Opinion Jake Averillo

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think that he might get a run this season, or then again he might not.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling that he might get the other wing spot in rd 1, and if the Remis experiment doesn't work Averillo moves into the centres.
Probably more hoping then anything..

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not too fussed about him playing the Nines but I do hope he gets a chance to impress in the trials. He has hasn’t looked out of place every single time he has gone up a grade so he’s certainly exciting.

I’d love to see him start at centre in the first game but I can’t see it happening. It will all depend on form and injuries how much he plays this year but if he keeps on this trajectory Pay won’t have a choice.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any footage
I’ve not seen the kid play but he has massive raps

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope he plays every second of the tournament this weekend and shows what he has.
Does anyone think he could jag a spot in the team this year? Keen to see how he goes because he is being described as one of the best juniors to come through in a while
I don’t think playing him for every minute of a nines tournament would do him any favours but I think he’ll see first grade this season

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks pretty quick and has decent footwork in that footage. But thats still in the lower grades. Taking the next step can expose some players. Aaron Groom had a brilliant highlights video too. Won't get too excited until he succeeds in the NRL.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would much prefer we take a little longer with Jake and have a home grown gun centre than any Prima Donna import eg: Latrell. Hope this kid fires for us over the next year or two.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tommy Talau or Averillo. Who's better.

RabiedDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
In the last few games at the back end of last season , Morgan Harper was very sound. Defensively he was hitting real hard .

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Averillo is a gun.
Averillo topine wakeham & Paul alamoti are our future stars hopefully we can keep all 4 for years to come

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kids got some talent hope he goes well young too and can goal kick best of luck to him

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great confidence in his own ability, not scared to tuck the ball under the arm and pin the ears back... It's seems like a lot of modern day coaches, coach the instinct out of young blokes these days.. I hope it doesn't happen to this guy..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tommy Talau or Averillo. Who's better.
Really tough one in my opinion. Taulau just right now cause physically he a bit more mature and has already played first grade. Agree with @DinkumDog no need to rush Averillo I think he’s body is still maturing.