punted.

anyine who follows could literally see his game plan. It was so easy to read.

The only saving grace, was he had the balls to face the community and force El Masri to retire, and made shrewd recruitment decisions Towards the end, which saves him from train wreck status and is pretty commendable as a coach. Recruitment is big.
However, this is blunted a tiny bit because he got lucky that Bennett for some reason told Hannant, Staggs, Eastwood and some other guy to go to the dogs. They all turned out decent. So I don't even know if his strongest point was a lot to do with him?

Its the reason why he's never mentioned in Bulldogs halls.

Pay isn't great but he's doing ok with the squad he has. Can he recruit? This will be his test.
His 12 month clock starts officially ticking now

Attachments

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im glad you disagree.
Gives me a chance to respectfully disagree with you and explain why.

Before Moore, our coaches were Chris Anderson, Gould and Steve Folkes for the 20 years preceding. We had a solid run of always being a premiership winner, grand finalist of just always up there about whilst playing a distinctive brand of footy.

This all changed when Moore took over.

Granted Folkes was approaching his used by date and the SBW situation didn't help things, when Moore took over. We really dropped the ball.

Firstly. He only got the job because he was Bullfrogs uncle or something. So from the get go we know this is nepotism, and not the best man for the job.
It's like in Bankstown when the Lebs charge other lebs 5 bucks for a kebab but then 9 bucks when an Aussie or Riz walks in. Only difference was this was at a corporate multi million dollar level.

All of a sudden we played weird footy like Souths at the time. Losers played for us. Guys so bad that I wish I could have named them in my worst team. But I didn't. We got the spoon (or lucked out because storm were docked, can't remember) and the train wreck that exists till this day started.

On the field, he had no real plan. He was a one trick pony with one set move that usually involved giving it to Bronson Goodwin. Teams figured it out quickly and he had no answers. And was punted.

anyine who follows could literally see his game plan. It was so easy to read.

The only saving grace, was he had the balls to face the community and force El Masri to retire, and made shrewd recruitment decisions Towards the end, which saves him from train wreck status and is pretty commendable as a coach. Recruitment is big.
However, this is blunted a tiny bit because he got lucky that Bennett for some reason told Hannant, Staggs, Eastwood and some other guy to go to the dogs. They all turned out decent. So I don't even know if his strongest point was a lot to do with him?

Its the reason why he's never mentioned in Bulldogs halls.

Pay isn't great but he's doing ok with the squad he has. Can he recruit? This will be his test.
His 12 month clock starts officially ticking now
Thank you for your respectful argument.

I guess you're right about the recruitment aspect. Both are duds and way over their heads but let's see if pay can recruit.

PS fkn lol @ "riz"