News Josh Morris upset by Cronulla’s refusal to release him to join Roosters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think after having Flanagan poached and probably Xerri too, the Sharks don't want to do the Roosters a favour even if it makes sense for them to offload Morris.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why I’m starting to hate the game . Contract is worthless. the hypocrisy is amazing .
One one hand you have Morris saying wants to finish with his bro , the. Wtf you sign with Sharks first place . the sharks entitled to make him stay , but then the hypocracy comes into play with them trying to shop and get rid of Dugan off their books , so suck shit to them if other players want to leave mid contract .
NRL should grow balls , contracts need to be enforced , if player doesn’t see out contract , he can’t play for another club and also the club still has to have that players money fit the cap , then we won’t see all this BS

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've lost all respect for the twins they bailed on us when we were at our lowest. If they respected our club they would of stuck around & helped with the re-build.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've lost all respect for the twins they bailed on us when we were at our lowest. If they respected our club they would of stuck around & helped with the re-build.
No. They had to go... no point having a re-build with two veterans that won't be part of your plans in a couple years time. They left at the correct time. If they stuck with us through the re-build we would lose Meaney, Okunbor, Harper.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sharks would be nuts to keep him. He’s not a winger and is 33 & they have salary cap issues.
They are such a poorly run club paying overs for injury prone and veteran players.
Fancy paying Dugan 800K a year.
Idiots

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If jmoz did an acl and was out for half of next year, ya know he'd be expecting the sharks to honour his contract...

This whole contract saga is a goddamn joke and the nrl need to make changes. Fans are sick of seeing players using any excuse under the sun to bail on a contract and get a pay rise at the same time. It's a farce.

Same applies to clubs. Happy to offer coin for the player then try find ways to move them on before it's done by making them look like the bad guy.. "poor attitude", "heads not at training..." yeah fkn bs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks to finish bottom 4 this year. Morris as a coach is out of his depth.

He will have unhappy players in the camp and it will get toxic.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I read in another article somewhere that Jmoz has a clause in his contract about playing with his Brother? That said, of course the Rorters have a lazy 350k + floating around at the death before season starts.........of course they do!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it me or are the Morris twins becoming sooks the older they get?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't let their age fool you... they would walk into any team.
Yep just because we sucked ass people assumed the twins were done. Imo outside Wighton and JWH... BMoz was best on ground. Outside Keary in that side he would wind back the clock imo

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Didn’t J Moz say one of the big reasons he went to Cronulla was to win a comp? Guess that didn’t work out too well.
The peptides had run out by the time he lobbed. Therefore so had the Sharps chances of a premiership.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't he want a 2 year contract so he chose Cronulla?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I read in another article somewhere that Jmoz has a clause in his contract about playing with his Brother? That said, of course the Rorters have a lazy 350k + floating around at the death before season starts.........of course they do!
I can’t believe any club would agree to such terms. Surely not re: the brother clause.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jmoz knows his time is up and he wants a premiership before he rides off into the sunset.

His bro has 2, he has none. He doesn’t want to be known as the bitchboy of the family.

Bmoz has a far more decorated career, more origins, more test matches and of course premierships. Jmoz just didn’t make the right moves when he was younger.