News How the Bulldogs signed Super League star Luke Thompson

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think hed make a good fist of it... and he's always said promising things about our club over the years, so who knows maybe he could end up pushing so good players our way. All hypothetical of course
I think "fisting" is an appropriate term. I like older Gus, he has immense knowledge of the game coupled with wide experience and knows just what buttons to push.

But the motivation here is $'s..nothing else. Gussy wants to cash in.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
totally agree it’s the agents who are screwing the player movement market even if a player is keen you Have a agent with his own agenda trying to get top dollar hence why it’s important for club management to have a good relationship with agents. Look at Latrell how his manger handed his shit for all we know he might have been keen to come to us
I agree, though i disagree with having a "good relationship" with these agents.

Not only do they "own" the players, they run the clubs with their demands and manipulations.

I can't remember who the agent was for Tedesco, Moses and Woods, but that **** totally destroyed that generation of the Tigers.

As you said in regards to Mitchell, you had his agent trying to hold the Roosters and other clubs to ransom, though he chose the wrong bloke in Politis who is a very powerful and influential figure, and as much as I hate the Roosters, well done to Politis for firing back. Dont worry about the small clan on here who say the Roosters threw Mitchell under the bus, as the Roosters couldnt do anymore than what they did with Mitchell. 800k for a centre? Absolutely brilliant money.

Than we also had that saga with Mbye and his agent holding us to ransom, hence us buckling under the pressure and the lists go on and on.

No doubt there are some clubs who are ruthless when it comes to getting rid of a player, but it is nowhere near as bad and frequent as these fuckheads called player agents

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the agent you were thinking of was Isaac Moses.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think "fisting" is an appropriate term. I like older Gus, he has immense knowledge of the game coupled with wide experience and knows just what buttons to push.

But the motivation here is $'s..nothing else. Gussy wants to cash in.
Just saw 'fisting' and had to say I like it. I like it a lot.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I actually think hed make a good fist of it... and he's always said promising things about our club over the years, so who knows maybe he could end up pushing so good players our way. All hypothetical of course
I was actually going to post a new topic but this covers it. He will be beneficial towards the bulldogs and already recommends players come to us

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, though i disagree with having a "good relationship" with these agents.

Not only do they "own" the players, they run the clubs with their demands and manipulations.

I can't remember who the agent was for Tedesco, Moses and Woods, but that **** totally destroyed that generation of the Tigers.

As you said in regards to Mitchell, you had his agent trying to hold the Roosters and other clubs to ransom, though he chose the wrong bloke in Politis who is a very powerful and influential figure, and as much as I hate the Roosters, well done to Politis for firing back. Dont worry about the small clan on here who say the Roosters threw Mitchell under the bus, as the Roosters couldnt do anymore than what they did with Mitchell. 800k for a centre? Absolutely brilliant money.

Than we also had that saga with Mbye and his agent holding us to ransom, hence us buckling under the pressure and the lists go on and on.

No doubt there are some clubs who are ruthless when it comes to getting rid of a player, but it is nowhere near as bad and frequent as these fuckheads called player agents
Definitely there are clubs out there that are ruthless and the whole contract saga can work in there favour too and that’s my point issac Moses is the player manager who had the big 4 at west and yeah played his part in fucking them over . West could have been a great by now if they stayed .
I don’t think the relationship between player manger and management is the only thing the appeal of the club is the big draw card and playing personnel and coach and players talk amongst each other if a club is a shit show they all know about it .
As for the rooster I take my hat off to them for not meeting Latrell demands yes the 800k was outstanding money in a success outfit weather it was his greed or agent directing him it was poor and ended up in the end going back with his dick in his hand to which chooks shut it in his face . Your right nick politis is one bloke you don’t fuck with.
As for mybe the whole next johnathan Thurston selling point bla bla I’m glad we let him go wasn’t worth his 900k hadn’t proved anything.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agents are destroying this game. Maybe having Gould in the mix might change things actually. Hate the guy, but something needs to give as it's only getting worse.
At the end of the day Gould sat on the other side of the negotiation table can’t hurt to see what he does I’m hopeful our club could have enticed him to come back in a back room role

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of the day Gould sat on the other side of the negotiation table can’t hurt to see what he does I’m hopeful our club could have enticed him to come back in a back room role
Nah. Personally I didn't want him back. Think we're in a decent place as it is.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
DWZ being one of them...
Nah that was a fluke remember, he was walking through Belmore after buying some pens at officeworks and he slipped over and scribbled on a contract as he fell

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah that was a fluke remember, he was walking through Belmore after buying some pens at officeworks and he slipped over and scribbled on a contract as he fell
I thought he slipped over a spilt coffee?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You know why it was more of a miracle than a fluke. Mid season signing = less options for a player. DWZ had three rumoured clubs interested in him: us, Tigers and Eels. Tigers couldn't move Mbye on (which was also rumoured at the time, he also wasn't selected for a game around the same time period) and Eels only had a centre spot open due to Gutherson being a better fullback at this stage (which is why they signed Blake instead). We were the only club rumoured that could offer him fullback (his preferred position, fullback money). Everything else is guessing and what you believe or don't believe in the media (picking and choosing to suit agenda).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You know why it was more of a miracle than a fluke. Mid season signing = less options for a player. DWZ had three rumoured clubs interested in him: us, Tigers and Eels. Tigers couldn't move Mbye on (which was also rumoured at the time, he also wasn't selected for a game around the same time period) and Eels only had a centre spot open due to Gutherson being a better fullback at this stage (which is why they signed Blake instead). We were the only club rumoured that could offer him fullback (his preferred position, fullback money). Everything else is guessing and what you believe or don't believe in the media (picking and choosing to suit agenda).
Copy paste copy paste. Your uneducated guesses are getting really boring mate. Have you considered applying for a job at The Roar when you finish school?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Copy paste copy paste. Your uneducated guesses are getting really boring mate. Have you considered applying for a job at The Roar when you finish school?
You're the dumbest person I've ever had a conversation with. You pick and choose what you use in the media hypocrite. "I was involved with the Bulldogs 20 years ago". Stop with that bullshit too no one believes you. You're just a fan like everyone else here. You can't even give a reasoning why DWZ wasn't a miracle signing but you try and bait certain people with one of your "funny" (dumb ass) responses. If anything my "guesses" are educated.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're the dumbest person I've ever had a conversation with. You pick and choose what you use in the media hypocrite. "I was involved with the Bulldogs 20 years ago". Stop with that bullshit too no one believes you. You're just a fan like everyone else here.
Hahahaha ok mate. You’ve just proven you’re even more clueless than I thought. You’re hilarious, please don’t ever leave the kennel

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. DWZ - "Three rumoured" clubs = Guess

2. Mbye - "Rumoured" to be moved on = Guess

3. Dogs - "Rumoured" to offer DWZ FB money = Guess

Stop guessing mate and provide the evidence in writing from club officials

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. DWZ - "Three rumoured" clubs = Guess

2. Mbye - "Rumoured" to be moved on = Guess

3. Dogs - "Rumoured" to offer DWZ FB money = Guess

Stop guessing mate and provide the evidence in writing from club officials
What ever opinion you give you're guessing (on this and a lot of other NRL topics)? It's an educated guess. I provide as much as I can (using the media as there is no other source of information) and give my opinion vs nothing. It's as obvious as it can get that DWZ wants to play fullback and on the other two points there was countless articles and when you add everything up there is definitely links between everything.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What ever opinion you give you're guessing (on this and a lot of other NRL topics)? It's an educated guess. I provide as much as I can and give my opinion vs nothing.
tbh you provide jibber

Its boring as bat shit and you're just polluting the forum.