News Adam Elliott backs young Bulldogs Jake Averillo and Renouf To’omaga to have breakout 2020 seasons

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me, you really love to give it to this guy dont you. Do you all honestly think that he goes searching for reporters just to talk? It's obvious the club recognizes hi as a good representative of the club, and make him do these interviews. But sure, kick him in the guts all the same.
Yep i honestly think he himself goes out searching for the attention from the media.

From the clubs stature position the logical choices would be Jackson, tolman, and hoppa. Not dudiot. The guys clearly elevated himself by being a yes man

So I'll stop when he either starts performing in justice of his status or he fucks off from the club

Last edited:

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol if it was any person other than Elliot making these comments the Kennel would be in a circle jerk
Agree...still plenty of soggy sao's from the anti-Elliot circle jerk unfortunately

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You obviously don’t watch the games. Hoppa practically had involvement in every single one of our tries scored last season. He is the only player that can contest a bomb and score, the only player that can consistently provide assists, the only player that has footy brains and can break the defensive plays and has been doing this for every season he has been at the dogs. I think you need to watch some highlights and focus on Hoppa- he is one of our most valuable player by far.
Well said! I Totally agree!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Averillo seems like he could be very good

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its good to be talking footy again and the squabbles starting again.

Am I the only Dogs supporter who thinks not wanting to play for your team on Sundays, watching the game on Sundays or playing for your team in a grand final is Bullshit? I'm like an elephant I never forget.

Don' start blaming other players for his talent.

I seem once again to be on my own here with wanting Hoppa gone.

I better not start on JMK, not only will I be accused of not watching games but I might be accused of treason when in fact the only person who committed treason was Hoppa.
I wanted him gone when he was elevating his religion over commitment to the club. If you don't want to work or train on Sundays, you shouldn't be in a career where you get paid ridiculous money to work and train on Sundays. I too saw it as akin to treason. But it's been a long while since he gave that up. I'm not Hoppas biggest fan. But on a poor day for him he's solid. On a good day he provides plenty of spark, a selfless passing game that can put a team mate into space, quality defence and the versatility to cover anywhere from 1-5 if the need arises. To me that all stacks up to him being pretty good value for us. Makes no sense to move him on unless we have someone that offers better value available.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't rate Okunbur. The guy really makes me nervous as he has bad defensive reads and seems to screw up most attacking opportunities.
I know he's got some glaring deficiencies in his game. I think that he had improved on them before his last few runs in the NRL for us and I'm hopeful that he can meet the requirements to be solid defensively and with kick reception. And if he's not able to have them sorted out prior to round 1 I hope someone else with an all round stronger game starts ahead of him. But if he sorts out his defence and security under the high ball, he could become a bit of a monster winger. It's up to him to do the work though. I haven't written him off though. There are some quality players in the game who've overcome bigger deficiencies. He's young enough in my opinion to justify more time developing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know he's got some glaring deficiencies in his game. I think that he had improved on them before his last few runs in the NRL for us and I'm hopeful that he can meet the requirements to be solid defensively and with kick reception. And if he's not able to have them sorted out prior to round 1 I hope someone else with an all round stronger game starts ahead of him. But if he sorts out his defence and security under the high ball, he could become a bit of a monster winger. It's up to him to do the work though. I haven't written him off though. There are some quality players in the game who've overcome bigger deficiencies. He's young enough in my opinion to justify more time developing.
I won’t rainbow you mate :-) but optimistic perhaps that he can sort these glaring deficiencies in the next 3 weeks? I’m just not seeing the required quality at all and we can’t afford him to be an easy target to leak points early in the season. For me, if he’s going to make it at all, it’s CCup where he lives to sort those things, not first grade.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I won’t rainbow you mate :-) but optimistic perhaps that he can sort these glaring deficiencies in the next 3 weeks? I’m just not seeing the required quality at all and we can’t afford him to be an easy target to leak points early in the season. For me, if he’s going to make it at all, it’s CCup where he lives to sort those things, not first grade.
It’s frustrating as he has the build and strength/paste of a new age winger and can act as an extra forward especially starting our sets

Unfortunately he looks a little gun shy/down on confidence in hitting the ball up and his defensive reads/footy IQ need to improve

I’m not writing him off at all but just needs ample improvement

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rate him but he’s still very raw and will need to work on parts of his game to become a solid first grader. If he excels at them he’d be a great player
I think he needs to start the year in nsw cup and should be moved to the forwards. It is clear as day that he is not a winger.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not calling for him to start the season in the NRL. The coaching staff are there to make these calls. But I think he's still a decent bit of clay to work with. He's contracted for next year too from memory. So it's up to him and his coaches to do the work required in that time frame. I think that the club recognise that our backline depth needed bolstering by looking at the number of backs in our development contracts. Going off an interview he did, it's only his second year as a winger this year, so I hope he develops in the role. If not I have no issues with the club moving him on if he doesn't sort out the flaws.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spot on. Did you see just on half time his snatch and grab on Sivo. If Wakeham wasn’t there around the legs it could’ve gone differently. Jayden still makes me nervous...
I don’t believe he is a first grader, doesn’t use his size in attack and terrible in defence. If he had his hair cut at least he would look like a footballer.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okkunbur ticks the box for size, height & speed. Takes the high ball reasonably well and good at carting it off our own line. Terrible at reading defense. Given our offensive capabilities we cant afford to carry someone who lets in simple try's. I believe they will start him for a few games but I cant see him staying in 1st grade if his defense doesn't improve.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor cant read the play and too slow to cover its simple as that.
Not first grade material in my opinion.
We cant afford a weak link in the chain with our inexperienced players in our team.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted him gone when he was elevating his religion over commitment to the club. If you don't want to work or train on Sundays, you shouldn't be in a career where you get paid ridiculous money to work and train on Sundays. I too saw it as akin to treason. But it's been a long while since he gave that up. I'm not Hoppas biggest fan. But on a poor day for him he's solid. On a good day he provides plenty of spark, a selfless passing game that can put a team mate into space, quality defence and the versatility to cover anywhere from 1-5 if the need arises. To me that all stacks up to him being pretty good value for us. Makes no sense to move him on unless we have someone that offers better value available.
I'll leave him be but we must acknowledge if we only get 4 tries from our number one centre history has shown there's little chance of making the semis.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is Elliot to rate blokes this guy should focus on mistake free footy plus giving no penalties away

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meanest and okunbour will do me on the wings

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t really matter who Elliot backs to have break out seasons lol, I think a lot will, or won’t haha!! but Harper will and wakeham if he is given his chance also, and a few others may. it’s still an interesting concept..!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it a tad premature to be completely writing off Okonbur on a couple of Nines games?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Isn’t it a tad premature to be completely writing off Okonbur on a couple of Nines games?
No, but the 9s defenitely highlighted a few problem areas in his game. I still don't think he has much of a clue of how to play on the wing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, but the 9s defenitely highlighted a few problem areas in his game. I still don't think he has much of a clue of how to play on the wing.
Think he’s paying the price for being played in so many different positions during his development. The problem is we are skinny on the wings and even more so if Reimis is playing centre. Averillo isn’t a winger and I’d take Okunbor over Crichton. I’d say it’s more then likely Okunbor is starting Round 1 hopefully he has a good couple of trials and goes into it confident.