News Josh Morris upset by Cronulla’s refusal to release him to join Roosters

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jmoz knows his time is up and he wants a premiership before he rides off into the sunset.

His bro has 2, he has none. He doesn’t want to be known as the bitchboy of the family.

Bmoz has a far more decorated career, more origins, more test matches and of course premierships. Jmoz just didn’t make the right moves when he was younger.

I have to disagree. Brett has more Test Matches 15 against 6. They have same number of origins. Josh Morris has more premiership matches (by about 30). Yes, Brett won two premierships, but Josh Morris won 2 Dally M Awards for Centre of the Year. Brett Morris didn't win one for Wing/Fullback. I would say because of that they are in the same category.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit late to switch clubs just like that, typical of the Roosters to accommodate anyone anytime.
The Sharks are still contenders on their day, will be interesting to see how he goes at fullback.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit late to switch clubs just like that, typical of the Roosters to accommodate anyone anytime.
The Sharks are still contenders on their day, will be interesting to see how he goes at fullback.
I think the Sharks are in huge trouble and will slide considerably. Their pack is average and they are relying on show ponies like Johnson and Moylan who perform once every 6 weeks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Benefit of the doubt, they could be holding back up to the 5% of the Cap that is allowed, same as we did last year to fit in DWZ. Be nice to have a roster like that on only 95% of the Cap though.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Sharks are in huge trouble and will slide considerably. Their pack is average and they are relying on show ponies like Johnson and Moylan who perform once every 6 weeks.
Plus I have question marks over the coach.

Go Dogs

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Jmoz knows his time is up and he wants a premiership before he rides off into the sunset.

His bro has 2, he has none. He doesn’t want to be known as the bitchboy of the family.

Bmoz has a far more decorated career, more origins, more test matches and of course premierships. Jmoz just didn’t make the right moves when he was younger.
Josh Morris HAD to go. Imagine being part of the Dragons charge in 2010... then getting dropped when that bitch Gasnier returned and walked back into their first grade squad.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Morris HAD to go. Imagine being part of the Dragons charge in 2010... then getting dropped when that bitch Gasnier returned and walked back into their first grade squad.
J Moz had already spent a year at the Dogs by 2010

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
J Moz had already spent a year at the Dogs by 2010
Yeah pretty sure J Moz came to us 2009 as he was guaranteed Centre (preferred pos) and played most his time at Dragons on the flank /sometimes at Centre and possibly even fullback at times in those first two seasons

I didn’t mean ‘dead to me’ literally

He is a Dogs legend J Moz

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suck it up princess, we all know the real reason he wants to play for the rorters, his brother is 2 nil up on premierships and he's desperate to get at least one 1 premiership ring or every family gathering he'll be known as the loser.
I can just see J Moz walking into b moz's house and staring at all the GF memorabilia that B Moz won and B Moz saying gather round everyone while I reminisce on my GF Triumph's all the while J Moz is getting pissed and yelling in piss talk ' I'm the better player and you can all get f**ked' followed by slamming the door and driving of pissed, never to mention B Moz again.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Add into the mix Coach Morris who is out of his depth. The only reason he is keeping Jmoz is "I can't lose experienced players". Yet he will give Ramien the nod to start in the centres lol

I'm predicting Sharks will slide this season. They've had 3 or 4 years now of making the 8 but never threatened at all. Last year they got destroyed by an injury hit Manly in the finals. Sharks for bottom 4.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently they are trying him out at fullback now.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Add into the mix Coach Morris who is out of his depth. The only reason he is keeping Jmoz is "I can't lose experienced players". Yet he will give Ramien the nod to start in the centres lol

I'm predicting Sharks will slide this season. They've had 3 or 4 years now of making the 8 but never threatened at all. Last year they got destroyed by an injury hit Manly in the finals. Sharks for bottom 4.

Couldn't agree more. I would actually be quite concerned if I was a Sharks fan because I can easily see them not only being at the bottom of the table this year but staying there for at least a few seasons.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me most about players breaking contract is that if their club doesn't want to allow it, they quickly take it into the media. It's really just another thing to piss off the fans. I think that right now it's enough that poor refereeing and not so transparent favoritism from head office for a few teams exist to drive fans away from the game.

When the players start dragging crap like this into a media circus it really hits the fan bases hard. From our own perspective the SBW departure, seeing Hannant seeking a release, Barba and Klemmer all pissed me off. You kind of set your hopes on some of the better players in the roster adding some weight to the clubs premiership campaign. Anything that cuts that hope down really subtracts from the enthusiasm about the game.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have to disagree. Brett has more Test Matches 15 against 6. They have same number of origins. Josh Morris has more premiership matches (by about 30). Yes, Brett won two premierships, but Josh Morris won 2 Dally M Awards for Centre of the Year. Brett Morris didn't win one for Wing/Fullback. I would say because of that they are in the same category.
I disagree.

You play all year for a premiership, it’s the ultimate prize and a premiership ring is the most coverted item of an NRL player.

No one remembers who Dally M positional player of the years are, but premierships are part of history and you can always say you were part of that team if you were there.

Ask any retiring players what they would rather have, a premiership or a dally M position award. I’m sure most would say a premiership - a dally M would be great for earning more $$$.

bmoz has mogged jmoz through his career.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree.

You play all year for a premiership, it’s the ultimate prize and a premiership ring is the most coverted item of an NRL player.

No one remembers who Dally M positional player of the years are, but premierships are part of history and you can always say you were part of that team if you were there.

Ask any retiring players what they would rather have, a premiership or a dally M position award. I’m sure most would say a premiership - a dally M would be great for earning more $$$.

bmoz has mogged jmoz through his career.
Yes, a premiership is more valued than a Dally M award, but it does not necessarily reflect that player's skill. A premiership is reflective of the team.

I sometimes think that Dally M position awards are extremely underrated by fans... Josh Morris won two awards, one in 2009 and one in 2012. This means he was regarded as the Best Centre in the competition for two years... hence he is at the top of the pecking order when it comes to centres. These are the numbers since 1998:

Centre of the Year
Jamie Lyon - 4 (10,11,13,14)
Josh Morris - 2 (09,12)
Joseph Leilua - 2 (16,18)
Nigel Vagana - 2 (01,02)
Mark Gasnier - 2 (05,06)
James Roberts - 1 (15)
Latrell Mitchell - 1 (19)
Justin Hodges - 1 (07)
Dylan Walker - 1 (17)
Israel Folau - 1 (08)
Darren Smith - 1 (98)
Willie Tonga - 1 (04)

Clearly a very esteemed award with many great players, and very hard to win two of them. Somehow Brett Morris hasn't won an award for Winger yet (Uate won three somehow), and I think that this fact shouldn't be overlooked when comparing Brett and Josh.

Either way both of them are all time greats and deserve to go into the NRL Hall of Fame.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is not “a financial thing” from J Moz huh isn’t it funny how the Rorters can find the funds to sign a representative centre to replace an up and comer? Billy Smith I’m assuming would be on peanuts compared to Josh Morris! Do the math, I mean J Moz isn’t on exactly chump change he is a former rep player which means his contract is worth upwards of 500k plus per season, how on Earth do the Roosters find that kind of coin to sign a last minute rep player??? Begs the question...
Jack Dog made the point in another thread about this situation when I said Nulla are looking to easy their cap and letting Morris go would benefit them that he wouldn't be on that much coin to make a real difference if they do let him go. And that view seems to be backed up by the fact they are not letting him go. And given we have released Cronk, Mitchell and Tetevano and signed no one, it would not be a stretch to think we could come up with enough coin to sign JMoz for one year.