News Elliot out of all stars

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury forward Adam Elliott is out of the All Stars clash after suffering an ankle injury.

The Indigenous All Stars lock will not suit up against the New Zealand Maori side on the Gold Coast next Saturday after picking up a knock in an opposed session against the Bulldogs' under 20s side during the week.

Elliott is unlikely to be fit for Canterbury's trial against Canberra at Port Macquarie on February 29 but he is expected to be right for the season opener against Parramatta at Bankwest Stadium on March 12.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson & RFM injures too. Maybe Topine gets a crack.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These injuries will set them back in their fitness. I expect a slow start to the season

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bummer. I think he has been doing the hard yards for a while now, so he shouldn't be held back too much.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This probably means Stimson starts round 1 and Elliott off the bench. Not a bad thing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson & RFM injures too. Maybe Topine gets a crack.
These injuries will set them back in their fitness. I expect a slow start to the season
Jackson's was "only" a broken nose, hardly likely to affect his fitness. RFM's is a fair bit more serious, ankle syndesmosis injury, hopefully not as bad as Foran's, but that's going to set him back some weeks. I haven't heard much about Elliot's ankle injury but it sounded like a small strain, good chance it's just a precaution him not playing.

Go Dogs

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson's was "only" a broken nose, hardly likely to affect his fitness. RFM's is a fair bit more serious, ankle syndesmosis injury, hopefully not as bad as Foran's, but that's going to set him back some weeks. I haven't heard much about Elliot's ankle injury but it sounded like a small strain, good chance it's just a precaution him not playing.

Go Dogs
I dont doubt they will play round 1. But they won't be doing full training until then (Jackson possibly).

They will need a good week or two after that too bounce back fitness wise.

We play Parra round 1. Would have liked everyone at 100% im regards to fitness. Can't do much about it now

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hopefully all fake so our guys aren't risked in that nothing game!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont doubt they will play round 1. But they won't be doing full training until then (Jackson possibly).
They will need a good week or two after that too bounce back fitness wise.
We play Parra round 1. Would have liked everyone at 100% im regards to fitness. Can't do much about it now
RFM won't be playing until I'd say Round 3 maybe longer, the others Round 1 should be no problem.

Go Dogs

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely they’ll have to call the game off now with the biggest draw card out??

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow he is becoming injury prone!
He seems to miss 10 or more rounds a year!
He might be able to lift a lot but that's not going to help him on the sidelines

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We haven’t even started the trials or seasons proper and already a few small injuries
Just goes to show the importance of a good bench and squad in general
Some of our young players better be ready to step up & take their chances during the year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of Our strongest in the gym.. need his guns..

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest disgrace was him being in the All Stars to start with!

Hope he makes a speedy recovery for us though

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
One of Our strongest in the gym.. need his guns..
Probably needs to do some yoga or something similar as well. You can be big and strong, but you need that flexibility as well to minimise injury.