Social Media Rashays

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rashay's owner has left the door slightly ajar according to quote of him on SMH

"We know we've made the right decision. I still definitely want to be part of the NRL in the future and maybe even with the Bulldogs when things are a lot better."
Fuck him.

A true friend makes himself known in times of need.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck him.

But surely you can understand it a family restaurant cant be associated with this type of thing,these guys would have to be totally thick to do this especially okunbor

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But surely you can understand it a family restaurant cant be associated with this type of thing,these guys would have to be totally thick to do this especially okunbor
There are other ways they could’ve handled this if they really gave a fuck.
They could’ve sat on the announcement, for a couple of weeks until we knew the whole story and the punishment.
They could’ve come out in support of the clubs swift action that reflects their own values.
Instead they chose the easy route and kicked us while we are down.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They could’ve sat on the announcement, for a couple of weeks until we knew the whole story and the punishment.
They could’ve come out in support of the clubs swift action that reflects their own values.
Mate i get your sentiment but that would never happen,i dont blame rashays they have to protect their brand ,whatever way you look at it our players involved are fully responsible

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost reads like if the club was to punt the 2 players the deal would be back on

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck him.

A true friend is also the one who is prepared to tell you to your face that something is wrong.

The Rashays bloke was actually very complimentary of the club, the NRL, and he hinted that maybe down the track something might still happen. This is one of those lose lose situations. No one is a winner here, but at this very moment a lot of people are angry/upset/disappointed that the two players broke the rules in the way they did. Rashays have done about as good as they could in this situation, which they didn't ask for. Rejecting them for that is childish.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually they could have said absolutely nothing, that would have been a lot easier. It also would have let the speculations have completely free rein. Instead they went on record, and if you actually read the detail of what they have said, it is more than fair given the context and given they did nothing to bring about this problem in the first place.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rashay's owner has left the door slightly ajar according to quote of him on SMH

"We know we've made the right decision. I still definitely want to be part of the NRL in the future and maybe even with the Bulldogs when things are a lot better."
I wonder what he has to say about his tigers having a criminal in the ranks and he didn't go on the record about pulling the plug on the tigers early on in the Reynolds incident before the facts came about.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder what he has to say about his tigers having a criminal in the ranks and he didn't go on the record about pulling the plug on the tigers early on in the Reynolds incident before the facts came about.
I'm not sure there is any point to replying to you about this, as the facts have already been pointed out but you seem to be allergic to them. When Packer joined the Tigers he had done his time, was on the record as remorseful, and had worked hard to turn things around. There is no valid correlation between the Packer/Tigers case and the case that has hit our club in the last few days. In time there might be, depending on disciplinary measures and the response of the players involved.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is any point to replying to you about this, as the facts have already been pointed out but you seem to be allergic to them. When Packer joined the Tigers he had done his time, was on the record as remorseful, and had worked hard to turn things around. There is no valid correlation between the Packer/Tigers case and the case that has hit our club in the last few days. In time there might be, depending on disciplinary measures and the response of the players involved.
Ok my apologies Pscycho Doggie. I guess your right. At least Packer seems to have cleaned up his act and I hope our two players do the same for the sake of our fans and for themselves.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok my apologies Pscycho Doggie. I guess your right. At least Packer seems to have cleaned up his act and I hope our two players do the same for the sake of our fans and for themselves.
For the record, I don't like what Packer did, and I feel the punishment was light. But the system operates this way, and it is reasonably consistent in terms of "time served + remorse shown = you get to be treated ok again". Given how many times humans mess up in deliriously stupid ways it is probably a practical system, otherwise half the population would be incarcerated or banned from normal life.

Unfortunately for our players they've transgressed in a way that is really super socially-sensitive right now, kinda like if they were caught doing some man-on-man action in the 1950s. Having said that, they still need a way back, and that is something the club and NRL need to figure out.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2 grand finals always in top 8, major sponsors, feared and respected club, successful leagues club, tell me genius what did I miss? have you been living in a cave this past few years? Or are you one of those really smart people that believe the club was in such a real mess and that’s why our board are incompetent
Don’t let two grand finals blur what was happening behind the scenes.our juniors were a rabble and our board and coach let our salary cap become a joke all to chase a premiership? Look at the players we had to let go because if two gran finals and the top 8 please we were never a threat to win a premiership apart from 2012 and that was on the back of Ben Barba

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A friend of mine has told me that he thinks Rashays were looking for an excuse to get out. They have copped a major financial blow ever since the Corona virus came out, and we're looking for something, and this is it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you think a presser would help.

Not your typical free for all shambles but a select few journos from each media outlet, asking reasonable questions and the players explaining and publicly apologising to the club etc?
For the record, I don't like what Packer did, and I feel the punishment was light. But the system operates this way, and it is reasonably consistent in terms of "time served + remorse shown = you get to be treated ok again". Given how many times humans mess up in deliriously stupid ways it is probably a practical system, otherwise half the population would be incarcerated or banned from normal life.

Unfortunately for our players they've transgressed in a way that is really super socially-sensitive right now, kinda like if they were caught doing some man-on-man action in the 1950s. Having said that, they still need a way back, and that is something the club and NRL need to figure out.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you think a presser would help.

Not your typical free for all shambles but a select few journos from each media outlet, asking reasonable questions and the players explaining and publicly apologising to the club etc?
Its a good question, I don't know enough about media and publicity to give a decent answer. In theory it should be a positive, but that assumes that the humans out there listening are reasonable people who make an effort to know the facts. In the real world we know that doesn't happen. I'm not drawing any comparison here to the situation with our players, rather in regards the wider subject of good management of media appearances, but didn't Prince Philips media advisor quit because Phil decided to do an interview against his advice, and the interview totes backfired?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Prince Andrew?

Yes that certainly backfired.

I do think they should front up and apologise. Even if in the CB Boardroom with Zap and released from there.
Its a good question, I don't know enough about media and publicity to give a decent answer. In theory it should be a positive, but that assumes that the humans out there listening are reasonable people who make an effort to know the facts. In the real world we know that doesn't happen. I'm not drawing any comparison here to the situation with our players, rather in regards the wider subject of good management of media appearances, but didn't Prince Philips media advisor quit because Phil decided to do an interview against his advice, and the interview totes backfired?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prince Andrew?

Yes that certainly backfired.

I do think they should front up and apologise. Even if in the CB Boardroom with Zap and released from there.
Yeah, Andy, that's the muppet. They all look the same to me.