Opinion Jake Averillo

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Really tough one in my opinion. Taulau just right now cause physically he a bit more mature and has already played first grade. Agree with @DinkumDog no need to rush Averillo I think he’s body is still maturing.
Tommy has gone, so not sure it really even matters anymore? And we know the story why Tommy left so good luck to him but Jake is a big part of our future.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tommy has gone, so not sure it really even matters anymore? And we know the story why Tommy left so good luck to him but Jake is a big part of our future.
It’s not important that’s right but 2 kids similar age they might come up against each other in the near future. But agree I don’t want to rush Averillo.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks fast, but skinny.
Will need to fill out but looks to have s something about him, good luck kid.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But can they tackle?
Morgan Harper is our next Chris Mortimer, very aggressive defender.
Well I have high hopes for Harper, he really does seem to have what it takes and I want too see him get a shot to prove himself at least lol.

will hold judgment on the other two for now..!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he plays every second of the tournament this weekend and shows what he has.
Does anyone think he could jag a spot in the team this year? Keen to see how he goes because he is being described as one of the best juniors to come through in a while
Not sure if the 9s are a good indication someone is ready for 1st honestly. Bit like touch footy more than anything, isn't it?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the 9s are a good indication someone is ready for 1st honestly. Bit like touch footy more than anything, isn't it?
We will probably end up knocked out after our 2 games and if that happens we would have played less then a half of footy. It’s so fast paced and open that I don’t think you can really take too much out of it.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we seem to have a promising group of younger players coming through, a dominant half and hooker coming in should see us back in finals and really competing, looking forward to better times

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really tough one in my opinion. Taulau just right now cause physically he a bit more mature and has already played first grade. Agree with @DinkumDog no need to rush Averillo I think he’s body is still maturing.
Both were good coming through Juniors _ talau has had a size advantage which makes a difference in age divisions and also that he was playing in the halves was more heavily involved in games. (I don't know why Tigers play him in the centres) - Averillo stepped up when playing in the halves for Flegg.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will probably end up knocked out after our 2 games and if that happens we would have played less then a half of footy. It’s so fast paced and open that I don’t think you can really take too much out of it.
Completely agree. Fun to watch, but little to learn from it imo. Just hope we don't get any injuries ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Both were good coming through Juniors _ talau has had a size advantage which makes a difference in age divisions and also that he was playing in the halves was more heavily involved in games. (I don't know why Tigers play him in the centres) - Averillo stepped up when playing in the halves for Flegg.
What I miss most about not seeing the Dogs week-in-week-out is actually watching the juniors come through. Getting to the game super early and seeing all the grades. Nothing better than that.

Really appreciate you guys giving this insight into the youngesters as I really don't have a scooby about how good they are. Cheers!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both have good sporting dna..willie talau and cliff and jason van blerk(socceroos).Still believe averillo is a half
Might end up back in the halves but I defenitely think he could do a very good job for us at centre and still learn a lot playing there and further develop his game. Our current side lacks a lot of what he has and I feel we just need to find a place for him and he will take his opportunity with both hands.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Might end up back in the halves but I defenitely think he could do a very good job for us at centre and still learn a lot playing there and further develop his game. Our current side lacks a lot of what he has and I feel we just need to find a place for him and he will take his opportunity with both hands.
Agree..sbw had to start in the centres and even thurston was in the centres in flegg and reserves...i rate averillo highly as an attacking half back...his defence isnt up to 1st grade in the centres..but ben barba couldnt tackle when he first came through

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree..sbw had to start in the centres and even thurston was in the centres in flegg and reserves...i rate averillo highly as an attacking half back...his defence isnt up to 1st grade in the centres..but ben barba couldnt tackle when he first came through
The most encouraging part of this post makes me think that we have seen the last of Montoya in first grade

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okunbors defence also isn't up to firstgrade but it looks like he will be starting the year lol. Anyway with Wakeham, Averillo and BBO we have a fair bit of potential in the halves, surely at least one of them will come good.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbors defence also isn't up to firstgrade but it looks like he will be starting the year lol. Anyway with Wakeham, Averillo and BBO we have a fair bit of potential in the halves, surely at least one of them will come good.
Surely Pay will see the liability Okunbor is? Also Meaney and Smith finished last year strongly on the wing it makes more sense to have Harper and Hoppa as the centres.