Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

A

Alexander the Great

What can he say man? He has not got much to work with.

I feel so sorry for Pay.
Pay said in the press conference that both our halves played really well. It's early days I know but the alarms are sounding for me already

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can somone explain Pay's logic of picking Wakeham if the intention was to never let him kick or touch it?

Why pick a defensively vulnerable player like him against a huge team like Parra's if he was only there to tackle?

Why not just pick Cogger or another second rower instead if that was the plan?

Either let Wakeham take control and play his natural game or don't play him at all. Tonight's tactics made no sense whatsoever.

If Lewis dominates the touches like that all season, last years team's woeful attack with an average of 14ppg will seem like The Entertainers by comparison.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I feel so sorry for Pay.
Be honest and say that tried hard but struggled to link well with any of their outside men.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can somone explain Pay's logic of picking Wakeham if the intention was to never let him kick or touch it?

Why pick a defensively vulnerable player like him against a huge team like Parra's if he was only there to tackle?

Either let Wakeham take control and play hia natural game or don't play him at all. Tonight's tactics made no sense whatsoever.
Well pays logic behind his selection was that he was good in the trials and plays what he sees... He couldn't do that tonight as he was always playing off lewis' direction

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Either let Wakeham take control and play hia natural game or don't play him at all. Tonight's tactics made no sense whatsoever.

If Lewis dominates the touches like that all season, last years team with an average of 14ppg will seem like The Entertainers by comparison.
Wakeham will be the first one pay drops and he'll pick cogger in his place.

Then foran will come back and this time he'll drop cogger.

Then foran will put on a few tries until he gets injured again.

Then cogger will ve selected again

As long as pay persists with lewis its going to be a long season

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well pays logic behind his selection was that he was good in the trials and plays what he sees... He couldn't do that tonight as he was always playing off lewis' direction
players talk about "building a game"... Sure Wakeham didn't have the best night out with ball in hand, but it would help if Lachlan gtf out of the way

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly Lewis was instructed to kick it every time. Wakeham had one kick and he forced a drop out.

Every one of Lewis' kicks found the man on the full or posed no threat to the defence. He threw countless short hospital passes and inside ball because he's one of the most predictable and unskillful halves I've seen. And yet he's somehow our domimant playmaker?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You need to have credibility to start with in order to lose it.
I have none

When I have spoken to him in person and watching his interviews he comes across as a bogan/bit simple.

Just like I would say Fergo is a space cadet.
He acts and talks like a space cadet.

How is your count coming along?
I don’t think you quite understand what a bogan is but that’s not your fault and you may not be exposed to them.
I just found this because you didn’t press quote. Ferguson would be lucky to write his name. Count is still smashing the whinger

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Either let Wakeham take control and play his natural game or don't play him at all. Tonight's tactics made no sense whatsoever.

If Lewis dominates the touches like that all season, last years team's woeful attack with an average of 14ppg will seem like The Entertainers by comparison.
Not being rude mate but have you ever played footy?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I feel so sorry for Pay.
I dunno man... do you think Bellyache would have Lewis as his dominant playmaker? do you think Bennett would have bought a hooker but chose a makeshift hooker and a centre in front of him... I am defender of Pay but man... you know what the definition of insanity is

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

To be honest Wakeham defence is better than cogger

A

Alexander the Great

Exposed to many. Northern beaches is full of them.

I won't bother going back and forth with you about Lewis being a below average 7.

If the thumbs down vote counts suggests that lewis is not shit the majority win.

When he takes us to a grand final win I'll be the first to send you a case of beer to celebrate.

I don’t think you quite understand what a bogan is but that’s not your fault and you may not be exposed to them.
I just found this because you didn’t press quote. Count is still smashing the whinger

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not being rude mate but have you ever played footy?
Yes, all the way through til the end of high school. Why? Do my comments strike you as ignorant or from someone who has no idea of how the game is played?

What does that have to do with Lewis touching the ball every play and Tolman taking a 3 metre hitup twice a set for 50 minutes for the end result of 2 points?

Anyone that can't see a problem with that couldn't know much about footy or have played the game properly.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exposed to many. Northern beaches is full of them.

I won't bother going back and forth with you about Lewis being a below average 7.

If the thumbs down vote counts suggests that lewis is not shit the majority win.

When he takes us to a grand final win I'll be the first to send you a case of beer to celebrate.
I definitely understand and some of those self entitled Northern beaches wankers are annoying. I do get the space cadet reference but actually think Lach is one of the more intelligent players around.

We won’t be winning anything with this squad and although everyone should know it I find it amusing that some act like we have the entertainers or 2004 squad that are letting us down

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, all the way through high school. Why? Do my comments strike you as ignorant or from someone who has no idea of how the game is played?

What does this have to do with Lewis touching the ball every play and Tolman taking a 3 metre hitup twice a set for 50 minutes for the end result of 2 points?
Do you remember halves calling for the ball and getting themselves involved?
There wasn’t a lot of line breaks or broken field play tonight that would have suited Wakes but he could’ve involved himself more in attack. I was very happy with his defence though

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If wakeham was given the ball an control on the last the strategy would have changed, yes he is time, probably too much so he just thinks air/hang time.. but it doesn’t work, you know wakeham would try different things an he less predictable.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I definitely understand and some of those self entitled Northern beaches wankers are annoying. I do get the space cadet reference but actually think Lach is one of the more intelligent players around.

We won’t be winning anything with this squad and although everyone should know it I find it amusing that some act like we have the entertainers or 2004 squad that are letting us down
Just passion bro. I know even you and I have come to blows over comments on here but both of us and everyone else on here is just crazy passionate about this club. I like the differing views except when it gets personal and offensive but otherwise its all fun and games and I enjoy everyone's opinions. Don't let people get to you and I'd say the same to anyone else reading this post. We are all here for the same reason. We want the bulldogs to succeed on and off the field so that we once again are the most hated team in the NRL because we are the envy of every other team and supporter.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you remember halves calling for the ball and getting themselves involved?
There wasn’t a lot of line breaks or broken field play tonight that would have suited Wakes but he could’ve involved himself more in attack. I was very happy with his defence though
It was an ugly, sloppy defensive game. We still had numerous opportunities in their 20 and couldn't find a way through with Lewis dominating the attack.

Wakeham getting more involved could have broken the game open but Lewis overcalled Wakeham all night or pushed in front of him down Wakeham's side.

Lewis was marshalling troops around all night like Cooper Cronk but instead he had us on a suicide mission and dead end like Bin Laden.

No doubt Wakeham needs to be more assertive and get more involved but between Pay, Lewis and Wakeham, they have to work out how to find a better balance otherwise we'll have plenty more single digit point totals with Lewis touching it nearly every tackle.