Boxing The Boxing Thread

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fight today was over the top with 30 minute entry then American Pie, deserved to win but stopped too early.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Fight today was over the top with 30 minute entry then American Pie, deserved to win but stopped too early.
Dont think it was stopped too early at all. Fury was picking him apart with ease. He could have done serious long term damage to Wilder if it continued any further. Smart by his team to throw in the towel

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think it was stopped too early at all. Fury was picking him apart with ease. He could have done serious long term damage to Wilder if it continued any further. Smart by his team to throw in the towel
Thought the ref stopped it didn't see towel.

Never thought the fight would start, major carry on.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There were a few times Widler looked like he was in and out of consciousness... unfortunately it had to be stopped for health reasons.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What fight were you watching? Wilder got destroyed. He's lucky the fight got stopped when it did. If anything it was too late.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Would rather see them stopped too early rather than too late TBH.
Everybody loves a good knockout but when blokes are getting beaten to shit there isn't much point in holding out that maybe they'll jag a miracle punch that will get them back in the fight.
Some of the UFC ones where blokes are just standing hamburger mince, get blasted 6 or 7 times and knocked out before copping another 2 or 3 haymakers to the head whilst they are unconscious are way over the top IMO. No wonder scumbags on the streets still continue to beat the shit outta someone they have already defeated, and start laying the boot into their head when they are well and truly rooted and unconscious on the pavement.
Wilder's camp looked after their fighters' health, they obviously care about him. It was a good stoppage by them.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wilder got EXPOSED, I've always said he can't box! he isn't a boxer, he just has a right powerful hand that drops people.

This time, that couldn't save him and Fury gave him a perfect master class lesson in boxing.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wilder got EXPOSED, I've always said he can't box! he isn't a boxer, he just has a right powerful hand that drops people.

This time, that couldn't save him and Fury gave him a perfect master class lesson in boxing.
The hard part for him is he’s knocked out 41 guys with that same style and never really mixes things up. Even Fury he nearly slept last time so in his head and probably even his team would have built their game plan around that heavy right hand. I don’t know at this stage in his career if he’s good to come back with anything different.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the Grand Finale

Lets hope this isn't boxing trying to keep up with MMA in future.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And the Grand Finale

Lets hope this isn't boxing trying to keep up with MMA in future.
all for show and people get their money worth, whether you enjoy it or not is a different story.

I'd hate to pay for $1,000s for seats, boring pre and post fight entertainment to only get knocked out within 60 secs if you knwo what i mean

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some people travel far and near, plane ticket cost, accomodation etc. A lot of money, for fans to watch fighters fight.

GUess its kinda the same for footy as well, but tickets are much more cheaper than American sports

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all for show and people get their money worth, whether you enjoy it or not is a different story.

I'd hate to pay for $1,000s for seats, boring pre and post fight entertainment to only get knocked out within 60 secs if you knwo what i mean
I'd be pissed off having to pay $1,000 to start off with then a first round knockout would be the icing on the cake so yes I know what you mean.

Must be old fashioned I guess but I expect this from Wrestling but the great sport of boxing.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be pissed off having to pay $1,000 to start off with then a first round knockout would be the icing on the cake so yes I know what you mean.

Must be old fashioned I guess but I expect this from Wrestling but the great sport of boxing.
I see your point. If you have ever watched a live NBA, NFL or even their Hockey, its pretty amazing even regular season games compared to us, we are light years away.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see your point. If you have ever watched a live NBA, NFL or even their Hockey, its pretty amazing even regular season games compared to us, we are light years away.
I remember being opposed to the national anthem being played before a footy match for one season a while ago, I said at the time save it for an international.