Smith playing one in..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's just say that abusing other members and demanding their addresses so he can "abuse" them... That's a big breach of the rules.

Honestly, I was also kind of curious to see where it went but let's face it. The only way that could go is down.
Haha I’d happily give him mine but would have to make sure the bar was stocked and my dogs were clipped so they didn’t look like randy sheep haha

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like the decision by pay to move reimis Smith from the wing into the centres is looking quite stupid now. okunbor looked very weak defensively in the nines, and Meaney is still new with playing on the wing. These two literally have no competition for the wing spots now that reimis is a centre. Meanwhile there is too much competition for centre spots - With potential players like Morgan Harper and averillo looking like they are developing well. Why move reimis to the centre when averillo or Harper at centre > okunbor and Meaney on the wing + reimis at centre for the team?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel like the decision by pay to move reimis Smith from the wing into the centres is looking quite stupid now. okunbor looked very weak defensively in the nines, and Meaney is still new with playing on the wing. These two literally have no competition for the wing spots now that reimis is a centre. Meanwhile there is too much competition for centre spots - With potential players like Morgan Harper and averillo looking like they are developing well. Why move reimis to the wing when averillo or Harper at centre > okunbor and Meaney on the wing + reimis at centre for the team?
Because Pay will pretty much pick our 17 most experienced players and find spots for them.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember okunbour was untested last year, and reimis only had 3 games under his belt from memory.so last year was very much a wait and see in regards to their development.
I'm really looking forward to watching okunbour develop. I wonder if they will pair him with rain is or move meaney to the other side?...
Okunbor is pathetic in defence....always comes off his wing and leaves his winger unmarked and is too slow to clean up kicks....honestly he is a liability in our team....this year is make or break for him

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcelo was the same ...
Okunbor is pathetic in defence....always comes off his wing and leaves his winger unmarked and is too slow to clean up kicks....honestly he is a liability in our team....this year is make or break for him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd argue that the first fews games are make or break for him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s if he makes the team.
Based on what I’ve seen so far he wouldn’t be picked in Round 1.
Needs a lot of polish...
Most people say that. Who'd you have as the wingers if Remis is at centre like everyone thinks?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Most people say that. Who'd you have as the wingers if Remis is at centre like everyone thinks?
Yeah that’s the issue.
I’d be keeping Reimis where he is:
DWZ / Reimis / Harper / Hoppa / Meaney
However if Reimis is in the centres Jayden probably gets a start unless there’s some other planned shuffle we can’t yet see, but probably unlikely.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand moving Reimis from the wing and weakening one of our greatest strengths and combos with Hoppa...

Reimis is one of the best finishers and wingers in the comp and doesn't look to me like a natural centre. The few times he's played there he hasn't looked comfortable.

I thought Harper was impressive when given the chance last year, especially when he dominated a highly touted player like Staggs against Brisbane.. He should be picked in the centres in my opinion..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand moving Reimis from the wing and weakening one of our greatest strengths and combos with Hoppa...

Reimis is one of the best finishers and wingers in the comp and doesn't look to me like a natural centre. The few times he's played there he hasn't looked comfortable.

I thought Harper was impressive when given the chance last year, especially when he dominated a highly touted player like Staggs against Brisbane.. He should be picked in the centres in my opinion..
Maybe, just maybe the thought was move Smith to the centres because JAC was coming.? Now that his not it might not happen anymore... lol

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m happy with this, if only to give okunbour a shot on the wing with the new “no mid air tackles” rule. But if okunbour doesn’t shine, Smith to back to the wing.
Okunbour isn’t first grade material his defence is and has always been woeful.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thinking more about this it really does concern me.

Remis clearly is being moved to centre to keep him happy as his contract is up at the end of the year, right? Understand that, however it leaves us extremely weak on the wings where we seemingly have extremely little backup whereas in the centres we do have a couple of pomising youngsters coming through.

Not getting an outside back in now will weaken us this year. Realise it needs to be the right player, but at the same time we've got 2 options for the wins?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No reimis has re signed until 2021 hasn’t he...