Elliott the strongest at the Dogs (according to Lewis)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is all of Elliott's stats for 2019 as an average from Fox Sports Lab https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...position=forwards&category=summary&isAvg=true

Attack
Runs - 10.8 (132 (overall NRL ranking)/ 4 (overall Bulldogs ranking))
Run meters - 85 (186/4)
Meters per run - 7.9 (366/9)
Tackle breaks - 1 (277/3)
Line breaks - 0.1 (259/4)
Line engagements - 2.7 (90/1)

Defence
Tackles - 25.2 (87/5)
Missed tackles - 1.8 (120/5)
Ineffective tackles - 2.1 (9/1)
Tackle efficiency - 86% (238/7)
Errors - 0.4 (282/3)
Penalties - 0.4 (183/7)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is all of Elliott's stats for 2019 as an average from Fox Sports Lab https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...position=forwards&category=summary&isAvg=true

Attack
Run meters - 85 (186/4)

Defence
Tackles - 25.2 (87/5)
Errors - 0.4 (282/3)
Penalties - 0.4 (183/7)
And that's a better reflection. I was just on that site. His average run metres per hit up have always been pathetic. And his tackle count is boosted by the fact that others come in to stop a player makingpost contact metres because elliot is barely holding on

CHN provides a lot of defensive errors too, HOWEVER, he makes up for that in spades in his attacking ability.

As i said we'll keep a performance thread for Elliot.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, whoa, ease up big fella, actual data isn't permissible, let alone facts! What are you thinking? It interferes with all the delicious cognitive bias going on, what are you trying to do here? Don't you know how hard it is to change paradigms without a clutch?
In any case, an escape route has already been built in to the argument, did you not notice? Sure Elliott doesn't have as many errors or penalties as cognitive bias would have some of us remember (hundreds, if not thousands of them), but what REALLY matters, is that the few errors and penalties he has made are MOMENTUM killers. See, that's something that you can't see in the stats, stats don't tell the whole story, in fact stats really, when you get right down to it, well, they're kind of meaningless.
So us who are biased against Elliott, we reject your stats and substitute our own reality.
Sincerest apologies, I'm terribly sorry for bothering to do the research, what was I thinking actually coming up with data, I acknowledge that I can be a bit demanding when it comes to backing up an opinion with actual facts, I'm deeply sorry that I can't get my past my quest for the truth, in future I'll try my best to accept everything posted here on TK as unquestionable.

Go Dogs

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Attack
Run meters - 85 (186/4)

Defence
Tackles - 25.2 (87/5)
Errors - 0.4 (282/3)
Penalties - 0.4 (183/7)
Thanks for providing these stats. Looks good for Elliot particularly when you throw his average minutes per game into the equation, which I reckon was only around the 40-45 mark. Can you verify?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
You're a few mins off he averages 51.5 mins per game.
Elliot does pretty well not to make 100m per game with such decent minutes. It takes a special kinda of average player to do that. He probably has minimal impact on the game cause he is carrying around that massive big trying all courage heart of his

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes he is a player that it's easy to pick up on his mistakes on the field.

I'm not sure he makes more than any other forward to be fair but I do reckon he is fairly ineffective during his time on the field.

Have seen him have a few outstanding games but that's over hus career with us. It's really not enough.

Who knows this year though, as we've seen a few similar type players have a purple patch with us in the past. Hopefully Elliott does this year.

He def should not be re-signed for even a 1 year extn unless he goes very well and that would allow the younger guys to be brought through to take his place.
He averages more run metres than any other back rower at the club...vyou want to talk about ineffective? Let’s talk about Captain Jackson’s arguments.

Elliott is fine. He’s just the latest in a long line of kennel scapegoats.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Id be looking at the averages per game, the only exception to that would hit ups which I'd look at average metres per hit up not per game.

How about when the season starts we keep an adam elliot performance thread.
Elliot does pretty well not to make 100m per game with such decent minutes. It takes a special kinda of average player to do that. He probably has minimal impact on the game cause he is carrying around that massive big trying all courage heart of his

He does average over 100m per game and not many back rowers do. Jackson is the only other back rower at our club who averages over 100m. Get a clue

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He does average over 100m per game and not many vavkroaers do. Jackson is the only other back rower at our club who scares over 100m. Get a clue
What in gods name is a vavkroader?

Sounds like something out of mad max

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What in gods name is a vavkroader?

Sounds like something out of mad max
Use all your brainpower, consider the context of the discussion, squint if need be... and see if you can figure it out.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He averages more run metres than any other back rower at the club...vyou want to talk about ineffective? Let’s talk about Captain Jackson’s arguments.

Elliot is fucking shit

He does average over 100m per game and not many back rowers do. Jackson is the only other back rower at our club who averages over 100m. Get a clue
Because hes another ineffective ball hog like tolman. Tolman was actually good for us last season and so long as he stays away from the ball when we're attacking, I'm happy for him to start this year

Meanwhile dudiot is fucking shit. Ball hogs and averages stupid shit like 5 meters a hit up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Utility I was trying to be even handed by saying that Adam's mistakes are noticable on the field. For some reason his fumbles get noticed where others aren't as much.

Just my opinion but I reckon he could run for 200m a game and it wouldn't bring much in the way of results towards winning a game or a try scoring linebreak.

I hope he has a purple patch this year in the same way a few other "steady" backrowers have for us in the past.

He is in the Gillies, Morrin, Cassillis, Coveney, Moffett style of player. Did their job but weren't game breakers. We could afford that back in those days cos we had elite spine players.

I wouldn't knock the guy but IMO he is ineffectual unless he plays to the utmost of his ability this year and I wouldn't be re-signing him unless he does because we have some potential talent coming through.

He is below the 2ndrowers and locks we already have on the books.

Just my opinion atm based on what he has shown us so far, as I don't want to lose any of them over him atm on potential.

Wish him all the best for the season.

There'll always be good and bad posters on TK AND scapegoats. Just the way it is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can the elliot supporters please do me a favour. Dont suddenly disappear from the elliot threads when the footy starts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliot is fucking shit

Because hes another ineffective ball hog like tolman. Tolman was actually good for us last season and so long as he stays away from the ball when we're attacking, I'm happy for him to start this year

Meanwhile dudiot is fucking shit. Ball hogs and averages stupid shit like 5 meters a hit up.
Show me the stat to prove he averages 5m a hit up?

Your opinion is being driven by your dislike for the guy and you’re talking complete and utter shit. Lol