NRL 9s

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny seeing Mitch Moses cry like a b*tch after a loss in what is a mickey mouse tournament.. He must be desperate to win somthing

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bahaha this joke tournament keeps delivering. Parra were favourites and lost twice

Did Arthur name any junior players in there? He went all out for the 9s thinking it's a big competition lol

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny seeing Mitch Moses cry like a b*tch after a loss in what is a mickey mouse tournament.. He must be desperate to win somthing
You'd think anyone in a Parrascum jersey would be used to choking by now. It's in their dna.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I look forward to the nines every year as it’s a build up for the season proper, but every year especially this year (except our first game) it seems to be getting worse and I am starting to lose interest!! Probably based on our loss but it just didn’t have the excitement factor this time around.

was nice seeing our boys get a run, always good to see the mighty blue an white bulldogs jersey on show.!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I look forward to the nines every year as it’s a build up for the season proper, but every year especially this year (except our first game) it seems to be getting worse and I am starting to lose interest!! Probably based on our loss but it just didn’t have the excitement factor this time around.

was nice seeing our boys get a run, always good to see the mighty blue an white bulldogs jersey on show.!!
they should have played it somewhere where they could at least get a decent crowd/atmosphere. NRL need to get over their little love affair with Perth

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
did anybody even watch the final? chokers gonna choke

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if only he could have played like that during all those years that they persisted with him for Origin
I actually always thought he was the blues scapegoat and his versatility would’ve always had him one of the first picked in my eyes

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually always thought he was the blues scapegoat and his versatility would’ve always had him one of the first picked in my eyes
IMO, his versatility meant he would of been an ideal bench player for the blues. He was picked at fullback despite better options for many years because he was captain

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
felt like he got a free pass on many occasion myself, after turning out rubbish performance after rubbish performance

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they should have played it somewhere where they could at least get a decent crowd/atmosphere. NRL need to get over their little love affair with Perth
Word is they didn't open the gates until the telecast had started.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Word is they didn't open the gates until the telecast had started.
that's pretty bad... I think the NRL missed real opportunities with BarkWest's arrival on the scene, whether they could have played the Nines there, or Magic Round... something.. they literally did nothing

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

I looked forward to it the first and maybe second time. After that I lost all interest entirely, and this year I did not even bother to tune in after I saw how stupid the format was.

Now I see articles saying that Perth does not deserve a team after a supposedly poor turn out. A poor turnout to a fixture that started during work hours on a Friday, and each team only playing 2 of the 3 other teams in their pool and on top of that most teams do not take it seriously and send shitty squads?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As usual money talks rather than any ‘love affair’ - the WA Government gave the NRL a big fat cheque to host a package of SOO (2019 success), the 9’s (2020 only at this point) and an international (yet to be scheduled). SA is doing the same with SOO this year. I don’t blame the NRL for taking a mix of showpiece (SOO) and other product (9’s) to test the waters in different markets whilst being paid to do so.

I do understand the ‘value’ of taking the 9’s to an established RL heartland of say Newcastle or Townsville but the game has to grow into new markets as well for the long term - so might as well use someone else’s money to test those waters.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As usual money talks rather than any ‘love affair’ - the WA Government gave the NRL a big fat cheque to host a package of SOO (2019 success), the 9’s (2020 only at this point) and an international (yet to be scheduled). SA is doing the same with SOO this year. I don’t blame the NRL for taking a mix of showpiece (SOO) and other product (9’s) to test the waters in different markets whilst being paid to do so.

I do understand the ‘value’ of taking the 9’s to an established RL heartland of say Newcastle or Townsville but the game has to grow into new markets as well for the long term - so might as well use someone else’s money to test those waters.

God damn that's annoying.. Origin I can somewhat get.. given there are three games, but Nines is once a year and should be played where people care about rugby league

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
God damn that's annoying.. Origin I can somewhat get.. given there are three games, but Nines is once a year and should be played where people care about rugby league
I guess they have to consider the overall financial and product/brand outcome - a big cheque from a State Govt and probable smaller crowds and other revenue from merch/other sales vs a larger crowd / ancillary sales but no (or a much smaller) cheque to go there and the lessons learned from the exercise.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess they have to consider the overall financial and product/brand outcome - a big cheque from a State Govt and probable smaller crowds and other revenue from merch/other sales vs a larger crowd / ancillary sales but no (or a much smaller) cheque to go there and the lessons learned from the exercise.
yeah I get ya.. just seems like short term thinking which I guess is their specialty

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
yeah I get ya.. just seems like short term thinking which I guess is their specialty
I'd argue it's the opposite - it's not just about the short term bank, but how does the game grow into different markets.
If they're not actively working on that, that's a massive problem.
They've already bailed out the Titans, Knights, Tigers and who else - so if some clubs aren't viable in RL heartland - growth into new markets is the only option.