Boxing The Boxing Thread

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least people are talking about boxing we need to try to capture the youth market back from MMA.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caught the Jason Maloney fight today, looks good.

Didn't see his twins fight but I heard it was tight.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Caught the Jason Maloney fight today, looks good.

Didn't see his twins fight but I heard it was tight.
They are both quite promising. Tough fights. Can’t wait till there is a little more to watch. This could have been Tim Tszyus year but covid put a bit of a holt to it.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both quite promising. Tough fights. Can’t wait till there is a little more to watch. This could have been Tim Tszyus year but covid put a bit of a holt to it.
I went and watched a Tim Tszyu trained by his dad fight when he was a young kid.

My dad was screaming abuse at the massive crowd favourite and needless to say was unhappy with Tszyu winning.

It was like everyone at the fight was saying don't make eye contact, classic, never to be forgotten by me.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I went and watched a Tim Tszyu trained by his dad fight when he was a young kid.

My dad was screaming abuse at the massive crowd favourite and needless to say was unhappy with Tszyu winning.

It was like everyone at the fight was saying don't make eye contact, classic, never to be forgotten by me.
Why was that mate? Kostya was an Aussie icon

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just my dad, when I was playing soccer as a kid he would start cheering for the opposition if we were losing.

Plus he was an old boxer and trainer, I think he was a little punch drunk.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to boxing over the last few years, just on and off. Anyway, how the hell had I not come across Vasyl Lomachenko. Guy is a beast! His footwork, angles, speed are phenomenal. This is a good short doco I watched the other day. Worth the watch.

(Also this guy makes good sporting docos so check out his channel on YouTube if you enjoy that kind of thing)

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't really been paying a lot of attention to boxing over the last few years, just on and off. Anyway, how the hell had I not come across Vasyl Lomachenko. Guy is a beast! His footwork, angles, speed are phenomenal. This is a good short doco I watched the other day. Worth the watch.

(Also this guy makes good sporting docos so check out his channel on YouTube if you enjoy that kind of thing)

yeh he is a beast insane foot work and knows how to use that to his advantage setting up good angels

his dad made him quit boxing for a period of time so he can focus on dancing which is where he got his footwork from.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

His division is absolutely stacked right now too so there is a host of possible big fights for him that will be huge tests, Lopez, Haney, Davis and to a lesser etc Garcia & Kambosos Jr.. to name a few..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeh he is a beast insane foot work and knows how to use that to his advantage setting up good angels

his dad made him quit boxing for a period of time so he can focus on dancing which is where he got his footwork from.
Yeah they talked about his dad making him do traditional Russian dancing in the doco. His old man seems like a pretty switched on bloke with all the training and cross training he had him doing. Even working on mind and memory skills. It's like he's laying out the blueprint to create the ultimate boxer.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
His division is absolutely stacked right now too so there is a host of possible big fights for him that will be huge tests, Lopez, Haney, Davis and to a lesser etc Garcia & Kambosos Jr.. to name a few..
I'll take your word for it as I am lacking in the knowledge of a lot of fighters/divisions these days as I haven't followed boxing as close as I used to do a few years back. I will though make sure to keep an eye on Loma from now.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take your word for it as I am lacking in the knowledge of a lot of fighters/divisions these days as I haven't followed boxing as close as I used to do a few years back. I will though make sure to keep an eye on Loma though.
George Kambosos Jr he’s an Aussie boxer doing well at the moment. Devin Haney is probably my pick of them. Enjoy mate.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are we on in Wednesday nights battle, Horn or Tszyu?? Not sure who I’d rather, I’m leaning toward Tszyu as he’s a New South Welshman.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who are we on in Wednesday nights battle, Horn or Tszyu?? Not sure who I’d rather, I’m leaning toward Tszyu as he’s a New South Welshman.
I'm picking Tszyu. It will be a tough fight but Tszyu has got the skills to do it.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say. Leaning towards Horn now, bloke loves a scrap. Depends how fight plays out I guess. Can’t see Tszyu knocking him out

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to say. Leaning towards Horn now, bloke loves a scrap. Depends how fight plays out I guess. Can’t see Tszyu knocking him out
Agree but he might get a stoppage cut. Horns eyes are pretty thrashed. Just depends if Timmy can deal with the smothering tactics of a bigger guy.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree but he might get a stoppage cut. Horns eyes are pretty thrashed. Just depends if Timmy can deal with the smothering tactics of a bigger guy.
That’s true. Be a good matchup to see. Both have such different strengths and techniques. First time Tim’s been on a big stage. Very interesting to see how he goes. Seems like Jeff’s a tougher fighter and Tszyu more skilful. Could be wrong