News How the Bulldogs signed Super League star Luke Thompson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
tbh you provide jibber

Its boring as bat shit and you're just polluting the forum.
How is it jibber? It isn't. It's just not the same opinion as you and I provide more information to back it up than anyone else. I always get the same answers like trying to be "funny" or disregarding what I say because I'm not on the board (lol). It's at least three months of posting "jibber" and I still haven't been proven wrong yet. Everything (probably not literally, but almost everything, maybe you can pull me up on something - actually provide something please) is exactly like I've said.

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jesus they are milking our only signing for everything they can aren’t they... what’s next a 60 minute special

need more than this guy on board for 2021 to pull us out of the bottom eight

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is it jibber? It isn't. It's just not the same opinion as you and I provide more information to back it up than anyone else. I always get the same answers like trying to be "funny" or disregarding what I say because I'm not on the board (lol). It's at least three months of posting "jibber" and I still haven't been proven wrong yet. Everything (probably not literally, but almost everything, maybe you can pull me up on something - actually provide something please) is exactly like I've said.
Just imagine for a second that the media are just throwing a number out there. Because in actual fact they are. They don't have any more access to contracts than you do. You just choose to assume they're correct and hammer the fact home regularly that you are offering proof by quoting published guesses. In the end you can only believe direct quotes from players on anything. DWZ said from memory that when he saw all the offers on the table his decision was between two clubs. He said he spoke to Gould and his family and that he chose us because we seemed to represent what he was looking for after seemingly being dicked around a bit at Penrith.

So don't take published guesses from the media as proof of a players salary, proof that any club has made offers or any other form of evidence unless a direct quote from a player is present. Most articles around player movements are full of words or statements like allegedly, an insider said, a source inside the club etc. Articles mentioning any of these words or statements are little more solid than farts in the wind. If oyu want to use these articles as evidence at least highlight direct quotes, because direct quotes are the only thing that carry any weight. And from memory the last time I heard a player make a direct quote regarding contract value was Fifita many years back, and upon him making that statement the club quickly said that he'd misrepresented their words and retracted the MOU they had in place prior to securing him.

Lastly, saying something 400 times doesn't make it any more accurate. but if this is waht you need to be convinced, let me know I'll copy and paste a short statement imploring you to disregard anything but direct quotes as evidence and paste it 400 times. I'll get you started on this here.

The media are probably lying if they do not provide a direct quote

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just imagine for a second that the media are just throwing a number out there. Because in actual fact they are. They don't have any more access to contracts than you do. You just choose to assume they're correct and hammer the fact home regularly that you are offering proof by quoting published guesses. In the end you can only believe direct quotes from players on anything. DWZ said from memory that when he saw all the offers on the table his decision was between two clubs. He said he spoke to Gould and his family and that he chose us because we seemed to represent what he was looking for after seemingly being dicked around a bit at Penrith.

So don't take published guesses from the media as proof of a players salary, proof that any club has made offers or any other form of evidence unless a direct quote from a player is present. Most articles around player movements are full of words or statements like allegedly, an insider said, a source inside the club etc. Articles mentioning any of these words or statements are little more solid than farts in the wind. If oyu want to use these articles as evidence at least highlight direct quotes, because direct quotes are the only thing that carry any weight. And from memory the last time I heard a player make a direct quote regarding contract value was Fifita many years back, and upon him making that statement the club quickly said that he'd misrepresented their words and retracted the MOU they had in place prior to securing him.

Lastly, saying something 400 times doesn't make it any more accurate. but if this is waht you need to be convinced, let me know I'll copy and paste a short statement imploring you to disregard anything but direct quotes as evidence and paste it 400 times. I'll get you started on this here.

I'd rather run with the media than nothing. I also have my opinion on what a player is worth. I also never say they're 100% (besides breaking into a teams HQ there is no better information). The club or player is never going to say what they're on or the real reason why they joined the club (did you see what happened to T-Rex when he did?) I'm pretty confident we signed DWZ for the reasons I've repeated 400 times. Just so you know you also argue with less information than me so if that's your requirement for an opinion I don't think you should be jumping into said conversations. I like to think ahead more then in the moment and a lot of the concerns (not really concerns because they have to happen - regarding recruitment) I was having three or so months ago are still there and I'm yet to see something otherwise. I'm cool to let this go for a while but if you're going to reply to me I'll probably reply back to you.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mark Percival (centre) extended his deal with St Helens. I remember seeing him mentioned in one of these posts as rumour of us chasing an English outside back

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard when he signed the contract Lynne got him to use a different pen on each page and then gave a pen to each board member as a memento

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mark Percival (centre)e his deal with St Helens. I remember seeing him mentioned in one of these posts as rumour of us chasing an English outside back
His highlights real looks acceptable :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
(Reel) lol.

Re-signed for 5 years...another one we missed out on ;)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His highlights real looks acceptable :grinning:
I haven't watched his highlights only just games here and there over the last 2 seasons lol. Re edited my post, new phone it has a mind of its own

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
(Reel) lol.

Re-signed for 5 years...another one we missed out on ;)
Yeah I'm glad we didn't get him, we don't need to buy a centre imo plenty of good young ones at the club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I'm glad we didn't get him, we don't need to buy a centre imo plenty of good young ones at the club
He did look the goods though.

I don't see much other than Averilo within the next year or two of the youngsters. The others really need big seasons to get extended including Harper. I think we have seen Holland and Montoya's ceilings already.

We've got some promising juniors coming on but I think a gun centre is still needed.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Mark Percival in one of these Luke Thompson threads saying Dogs were signing him too..

He just re-signed with St Helen's for 5 years.

Edit - mentioned a couple posts above lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He did look the goods though.

I don't see much other than Averilo within the next year or two of the youngsters. The others really need big seasons to get extended including Harper. I think we have seen Holland and Montoya's ceilings already.

We've got some promising juniors coming on but I think a gun centre is still needed.
With Hoppa he has one spot locked down... With Averillo, Harper, Schoupp and Alomati coming through I'd just like to see us hold the cash. Unless someone like Cotric comes along

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With Hoppa he has one spot locked down... With Averillo, Harper, Schoupp and Alomati coming through I'd just like to see us hold the cash. Unless someone like Cotric comes along
Where are you spending the money then? What positions do we not have players coming through? Cotric will be too expensive for us. A player like that isn't just going to "come along" to a struggling club from a top team.

Last edited: