Rd 1 Dogs vs Eels 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa- 6 that’s the performance we have been waiting for! Let’s hope it’s a sign of things to come.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
3 - Nappa
2 - Hoppa (gotta send more bombs his way)
1 - Britt

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can I honestly ask why some of most people have picked mr Jackson
He was missing for the first 20 mins when our pack was getting smashed and I’d love to see his hitup count. Maybe I was in a good coma but I thought he was bog average and another reason why I didn’t want him re-signed.

3. napa best game in blue and white easy
2. Jmk 80 mins with limited preseason and no trial.
1. Dwz, if he can work on his handling he’d be massive
Disagree thought JJ was strong, and some good hit ups as well, can’t fault effort of DWZ but he’s got hands like feet, average under the high ball and limited playmaking ability, I’d prefer to develop Meaney at the back and use DWZ on wing or as a centre

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon all our players were really, really good and were unlucky to lose this one.

My picks are:

3. Napa
2. DWZ
1. Hoppa

Special mentions to JJ, Dean Britt, RT, Wakeham and Meaney

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon all our players were really, really good and were unlucky to lose this one.

My picks are:

3. Napa
2. DWZ
1. Hoppa

Special mentions to JJ, Dean Britt, RT, Wakeham and Meaney
Don’t think we were unlucky, they try hard but they’re just not good enough, had plenty of ball in good field position and never looked like scoring

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t think we were unlucky, they try hard but they’re just not good enough, had plenty of ball in good field position and never looked like scoring
Yeh but it takes us a a bit of time to warm up.. I'm glad we seemed to have picked up from where we left off..
I think our attack will improve.. Wakeham wasn't very involved but I think he was a little tentative.. he just needs to grow in confidence which
should come with more time on the field..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree thought JJ was strong, and some good hit ups as well, can’t fault effort of DWZ but he’s got hands like feet, average under the high ball and limited playmaking ability, I’d prefer to develop Meaney at the back and use DWZ on wing or as a centre
The same Meaney that didn’t go looking for the ball or help out his forwards and other back 3 carting out of the danger zone. The same Meaney who dropped 2 bombs and didn’t support any ball carriers?
He was very very very poor tonight and I’d be surprised if he would need to get his jersey washed.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The same Meaney that didn’t go looking for the ball or help out his forwards and other back 3 carting out of the danger zone. The same Meaney who dropped 2 bombs and didn’t support any ball carriers?
He was very very very poor tonight and I’d be surprised if he would need to get his jersey washed.
He wasn’t great tonight but he’s had a hamstring injury and hasn’t played a trial, at the back end of last year he was very good and he’s got more upside than DWZ and most of our other plodders

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I love Meaney as a player but yeah a little quiet tonight.. I wouldn't mind seeing a Meaney DWZ switch, love Dal at the back but we need a strike weapon on the flank, and Nick playing his natural position

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn’t great tonight but he’s had a hamstring injury and hasn’t played a trial, at the back end of last year he was very good and he’s got more upside than DWZ and most of our other plodders
Jmk didn’t have a single trial and busted his nut out in the middle
He looks somewhat frightened honestly

Plz don’t ever put dwz and Meaney in the same sentence again. I’ll beg u. Dwz has more heart in his left nut than Meaney entire body.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jmk didn’t have a single trial and busted his nut out in the middle
He looks somewhat frightened honestly

Plz don’t ever put dwz and Meaney in the same sentence again. I’ll beg u. Dwz has more heart in his left nut than Meaney entire body.
Horsey will be upset

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defended very well as a unit but that's only one part of the game....offensively we offered fuck all so it's hard to single out any noteworthy individual performances.
Moses and Brown offered fuck all as well. It was just one of those games.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3. Napa
2. Hoppa
1. Elliot

I thought the whole team was prettt solid for round one. When you compare the teams, especially the spines, we were more then competitive with a team that will likely be top 4. A horrid bounce led to their only try, and I'm still not convinced the he was outside 10m when lewis fumbled.
Anyway, i expected a massacre after the week they have had. Well done boys.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. We came close a few times, and also had one disallowed. Parts scrambled well, asdis we. It was simply a good ol fashioned arm wrestle.

Status
Not open for further replies.