Official 9’s Game Thread

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Main thing is no injuries and blowing out some cobwebs.

The trials proper is the next stepping stone and a better indicator.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha, you'd rather see our players get injured in a nonsense 9's game to play a "better team"....take a valium mate, the actual season hasn't started yet.
You do realise a player can get injured in training lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearly the NRL don't see the value in the competitive element seeing as they schedule it right before round 1/ when the premiers are on tour
Does the NRL own the nines? I know its called the NRL nines but I remember it was a product that was privatised or outsourced a couple of years back in NZ? Could be wrong...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the NRL own the nines? I know its called the NRL nines but I remember it was a product that was privatised or outsourced a couple of years back back in NZ?
This is the first one run by the NRL.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clearly the NRL don't see the value in the competitive element seeing as they schedule it right before round 1/ when the premiers are on tour
Are we on tour?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So did we only score 3 tries in 2 nines games?

I noticed even with the game yesterday we didn’t really play any attacking football, it was mostly one out stuff. It’s the perfect opportunity to throw it around ffs.
Attack will continue to be our Achilles heel this year.. our defence was amazing in yesterdays game.. and was only shit today due to a combination of sharks game momentum, inexperienced players, dodgy ref calls and a 50 year playing in the center of the field..

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only thing I noticed is that Stimson needs a lot more training but saying that there is plenty of time yet.As for any observations on who did and didn’t do what I will take the nines and trials for what they are.Hopefully quite a few on here can relax and do the same.Actually the best entertainment was reading the comments on here over the last 2 days.Freakn hilarious.

Reactions: GDR

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You do realise a player can get injured in training lol
Well no shit, the difference is training incidents happen sometimes. There's no need to further risk injuries in a stupid money making (for nrl), no relevance farce of a game when the more important games are round the corner. You are losing your shit after a loss in 9's and complaining, how the hell are you going to survive the actual season when we lose a game. It's the weekend, relax and go do something.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was he not tackled in the air? Ferguson pass flat or almost flat and they're always going to miss some.
Was defending line, new rule is puss

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was defending line, new rule is puss
You're going to see a lot more of it during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one to two penalties a game because of it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the NRL own the nines? I know its called the NRL nines but I remember it was a product that was privatised or outsourced a couple of years back in NZ? Could be wrong...

No idea, but they would have to sign off on the scheduling and everything

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only thing I noticed is that Stimson needs a lot more training but saying that there is plenty of time yet.As for any observations on who did and didn’t do what I will take the nines and trials for what they are.Hopefully quite a few on here can relax and do the same.Actually the best entertainment was reading the comments on here over the last 2 days.Freakn hilarious.
I heard training was an issue with Stimson, more so since his injury. Not sure how he's going here but his conditioning didn't look anywhere near good enough ATM.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think Harper can do wing... His always been a centre. Averillo can do anything from 1-6
Smith could always go back to wing as one option. We can’t afford to leak points on the wing when we struggle to score more than 18. I think we have some talented players in the squad now and need to stop playing guys who have failed in the top grade when given opportunities

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith could always go back to wing as one option. We can’t afford to leak points on the wing when we struggle to score more than 18. I think we have some talented players in the squad now and need to stop playing guys who have failed in the top grade when given opportunities
Exactly. Considering defence is what we have to build off shifting Smith to the centres and having to play either Okunbor and Averillo on a wing will kill off any motivation to stand strong. Averillo is a good kid but its not the time to throw a rookie on a wing because we have to.

Harper is a strong defender and can cart up the ball strongly, more than enough for the mean time and it strengthens the notion of sacrifice and working hard, the basis of the set culture.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're going to see a lot more of it during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one to two penalties a game because of it.
Yeah it's a shit rule imo all they have to do is be so critical of blockers and we will have clean in air contests and won't have to lock for penalties in the area imo

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard training was an issue with Stimson, more so since his injury. Not sure how he's going here but his conditioning didn't look anywhere near good enough ATM.
He looks slimmer but gassed out very quick. He still covered well after playing in the middle.... Maybe more game time will help?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also happens when you are playing with unfamiliar teammates.
That's probably when u don't need to communicate though... Still need to scream out shift regardless where you are and Okunbor does not look like a footballer at all to me... at all.