The Consolidated NFL Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A lot of teams would love Dak on their roster.
True but EVERY team would trade their QB today for Mahomes including Dallas.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play
United States November 25, 2013
By Zachary M. Seward

For five months of the year, the National Football League dominates Sundays in the United States; it’s more popular than church.

The NFL’s popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

Part of the discrepancy has to do with the basic rules of American football. Unlike hockey or basketball, the 60-minute game clock in football can run even when the ball is not in play. That means a lot of game time is spent standing around or huddling up before each play begins.

The 11 minutes of action was famously calculated a few years ago by the Wall Street Journal. Its analysis found that an average NFL broadcast spent more time on replays (17 minutes) than live play. The plurality of time (75 minutes) was spent watching players, coaches, and referees essentially loiter on the field.

An average play in the NFL lasts just four seconds.

Of course, watching football on TV is hardly just about the game; there are plenty of advertisements to show people, too. The average NFL game includes 20 commercial breaks containing more than 100 ads. The Journal’s analysis found that commercials took up about an hour, or one-third, of the game.

Football’s stop-and-go nature makes it particularly prime for commercials, unlike soccer, which forces broadcasters to creatively insert ads during the 45 minutes of continuous play in each half. Broadcasts of NFL games in Europe, incidentally, include far fewer commercials.

Never thought about it this way, but that's crazy!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play
United States November 25, 2013
By Zachary M. Seward

For five months of the year, the National Football League dominates Sundays in the United States; it’s more popular than church.

The NFL’s popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

Part of the discrepancy has to do with the basic rules of American football. Unlike hockey or basketball, the 60-minute game clock in football can run even when the ball is not in play. That means a lot of game time is spent standing around or huddling up before each play begins.

The 11 minutes of action was famously calculated a few years ago by the Wall Street Journal. Its analysis found that an average NFL broadcast spent more time on replays (17 minutes) than live play. The plurality of time (75 minutes) was spent watching players, coaches, and referees essentially loiter on the field.

An average play in the NFL lasts just four seconds.

Of course, watching football on TV is hardly just about the game; there are plenty of advertisements to show people, too. The average NFL game includes 20 commercial breaks containing more than 100 ads. The Journal’s analysis found that commercials took up about an hour, or one-third, of the game.

Football’s stop-and-go nature makes it particularly prime for commercials, unlike soccer, which forces broadcasters to creatively insert ads during the 45 minutes of continuous play in each half. Broadcasts of NFL games in Europe, incidentally, include far fewer commercials.

Never thought about it this way, but that's crazy!
Hence why I love Kayo. Watch the games when I get home from work and have the remote in my hand the whole time skipping through all the bullshit. 11 minutes is about right. FMD I don’t know how people can stand watching a game every week with all the fking ads.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hence why I live Kayo. Watch the games when I get home from work and have the remote in my hand the whole time skipping through all the bullshit. 11 minutes is about right. FMD I don’t know how people can stand watching a game every week with all the fking ads.
More ads then actual football, how ridiculous! It would have to be the least amount of minutes for such a popular sport! I can't think of any other sport which has the ball in play for shorter amount of time. When they roll the ball in lawn bowls, the ball takes longer to get to the jack than a play lasts in the NFL!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brady actually left the Pats! It will be interesting to see how Tom goes at a new team and what happens at the Pats.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice, ceedee lamb at 17. steal
Can't believe he was still on the board! The Cowboys receivers are insane its even better because Philly must have been thinking they were in with a chance when he kept falling.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Can't believe he was still on the board! The Cowboys receivers are insane its even better because Philly must have been thinking they were in with a chance when he kept falling.
i believe it was stephen that said that no one thought they would draft a reciever, hence why no one traded up infront of them

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i believe it was stephen that said that no one thought they would draft a reciever, hence why no one traded up infront of them
Stephen said they had Lamb at 6 on their draft board! Hopefully they can get a nice safety in McKinney or Delpit tomorrow and couple of CB's.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dallas has the best offense in the NFL now. CeeDee Lamb was easily the best WR in the draft in my opinion. @ASSASSIN your team is going to be so fun to watch this season.

Packers front office screwed us again. Imagine taking a QB when you need a WR and TE badly.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Dallas has the best offense in the NFL now. CeeDee Lamb was easily the best WR in the draft in my opinion. @ASSASSIN your team is going to be so fun to watch this season.

Packers front office screwed us again. Imagine taking a QB when you need a WR and TE badly.
Strange that GB took a QB for sure. How long does Rodgers have left on his contract?