Official Round 2 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay hooked Stimpson and Lewis tonight.

I think hook Pay for the Hook... But we cant afford it!

When did we become the povo club? First time in my life time!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you didn't switch off with Lewis kikcing the ball dead , missing 2 tackles that lead to tries. Yep that makes sense mate.

I would have switched off when wakham kick the ball dead in the first 10 minutes. You did well to last tbh
Yeah I didn't because we were still in the game.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, doesn't matter tbh, just imo he shit himself and dropped the ball like he was SCARED.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can people stop with the Lewis a great defender line ...5 missed tackle tonight including one that lead to a try

And stop trying to find a spot for him too

FFS he’s not up to it

It’s not his fault because Pay guaranteed him a spot all summer then hooks him midway through round 2

That’s on the coach

All the best for your next team Lewis

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is still young and has put some size on now. He will be a keeper for years to come, believe me. The kid is consistent and doesn't have many mistakes in him.
He's not getting pushed back in tackles, once back at FB and develops a passing game he will be very dangerous imo

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem with PAY is...

He has a winger (DWZ) playing fullback.
He has Fullback (Meaney) playing wing.
He has a utility (JMK) playing hooker.
He has another winger (Smith) playing centre.
He has a 5/8 (Averillo) playing utility.
He has halfback (Wakeham) playing 5/8.
He has a genuine hooker (Katoa) playing in CC.

PAY was a forward in his day and that's why most his forward selections are ok but when it comes to backs, he is clueless and that's why we can't score points as no one is playing in their right position... they're all confused!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Problem with PAY is...

He has a winger (DWZ) playing fullback.
He has Fullback (Meaney) playing wing.
He has a utility (JMK) playing hooker.
He has another winger (Smith) playing centre.
He has a 5/8 (Averillo) playing utility.
He has halfback (Wakeham) playing 5/8.
He has a genuine hooker (Katoa) playing in CC.

PAY was a forward in his day and that's why most his forward selections are ok but when it comes to backs, he is clueless and that's why we can't score points as no one is playing in their right position... they're all confused!
To add to that

He has no idea how to roll subs

He plays starts too many plodders in the pack

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis is a natural centre. Had been playing there for two years in reserves. Was to small but now has bulked up. Would strengthen defence out wide and can pass... to smith who isnt a centre's bulldog Meany to his natiral position....full back Dwz wont catch carona....cant catch anything. Put glue on his hands and put him on the wing...where he belonged in the first place. Wakes and Avo good pairing. Deano has some real sleepless nights ahead of him
That would make Lewis the slowest centre in comp if he’s moved there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott, Britt, Hoppa, Crichton, Meaney,Averilo , JJ , Toomaga only ones that can hold head up high

Everyone else disgraced the club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's like the coach goes into a trance as the players go omyo the field. He is utterly incapable of adjusting the rotations or tactics as the game progresses.

We could of won that game. Cowboys were terrible but just hsd to go through the motions.

Everyone, everyone knew that the Dogs have nothing so 2nd gear will get the job done.

Pay has a tough gig with this team but geez it's as obvious as all hell that more could be done to give the team some better options.

With an average team like this, every single coaching trick and tactic must be 100% executed. It's not. It's painful and depressing to watch.

Two words for you Dean Pay

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well let’s be honest here, Dymock should have had a shot before Pay. Sack him now, Chris Anderson takes over for the remaining of this season, then get Wayne Bennett over.
Can't look to the past. The Sharks didn't want Dymock as head coach either.
Can't see Opes coaching - not sure he's got the health to do it.
Bennett has signed for 2 more seasons so doubtful he's available next year.
Who else?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is players and their managers dictate their positions or they threaten to leave.

Smith, DWZ for example.
So true and it's so bloody frustrating, Smith is a very good winger but a dreadful centre, dwz is a very good winger but a average fb.
Ffs we have hoppa and meany who are way better fullbacks then dwz yet there both being played out of position. How dum can a coach be to not see this