Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Stimson is only starting as CHN is suspended.. otherwise he would have had to work hard through Reggie’s to get into first grade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What was Stimson doing in the centres at the scrum anyway?

Who made this decision? Was it Jackson, was it Pays, umm strategy?

If we can't get our scrum formation right we have more problems than what we think.

This is an error not even park footballers would make. Amateurish to say the least.
They usually keep the best defenders out out of the scrum these days and they rarely pack down in the traditional formation. It’s pretty obvious Stimson isn’t a good defender so I’m not sure what he was doing out there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson is only starting as CHN is suspended.. otherwise he would have had to work hard through Reggie’s to get into first grade.
That’s not good enough for mine he didn’t have any injuries in the off season so there’s no excuses for him.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith would have let the same try In because it’s more about the defensive pattern than the player

Furthermore Crichton saves a certain try ( 3 or 4 man overlap ) which you conveniently ignored
And to be fair he ran with purpose and really tried to punch through the defence with his runs, i thought he did well.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s not good enough for mine he didn’t have any injuries in the off season so there’s no excuses for him.
No I agree it’s disappointing definitely but just pointing out he wouldn’t be starting right now if CHN was there. After 2 games he hasn’t exactly grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did you yourself even watch?

We already know you can't competently analyse our games or Pay's coaching!

Just cos he hooks the half, doesn't mean he is competently adjusting and tweaking whats happening on the field.

Scheeesk you're a worry Nat.
Yet again single out my post when others are far, far worse in their derision of Pay. There's a name for boneheads that do that.

Plus...

Yes it could easily be a comment from last game, most games, last couple of years. Pay's responses, and tactics, don't change.

Now every commentator is openly questioning the team and coach. Telling all and sundry we've got nothing.

But you keep niggling on here like a little kid.

If you think fans and supporters of the club are not gonna be complaining, whinging about the coach responsible for the performance of our team out on the field, then you are in the same trance Dean Pay is in.
Did you even watch the game or did you have this saved from last week or last year? He literally hooked the halfback...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What's the answer going forward then Dinkum?
- Walters has said he only wants to coach Queensland - he's desperate to win another Origin series having lost the last two.
- Demetriou has signed a long term extension with Soufs to take over from Bennett from 2022

So they are both out

- Toovey hasn't coached in more than 5 years - and after Des I just don't think we want any more Manly syndrome at Belmore - especially if he's going to give his mates a nice superannuation top-up on the Dogs (Foran, Williams)
- Flanagan cannot head coach until 2022 under his current parole and I'd vote against any Bulldog board that wanted to employ that cheating grub anyway

So England it is!
Ben Anderson is coming through but not sure how good he is and there would be screams of nepotism if he got a gig anyway!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can people stop with the Lewis a great defender line ...5 missed tackle tonight including one that lead to a try

And stop trying to find a spot for him too

FFS he’s not up to it

It’s not his fault because Pay guaranteed him a spot all summer then hooks him midway through round 2

That’s on the coach

All the best for your next team Lewis
Exactly. Lewis is done. He wont get a first grade shot in any position anywhere else, so why the hell should we persist with it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay has already come out saying he has got it right with his halfback Lewis.
It wasnt the plan to hook Lewis but he will learn from it.

Hope so.
Exactly. Lewis is done. He wont get a first grade shot in any position anywhere else, so why the hell should we persist with it

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did you yourself even watch?

We already know you can't competently analyse our games or Pay's coaching!

Just cos he hooks the half, doesn't mean he is competently adjusting and tweaking whats happening on the field.

Scheeesk you're a worry Nat.
Yet again single out my post when others are far, far worse in their derision of Pay. There's a name for boneheads that do that.

Plus...

Yes it could easily be a comment from last game, most games, last couple of years. Pay's responses, and tactics, don't change.

Now every commentator is openly questioning the team and coach. Telling all and sundry we've got nothing.

But you keep niggling on here like a little kid.

If you think fans and supporters of the club are not gonna be complaining, whinging about the coach responsible for the performance of our team out on the field, then you are in the same trance Dean Pay is in.
You have absolutely no idea how to analyse or discuss a game of rugby league.
I’m sorry you got your back up when called out for the stupidity of your comment and were forced to turn personal towards me. This is a discussion forum, expect dumb comments to be questioned

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's like the coach goes into a trance as the players go omyo the field. He is utterly incapable of adjusting the rotations or tactics as the game progresses.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They usually keep the best defenders out out of the scrum these days and they rarely pack down in the traditional formation. It’s pretty obvious Stimson isn’t a good defender so I’m not sure what he was doing out there.
Then Jackson should have been there. Plus Stimson was outside Lewis at centre, not in closer to the scrum like he should have if defenders are not packing down which is ridiculous i think.
This is homework that should have been done in the off-season. Now that teams can choose where they want the scrums to pack most will elect to go in the middle of the field knowing forwards will sit outside the scrum therefore putting speedsters up against them. We got schooled and it was embarrassing to watch.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What's the answer going forward then Dinkum?
We missed a golden opp with Holbrook, former dogs coach, proven record and a former halfback so understands the game better from a coaching standpoint imo. Dunno who we get but Dean needs help now imo