Total dead = 1,873

Total recovered = 12,677

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is this still a thing, or they onto the next doom/end of mankind crap?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this still a thing, or they onto the next doom/end of mankind crap?
I never heard a thing about it outside of TK lol I guess when the floods came they realised they couldn't complain about their futures being on fire so Corona took the spotlight

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never heard a thing about it outside of TK lol I guess when the floods came they realised they couldn't complain about their futures being on fire so Corona took the spotlight
It's still pretty heavily in the news. These articles are all from today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/world/asia/china-coronavirus.amp.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51540981

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-coronavirus-hit-cruise-ship-diamond-princess

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020...er-sophie-scott-analysis/11965922?pfmredir=sm

Those are just a few of the many articles posted on it today.

It's important to point out that it's not a major issue yet. The current death rate is 2.3%, which could go up or down in the next few weeks as most people carry the disease for months. But that's not much. The seasonal flu kills more people.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's still pretty heavily in the news. These articles are all from today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/world/asia/china-coronavirus.amp.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51540981

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-coronavirus-hit-cruise-ship-diamond-princess

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020...er-sophie-scott-analysis/11965922?pfmredir=sm

Those are just a few of the many articles posted on it today.

It's important to point out that it's not a major issue yet. The current death rate is 2.3%, which could go up or down in the next few weeks as most people carry the disease for months. But that's not much. The seasonal flu kills more people.

you're wasting your time :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
That cruise ship will have to be scrapped, make the Chinese buy it.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The media are dragging this out as much as possible.

If they stop reporting on Coronavirus, they don't have much else to take it's place. Bush fires are largely over until the royal commission starts (and even then I'm not sure it will get many clicks).

U.S Preidential election wont really start getting interesting until closer to June or July.

Israel Folau has been done to death.

Nothing left.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That cruise ship will have to be scrapped, make the Chinese buy it.
My guess is that they'll just burn every mattress and pillow from infected rooms and heavily disinfect every surface before getting back to business as usual. It might take a few months to sort it out. But there is too much money to be made for them to throw away an investment that would be worth billions.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Current counts:

Total confirmed infections = 73,325

Total dead = 1,873

Total recovered = 12,677
Aren't some cases either completely asymptomatic or causing only mild symptoms? So the infection and recovery rate could be much higher than estimated too..... and some deaths caused by Coronavirus may have been attributed to other ongoing health complications......so many unknowns!

I read also that China has a high smoking rate (something like 22 per cent of adults and over 50 per cent of adult men) and that may also be contributing to the number of fatalities. I guess with hand hygeine being a major issue, the physical act of smoking could increase infection risk too...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aren't some cases either completely asymptomatic or causing only mild symptoms? So the infection and recovery rate could be much higher than estimated too..... and some deaths caused by Coronavirus may have been attributed to other ongoing health complications......so many unknowns!

I read also that China has a high smoking rate (something like 22 per cent of adults and over 50 per cent of adult men) and that may also be contributing to the number of fatalities. I guess with hand hygeine being a major issue, the physical act of smoking could increase infection risk too...
Yeah, there's a lot of variables that are hard to account for. Some people are carrying it for up to a month without symptoms. This means that figures will always be inaccurate and it also means that it can spread easier than a standard cold or flu.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Current figures as of today:

Total confirmed infected = 75,725 (2,400 new cases in the last 2 days)

Total dead = 2,128 (255 dead in last 2 days)

Total recovered = 16,353 (3,676 recovered in last 2 days)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Current figures as of today:

Total confirmed infected = 75,725 (2,400 new cases in the last 2 days)

Total dead = 2,128 (255 dead in last 2 days)

Total recovered = 16,353 (3,676 recovered in last 2 days)
Which bullshitters figures are they, the MSM or China?

Both are known as lying scumbags.

PS looks like you're following closely, any deaths outside China/Asia?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Funny you mention smoking, some "outlets" are suggesting nicotine is a preventative.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention smoking, some "outlets" are suggesting nicotine is a preventative.
I miss smoking 50 days till I land in Tokyo clear immigration hit a 7/11 pay $4 for a deck of charcoal filtered 7 stars $2 500ml suntory highball can hit Tsukiji fish market get Alaskan king crab ,there's a butcher there that cooks Wagyu also. And enjoy the sweet sweet after meal smoke

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Makes sense if you jab your brain through the nose with a pencil and think about it...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which bullshitters figures are they, the MSM or China?

Both are known as lying scumbags.

PS looks like you're following closely, any deaths outside China/Asia?
It's from John's Hopkins University working with the World Health Organisation.

Outside of China the deaths are:

Diamond Princess Cruise - 2 deaths

Hong Kong - 2 deaths

Iran - 2 deaths (side note, only 2 people infected in Iran. Both died)

Japan - 1 death

Taiwan - 1 death

France - 1 death

Philippines - 1 death

Status
Not open for further replies.