Official 9’s Game Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh we have too many players in the same mould, really frustrating when we need some genuine punch from a few extra forwards.

Thompson looks to be another in a similar mould but in the upper tier, looks to be at his best when partnered with a stronger ball carrier (Walmsley). Think he would be more suited as a 13 in the NRL the more I look into him.
Yeah that's how I feel about Thompson which is why ALOT hinges on RT and RFM. If one of them don't work we MUST go NUTS after a big thing which is why I like the idea of kids like Fisher-Harris.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catch , pass, kick
Boring and predictable.
Won't take line on, no heart, carnt tackle
Will never win us anything big.
Frawley miles infront
A way better version of Frawley... Frawley on takes the line on with the intent to dummy, Cogger plays for his outside men more than any half we have

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Catch , pass, kick
Boring and predictable.
Won't take line on, no heart, carnt tackle
Will never win us anything big.
Frawley miles infront
Haha yeah mate didnt you see him take the ball over the advantage line multiple times before kicking

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How good was Gidley for the knights looked like he could step straight back in to an nrl side

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cogger looked better in the 9's than he did in the NRL last year. Obviously a small sample size. Frawley worst half we've had in a while (I mean THE worst). Frawley ruined my boy Reynolds.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you reackon opposition teams / coaches will be worried or plan on how to take cogger out of the game, when up against us??
Like i said predictable.
Haha yeah mate didnt you see him take the ball over the advantage line multiple times before kicking

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah that's how I feel about Thompson which is why ALOT hinges on RT and RFM. If one of them don't work we MUST go NUTS after a big thing which is why I like the idea of kids like Fisher-Harris.
To'omaga, RFM and Ogden are our 3 genuine go forward type forwards, Sue is potentially another but incredibly inconsistent, Napa another if he improves his conditioning this preseason.

So yh like you said the ideal situation is both RFM and To'omaga build on last season and push their way into the starting side, because players like Elliott, Smith, Britt, etc aren't doing much against a set defensive line.

Really not keen on JFH, very good player but I don't think he offers that out and our punch we need. Maybe with reduced minutes he could offer more in terms of pure power.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To'omaga, RFM and Ogden are our 3 genuine go forward type forwards, Sue is potentially another but incredibly inconsistent, Napa another if he improves his conditioning this preseason.

So yh like you said the ideal situation is both RFM and To'omaga build on last season and push their way into the starting side, because players like Elliott, Smith, Britt, etc aren't doing much against a set defensive line.

Really not keen on JFH, very good player but I don't think he offers that out and our punch we need. Maybe with reduced minutes he could offer more in terms of pure power.
Yeah don't have much confidence in our young guys tbh… RT is the pick of the bunch but we'll find out this yr is he is nothing but depth or a solid first grader. RFM I feel is done at the dogs, absolute gun on his day and his finally playing through the middle but his already glass as it is so how long will he last there. Ogden just keeps disappointing.. lost faith. Sue as u said, meh and Britt to small to add anything other than a fill in for a short time.

If not JFH then anyone similar so we can push Napa to the bench..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So you reackon opposition teams / coaches will be worried or plan on how to take cogger out of the game, when up against us??
Like i said predictable.
Delusional mate... Bet you didn't expect him to put the try on for Averillo today, very predictable... it's not his fault we didn't get the ball back, I think Cogger will be fine

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So who’s partnering Lewis then?
My guess is Cogger at this stage, as much as I want to see Wakeham.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His defence is a massive liability.
One try assist woopy doo, he had all the ball in attack, bet if wakeham was the general he would have set up 3 and scored one himself.
I just cannot understand why he cannot learn how to tackle and be aggressive in defence.
What did he do in the off season?
Mate, don't get me wrong I want all our players to flourish and improve from last year and kiss ass.
They should have sent him to Lachlan Lewis folks place in the off season, so he can tackle tractor tyres all summer long.

Delusional mate... Bet you didn't expect him to put the try on for Averillo today, very predictable... it's not his fault we didn't get the ball back, I think Cogger will be fine

Last edited:

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I hate the nines, like really. I had McInnis and Milford in my supercoach team, now they're injured. That's just great isn't it.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
So the overall feeling about the team is what?
A slight improvement on last year. But I still think 2021 will be our breakout year. I expect big improvements to many teams, in particular the Cowboys and Titans, which means we will need to work extra hard to get into the top 8 this year.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we still have no idea how we will go and I’m far from hitting the bottle after the. Ines tournament. Didn’t really show much, we beat the competition favourites when we fielded a tram with about 4 or so regular first grade players, and the second game we had stuff all ball with a lesser known team.
Throw in DWZ, Smith, Hoppa, JJ, Napa and other top/rep players would obviously make a difference.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa.

Cogger on bench
Lucky Hoppa has such a awesome kicking game! I’m sure the opposition wouldn’t load up on Lewis on the last tackle because he’s the only kicker.....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jury is still out. In realty they played 38 mins of footy with a mix of players at different stages of their careers that are unfamiliar with each other. Some players did some nice things and some not so good but the trials will give us a better indication of what’s going on.