Luke Thompson Progress Report

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A review of St Helens next game.

Hull FC vs St Helens

OL: The game of the weekend. It is a real shame that is has not been selected for TV coverage. The Black and Whites have been the best side so far this season. Saints, however, looked depleted against Warrington with all their injury troubles. I think they will come unstuck again at the KCOM Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Hull FC to win their third in a row.
WH: This is a tough one to call. Hull FC have looked good in their first two games, however, Manu Ma’u is set to miss out due to injury and Chris Satae has been given a three-match ban by the Match Review Panel. St Helens struggled against Warrington, but I expect this to be a closer game.
Prediction: Hull FC win.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you watch it? For a prop he sure does get a few tries!
No I didn’t see it I only saw the picture on Twitter. The Super League is a bit in the Stone Age in terms of coverage I think they only show half the games on TV! Hopefully some highlights will show up today.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you watch it? For a prop he sure does get a few tries!
Don't look too much into it.

Before joining the Dogs, James Graham had a try every ~4 games (I think he scored something like 50 in 200 games). That is a very decent strike rate for a prop. Obviously, that same try-scoring prowess was left behind in England, cause I can only imagine him getting barely 10 tries with us. Albeit, they are 2 different types of players - but still...

It's just the state of the Super League compared to the NRL.

I mean.. Bevan French has gone over there and is KILLING it. That should say enough. It's a different league

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't look too much into it.

Before joining the Dogs, James Graham had a try every ~4 games (I think he scored something like 50 in 200 games). That is a very decent strike rate for a prop. Obviously, that same try-scoring prowess was left behind in England, cause I can only imagine him getting barely 10 tries with us. Albeit, they are 2 different types of players - but still...

It's just the state of the Super League compared to the NRL.

I mean.. Bevan French has gone over there and is KILLING it. That should say enough. It's a different league
Always thought we should've bought French ... just the player we need right now ;)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the highlights the Thompson try isn't very impressive he just picks up a dropped ball from a kick and dives on it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just love that Cash Converters is their sponsor lol is that the Penrith of England?

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I didn’t see it I only saw the picture on Twitter. The Super League is a bit in the Stone Age in terms of coverage I think they only show half the games on TV! Hopefully some highlights will show up today.
Steve Mascord posted on Reddit yesterday that he and Jimmy Smith just bought Super League online broadcast rights for Aus. Hopefully we'll see more of him running around soon.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here is the highlights the Thompson try isn't very impressive he just picks up a dropped ball from a kick and dives on it.
It’s impressive that he’s always there. Not the first time he’s tried from a dropped kick. He positions himself well everytime just incase something like that happens. Can’t wait to see him play for us

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mascord posted on Reddit yesterday that he and Jimmy Smith just bought Super League online broadcast rights for Aus. Hopefully we'll see more of him running around soon.
That's where I been watching the games good stream just no commentary as of yet

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always thought we should've bought French ... just the player we need right now ;)
Always rated French and thought he had plenty to give if in the right team and in the right mood. Lightweight though plenty of skill and speed to burn. Haven't tracked him for a while though I think that ship has sailed even though his still pretty young.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A review of St Helens next game.

Hull FC vs St Helens

OL: The game of the weekend. It is a real shame that is has not been selected for TV coverage. The Black and Whites have been the best side so far this season. Saints, however, looked depleted against Warrington with all their injury troubles. I think they will come unstuck again at the KCOM Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Hull FC to win their third in a row.
WH: This is a tough one to call. Hull FC have looked good in their first two games, however, Manu Ma’u is set to miss out due to injury and Chris Satae has been given a three-match ban by the Match Review Panel. St Helens struggled against Warrington, but I expect this to be a closer game.
Prediction: Hull FC win.
Andre Savilio let go by the broncos has been absolutely tearing up the super league... Kid never got a shot in the NRL due to injuries but he is one very talented backrower, whether he would go good in the NRL is another story but keep an eye on the guy with a step that would shock any defence line.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me the Murdoch press. Thank God for Rupert I say. The only global communications group that doesnt buy into the "climate emergency" wealth redistribution crap.
I expect this from you glendoggies