News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Football Manager aka Garry Hughes? Player welfare officer?
Agree. But it won't stop at those two. Expect the club then to get attacked and for there to be sackings also. If anyone honestly thinks that just getting rid of these two will appease the wolves at our door they've got another thing coming.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That is absolutely 100% necessary to take their medicine and responsibility for breaking club rules.
Good. Glad the club is acting quickly. I'd have both players front the media personally to take the spotlight off the club, and onto the idiots who couldn't keep their dicks in their pants ...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if you’d feel differently if it cost you $2m and also after months of work on securing a sponsor. It’s not only a moral judgement but a commercial one too.
Hopefully it’s just delayed and they come back around later in the season.. it sounded like all parties were very excited about it all ..

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
given CHN picked his girl up on tinder I wonder if he knew her actual age or if she lied about it?
Okunbor is just an idiot as he knew she was a school girl!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
that decision by the Rashays group is a direct result of the over reactions shown and public opinion .. so yes i stand by by my statement..

ive had over 24 hours to think about this and the only people that have been hurt by this is the 4/5 people involved in the act.. So as a human being, you tell me, was all this really worth causing suffering and pain for those 4/5 people ??

theres been far worse scandals than this and the NRL and Bulldogs have survived those.. most of the outrage in these situation comes from people who have little or no interest in the game .. or people who have fading interest in the game and are looking for any excuse to dig the boot in.. and theres the moral fredom fighters who are sheep that need to follow popular opinion..

the fact remains that legals acts have been punished to ridiculous extremes and that includes teh girls.. they will have serious mental anguish over the action on both teh bulldogs and nrl ..
Its not about being hurt or breaking laws and never has been.

They were on a club trip, staying the club hotel and conducting club business while they were in Port. They have had it drilled into them time and time again on how to behave.

They get no sympathy form me they wanted to risk everything for a bit of teenage minge on the side and have got caught and in the process dragged the club through the mud.

How many incidents have there been over the last few years from them to learn off? Everyone in the game knows how these things play out in the media so yes they get blamed directly for losing the sponsor.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

They were on a club trip, staying the club hotel and conducting club business while they were in Port. They have had it drilled into them time and time again on how to behave.

They get no sympathy form me they wanted to risk everything for a bit of teenage minge on the side and have got caught and in the process dragged the club through the mud.

How many incidents have there been over the last few years from them to learn off? Everyone in the game knows how these things play out in the media so yes they get blamed directly for losing the sponsor.
im not excusing them and i never have ... the reactions and the end results are over the top and i stand by that

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

when did image become more important than human beings ?

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im not excusing them and i never have ... the reactions and the end results are over the top and i stand by that

Unfortunately outrage culture was always gonna unleash it's full force on our club for any conceivable reason, these 2 dopes provided the reason and the results are there for all to see.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor will get sacked which isn't the end of the world
Might end up in esl

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the problem with doing something like this in the first place. Everyone with a brain with a interest in footy knows the media sensationalise everything and blow it out of proportion.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
that decision by the Rashays group is a direct result of the over reactions shown and public opinion .. so yes i stand by by my statement..

ive had over 24 hours to think about this and the only people that have been hurt by this is the 4/5 people involved in the act.. So as a human being, you tell me, was all this really worth causing suffering and pain for those 4/5 people ??

theres been far worse scandals than this and the NRL and Bulldogs have survived those.. most of the outrage in these situation comes from people who have little or no interest in the game .. or people who have fading interest in the game and are looking for any excuse to dig the boot in.. and theres the moral fredom fighters who are sheep that need to follow popular opinion..

the fact remains that legals acts have been punished to ridiculous extremes and that includes teh girls.. they will have serious mental anguish over the action of both the bulldogs and nrl ..
We'll agree to disagree then. At least one of those girls chose to share their exploits on social media first and that's how the leak started. They are hardly completely innocent and that's part of the problem - this desperate need to 'share' on social media to be cool. It's a disease.
In my view the club had no choice. Nor really did Rashay's. If it were my business I would've done the same. I note they have left the door open to when the heat dies down so we'll see.
Where does it end? If very strong messages are not sent to those who break the rules it's only a matter of time before the next scandal happens. For that, I believe Okunbor at the very least has to be the example and his employment terminated.
I'm not referring to the NRL, other clubs, other incidents etc - we have no control over those and even so, the fact most of those are criminal matters means there's police, courts and other processes that have to work their way through (eg: De Belin, Scott).
Should those blokes be playing? Absolutely not in my view - and that's why I would applaud a strong stance from our club that shows other clubs and perhaps even the NRL need to draw a harder line.
My position does not come from digging the boot in nor popular opinion - it comes from a strong and ongoing interest in the welfare of our club and how we set the standards that everyone else should aspire to.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another thing is look at our record in the last few years you have Mad Monday and Napa incidents.

I don't want to get bogged down in the details of both of those incidents and realise Napa's happened when he wasn't at the club but they were both dumb and it reflected badly on the club.

A sacking might just send these morons a message that there's going to be consequences for doing dumb shit.

We just can't keep having scandals like this happen so regularly.
Napa was slightly different. He capitalised on it. I even think he half embraced the ‘Big Papi’ nickname. I remember people on here using the incident to highlight the disparity between Klemmer and Napa - Napa dominates the women, Klemmer gets dominated by the women.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While their actions are not illegal, the majority of the general public would frown upon their actions. Certainly most parents would. Sure, it takes 2 to tango, bit the onus must be on the adult to make a mature judgement call and realize that this was a very bad idea and said no, especially when they know that it goes against club policy, and is a breach of both our clubs, and the NRLs code of conduct which is stipulated in their contracts that they signed.
If you polled the general publi, the vast majority would consider their actions very inappropriate, regardless of whether it is criminal or not. Call it over reaction if you want, but that doesnt change the facts.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this have happened under Bellamy? Or Bennett?
Pay gives all the impression of being 'one of the blokes'.
His time has come. As has the boardroom's and CEO's. THEY'RE the ones charged with fostering club culture. Not just fu*king talking about one!

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg is a degenerate and hypocrite with no moral compass.

How can one weigh up what has happened in the off season and decide that this (two players having consensual sex with schoolgirls, which one met at a school) be worse than a player (Scott) bashing a police office (bonus points for being a woman).

This incident is in itself TOTALLY INNOCUOUS. If you feel as if this incident was worse than all the other incidents in the nrl off season, then you have a moral compass that contradicts itself (Greenberg).

I urge all Bulldogs Members and Kennel members to stand beside Okunbor and CHN, you may not like what they did (I personally think it will be hilarious in a few years time) but all should support them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just delayed and they come back around later in the season.. it sounded like all parties were very excited about it all ..
Yeah it's possible mate. I note the word 'suspended' was chosen by Rashay's not 'terminated' when referring to the sponsorship discussions.
Possibly once the actual outcome of this is known (ie: if the club take a strong stand on this as I believe they should) - there might be a way forward with the sponsorship...

A

Alexander the Great

Well said..support our boys not throw them under the bus to please the NRL and the public
Todd Greenberg is a degenerate and hypocrite with no moral compass.

How can one weigh up what has happened in the off season and decide that this (two players having consensual sex with schoolgirls, which one met at a school) be worse than a player (Scott) bashing a police office (bonus points for being a woman).

This incident is in itself TOTALLY INNOCUOUS. If you feel as if this incident was worse than all the other incidents in the nrl off season, then you have a moral compass that contradicts itself (Greenberg).

I urge all Bulldogs Members and Kennel members to stand beside Okunbor and CHN, you may not like what they did (I personally think it will be hilarious in a few years time) but all should support them.