Official 9’s Game Thread

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the 9s are not much more than a giggle game and cannot be taken to seriously, but one thing i do ask is has Justin Holbrook changed the dynamics of the titans already, or are the players now actually having a go

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
the 9s are not much more than a giggle game and cannot be taken to seriously, but one thing i do ask is has Justin Holbrook changed the dynamics of the titans already, or are the players now actually having a go
Both. It looked like they gave up on their old coach (forgot his name) and were a bit disinterested. Going off last year our boys aren't at that stage.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure but I'm struggling to find how both he and Britt fit into our 17, feel like one should be starting on the bench and the other in reserves. Stimson just looked really underwhelming.
Looks like Jacko will stay on an edge so nothing but a roaming forward is all I can think of, bit like Elliot so don't know where he will get a run.

Underwhelming? ***** was probably hung over... Looks like his loves the grog.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I replied to wrong person but I'll just re post as standard comment.
Britt looks like a Tolman replacement/mould. Stimson either second row or interchange lock (if we don't run with a utility maybe he can share second row minutes with CHN and Chris Smith can continue to be the interchange lock). That's how I see it.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure but I'm struggling to find how both he and Britt fit into our 17, feel like one should be starting on the bench and the other in reserves. Stimson just looked really underwhelming.
So you’ve put a pen through Stimson based on about 3 minutes of Nine’s footy?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was a long shot from being anything except an interchange lock anyways (we did re-sign Chris Smith so potentially that isn't available either). Has to impress in the trials now.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a long shot from being anything except an interchange lock anyways (we did re-sign Chris Smith so potentially that isn't available either). Has to impress in the trials now.
I have a feeling Chris Smith will start the season in reserves.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he could get a start in the second row if JJ goes to lock. Remains to be seen. The Trials will be interesting.

If that’s not the case then he probably gets a spot on the bench.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he could get a start in the second row if JJ goes to lock. Remains to be seen. The Trials will be interesting.

If that’s not the case then he probably gets a spot on the bench.
Yeah I’d be surprised if Stimson isn’t in the 17 somewhere in Round 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like Jacko will stay on an edge so nothing but a roaming forward is all I can think of, bit like Elliot so don't know where he will get a run.

Underwhelming? ***** was probably hung over... Looks like his loves the grog.
Yh we have too many players in the same mould, really frustrating when we need some genuine punch from a few extra forwards.

Thompson looks to be another in a similar mould but in the upper tier, looks to be at his best when partnered with a stronger ball carrier (Walmsley). Think he would be more suited as a 13 in the NRL the more I look into him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yh we have too many players in the same mould, really frustrating when we need some genuine punch from a few extra forwards.

Thompson looks to be another in a similar mould but in the upper tier, looks to be at his best when partnered with a stronger ball carrier (Walmsley). Think he would be more suited as a 13 in the NRL the more I look into him.
Unlucky it's likely he's going to be partnered with Napa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No, I just said he looked underwhelming and a fair way off the pace. But I know you're a massive and love twisting statements.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unlucky it's likely he's going to be partnered with Napa.
Probably. Hopefully To'omaga steps up this season and pushes for a starting spot and potentially partners Napa. That gives us a more powerful and skillful middle that can both get us going and also cause some damage when they're on-top. Ogden is another that can generate that momentum with strong carries.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Tiana Penitani.......Nom Nom Nom