Bulldogs Nine's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're playing with bobcat you should have added motivation, your playing next to a club legend. All I saw was laughing and giggling every time Morris scored. Reminded me of Anasta under the post when he was our captain! There's no respect for the jersey, or our club is not enforcing the bulldogs mentality into our players!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our team is very similar to last yr. Unless some of our players massively improve or we discover some new talent, therel be no finals footy.
Just set this as your expectation. It won't hurt as bad.
upload_2020-2-15_18-41-32.png

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is the phrase that I keep hearing on here. These players have a job just like anyone else, their role is to represent this club the best way possible. I don’t know about you but when I tune in to watch this club in any format, I want to see a team that is entertaining, committed and playing 100% at all times, not half assed from players and coaches, because it’s a nothing tournament. Every time you put on the jersey, it’s an opportunity for the supporters to tune in and support. It would be awesome to see a lot of our young guys to come in and seize the opportunity to star and give the club some hope, so this kind of tournament would be perfect for that. This club needs to stop thinking like a small club with a loser mentality.
I agree to an extent... We have alot of young kids in the squad, they aren't conditioned to the beast that is the NRL so they haven't really had a chance for them to be labelled as winners or losers. So yeah nines or a trial I believe it would be very beneficial moving forward to take every games seriously and breed a winning mentality

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You completely contradict yourself saying that it’s a perfect opportunity to give young guys a chance to star. The squad had plenty of young players in it and they all got time on the field. They had a great showing yesterday and today things didn’t go their way. It’s very hard to recover when things don’t go your way in Nines. Overall the tournament was pretty positive for the club overall.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You completely contradict yourself saying that it’s a perfect opportunity to give young guys a chance to star. The squad had plenty of young players in it and they all got time on the field. They had a great showing yesterday and today things didn’t go their way. It’s very hard to recover when things don’t go your way in Nines. Overall the tournament was pretty positive for the club overall.
The first game was good in terms of defence but nothing in terms of throwing the ball around and attacking, and that comes down to the players and coaches being half assed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All of the commentary team think teams that struggled last year should have came trying to win it just saying (and most of them did, more so than the majority of successful teams). We decided to let a 40 year old play in the middle for half the game...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Finally a semi-intelligent non-expletive laden post from you Alzz, wonders never cease.

I do agree with not playing retired players and focussing on young players coming through. That’s largely what happened today except for Bobcat.

You call for Pay’s head consistently not knowing any facts. Maybe one or more of our guys pulled up sore after last night. Would a responsible coach play them and risk worse injury? I’d like to think not. Then again, you want Flanagan to coach us, so enough said.

I have no idea where you get this ‘loser mentality’ and ‘mediocrity’ nonsense from however. You honestly believe anyone at the club deliberately sets out to lose, or doesn’t care if they lose? Nothing could be further from the truth.

Let’s see how the two ‘proper’ trials go before anyone gets too worked up into a lather about how things are - because right now I’ve seen nothing to judge the season ahead on, maybe with the exception that I don’t think Okunbor should be in first grade.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first game was good in terms of defence but nothing in terms of throwing the ball around and attacking, and that comes down to the players and coaches being half assed
Since when have we been a side that throws it around and has free flowing attack? Without any major roster changes in the spine there’s not going to be any major change to our attack it doesn’t matter if it’s NRL or Nines.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree to an extent... We have alot of young kids in the squad, they aren't conditioned to the beast that is the NRL so they haven't really had a chance for them to be labelled as winners or losers. So yeah nines or a trial I believe it would be very beneficial moving forward to take every games seriously and breed a winning mentality
Yes true what u say,but my real worry is they conceded 25 points in 18 minutes,to a very ordinary sharks team

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All of the commentary team think teams that struggled last year should have came trying to win it just saying (and most of them did, more so than the majority of successful teams). We decided to let a 40 year old play in the middle for half the game...
Yeah bobcat should never have played, in the end it was a terrible call

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also I've seen just as much if not more talent in other teams (that I haven't seen before) than our team. I'm really not sure how so many people are confident in what we have coming through. I'm just going to assume you're comparing them to each other and not what other clubs have. Maybe they'd look a bit better with some more experience around them (DWZ, Hopoate, etc).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
lol. I’m not worried about it. I have faith dinkum, sloppy performance today is all.
That and we had very little ball which will always kill you in this format. What stood out for me was Okunbor’s exposure on the wing - I don’t believe he should be in the team come Round 1, he needs lots of polish if he’s to make it at all in my view.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since when have we been a side that throws it around and has free flowing attack? Without any major roster changes in the spine there’s not going to be any major change to our attack it doesn’t matter if it’s NRL or Nines.
See thats kind of the point, we need to throw the ball around and change our attack, and the nines is the perfect format to do it, if we cant do it here then there is some serious issues, its not that hard to move the ball around, i seen most teams do it

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finally a semi-intelligent non-expletive laden post from you Alzz, wonders never cease.

I do agree with not playing retired players and focussing on young players coming through. That’s largely what happened today except for Bobcat.

You call for Pay’s head consistently not knowing any facts. Maybe one or more of our guys pulled up sore after last night. Would a responsible coach play them and risk worse injury? I’d like to think not. Then again, you want Flanagan to coach us, so enough said.

I have no idea where you get this ‘loser mentality’ and ‘mediocrity’ nonsense from however. You honestly believe anyone at the club deliberately sets out to lose, or doesn’t care if they lose? Nothing could be further from the truth.

Let’s see how the two ‘proper’ trials go before anyone gets too worked up into a lather about how things are - because right now I’ve seen nothing to judge the season ahead on, maybe with the exception that I don’t think Okunbor should be in first grade.
Do you want the club to play entertaining football, id imagine you do right, so why was it so hard for us to throw the ball around and change up our attack for once

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Let’s see how the two ‘proper’ trials go before anyone
And as for flanagan, he can definitely coach dont kid yourself

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you want the club to play entertaining football, id imagine you do right, so why was it so hard for us to throw the ball around and change up our attack for once
‘Entertaining’ precisely what we saw some of last night and knocked off the tournament favourites who everyone said would flog us. Entertaining comes with experience and confidence. We still have a very young squad overall. I know you’ll call that an excuse as all bleaters do but it’s the truth. They will be better this year compared to where they were 12 months ago. What we saw today is not a measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.