News How the Bulldogs signed Super League star Luke Thompson

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll accept that Pity..
It’s not a figure of speech I have ever heard,but you didn’t shy away from it being a poor choice of words and I respect that..
Let’s get back to some healthy debate about the mighty Bulldogs
Dog 4 Life
God love you brother, you were right to pull me up on that! I do consider myself to be a good Christian man and a respectful human being, but I’m not perfect and make mistakes too so full apologies to yourself and Slovenia Steve . I didn’t know you blokes and your family situations and I support you guys sticking up for your relatives who suffer such a terrible affliction.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of agents did I read somewhere that Phil Gould has applied for an NRL agents licence? There's a huge steaming pile of trouble just waiting to explode.

Go Dogs
Yes, he’s confirmed today he’s applying for an NRL agents licence - ‘in the interests of the players and the future of the game’...

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very different my friend.

The biggest issue here (NRL) is that your dealing with player agents (suckerfish)

Player agents (suckerfish) treat their clients and clubs like sluts.

The influence of agents on players is one thing, but what should be hugely concerning for the NRL is the role they are now having in coaching circles.

Agents have cottoned onto to the fact that it's through managing coaches that they can really influence the game. The game certainly does not benefit from the coaching market turning into a lawless wasteland.
totally agree it’s the agents who are screwing the player movement market even if a player is keen you Have a agent with his own agenda trying to get top dollar hence why it’s important for club management to have a good relationship with agents. Look at Latrell how his manger handed his shit for all we know he might have been keen to come to us

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course mate - hence why I gracefully bowed out of the conversation with Brady - it was clearly going nowhere and no point banging on and on when you'll never agree.
Credit where it's due of course - hell, I even complimented AlzzBulldog (sort of) last week when he said something other than derogatory about the club!
I don't even want to talk about 'marquee' because I hate the term - especially in a team sport.
We're in a good position to push forward this year given we effectively had to start again last year.
I agree with you - no one has expectations about winning the comp this year but I see no reason why with a decent start, some consistency and a decent run with injuries we cannot make the 8 - we can!
Cheers Steve - love your work (and comedy) :-)
You gave AlzzBulldog a compliment? Jesus. This page had turned soft ffs!

I'm happy with how things are progressing at the moment. Make the RIGHT buys instead of rushing things and getting players in who aren't the right fit across all aspects of the club. Of course we could be in a better position, there's no doubt about that. And there are a lot of questions that need answering in these opening first rounds. NO one can hide from that.

But ... no point in deathriding the coach, players, board or whoever. Everyone's putting in and wants the best for the club. Looking forward to the season starting and watching the boys rip in. Personally expecting big things from Napa!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
totally agree it’s the agents who are screwing the player movement market even if a player is keen you Have a agent with his own agenda trying to get top dollar hence why it’s important for club management to have a good relationship with agents. Look at Latrell how his manger handed his shit for all we know he might have been keen to come to us
Agents in world sport are killing it. Hard to know how to stop it though? Would love to know the answers because they're absolutely destroying league and it'll only get worse.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
God love you brother, you were right to pull me up on that! I do consider myself to be a good Christian man and a respectful human being, but I’m not perfect and make mistakes too so full apologies to yourself and Slovenia Steve . I didn’t know you blokes and your family situations and I support you guys sticking up for your relatives who suffer such a terrible affliction.
Word to the wise. There's no 'terrible affliction' ... from my side at least. It's how they were born and it's a part of them, so it's not something one would change even though some days are hard. The reality, and again I only speak for myself, is that people aren't looking for pity, people feeling sorry for them as they have this apparent 'terrible affliction' but acceptance for who they are. Different. But we're all different so there shouldn't be a difference between human beings.

You shouldn't apologise to me though as I wasn't directly involved in it, just wanted to support Dog 4 Life (yet to be proven though) but also Brad I think it was who you were throwing that shit at.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, he’s confirmed today he’s applying for an NRL agents licence - ‘in the interests of the players and the future of the game’...
Isn’t Phill such a swell guy doing things in the best interest of players & the game in general
Nothing to do with lining his pockets lol
Why can’t he just retire gracefully and take up lawn bowls like everybody else.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agents in world sport are killing it. Hard to know how to stop it though? Would love to know the answers because they're absolutely destroying league and it'll only get worse.
Agree agree all they care about is there 10% the games a business bullshit many great players only had mangers to help negotiate deals for them and a point of contact for outside party’s but now there are the puppeteer and the players the puppet

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Word to the wise. There's no 'terrible affliction' ... from my side at least. It's how they were born and it's a part of them, so it's not something one would change even though some days are hard. The reality, and again I only speak for myself, is that people aren't looking for pity, people feeling sorry for them as they have this apparent 'terrible affliction' but acceptance for who they are. Different. But we're all different so there shouldn't be a difference between human beings.

You shouldn't apologise to me though as I wasn't directly involved in it, just wanted to support Dog 4 Life (yet to be proven though) but also Brad I think it was who you were throwing that shit at.
Fair dinkum mate, you cant even acknowledge that I swiftly put my hand up and took responsibility for a poor choice of words can you? Most people these days would not even take responsibility or acknowledge they stuffed up even though they know what they said was offensive, most would probably give you a gob full of “gutter abuse” and “shit” in reply for you pulling them up on it! At least give me some credit for being a man and taking responsibility for something I said and rectifying it quickly, humbly, and respectfully.
Can you claim that you have treated every person during your life as equal human beings? I think not mate, so get off your pedestal and stop being so self righteous and show a bit of forgiveness yeah? At least Dog4life77 was man enough to accept with respect that I made a mistake and showed remorse for it and he chose to forgive and move on without a fuss or any drawn out virtue signalling and dribble!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree agree all they care about is there 10% the games a business bullshit many great players only had mangers to help negotiate deals for them and a point of contact for outside party’s but now there are the puppeteer and the players the puppet
Agents are destroying this game. Maybe having Gould in the mix might change things actually. Hate the guy, but something needs to give as it's only getting worse.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agents are destroying this game. Maybe having Gould in the mix might change things actually. Hate the guy, but something needs to give as it's only getting worse.
I tend to agree. Gus is very opinionated and for many years I didn’t agree with much he said. Maybe i’m mellowing or something but I find I’m opposing much of what he says less. Obviously he’ll be in the agent game to make a buck but I hope he’s in it for the right reasons too. Lots of people say our club should get cozy with player agents but I don’t agree. Keep it cordial and professional, sure, but you give many of those blokes an inch and they take a mile. The clubs collectively need to have more power in these negotiations, not the other way around.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I tend to agree. Gus is very opinionated and for many years I didn’t agree with much he said. Maybe i’m mellowing or something but I find I’m opposing much of what he says less. Obviously he’ll be in the agent game to make a buck but I hope he’s in it for the right reasons too. Lots of people say our club should get cozy with player agents but I don’t agree. Keep it cordial and professional, sure, but you give many of those blokes an inch and they take a mile. The clubs collectively need to have more power in these negotiations, not the other way around.
Clearly he'll make a buck, but one has to expect that. Doesn't bother me tbh.

I guess my hatred of him maybe blinded my early opinion but something has to be done about agent. Our club especially has been fucked over by them. Just look at the SBW case for starters. COmpletely agree with what you're saying and maybe having Gould as an agent it'll start the process, but the changes need to occur from the clubs also.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Clearly he'll make a buck, but one has to expect that. Doesn't bother me tbh.

I guess my hatred of him maybe blinded my early opinion but something has to be done about agent. Our club especially has been fucked over by them. Just look at the SBW case for starters. COmpletely agree with what you're saying and maybe having Gould as an agent it'll start the process, but the changes need to occur from the clubs also.
Gus has the relationships and influence at NRL HQ as well so that may be a good thing. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Yes, Khoder Nasser/$BW was one example and more recently the Mitchell circus tells us it needs a shake-up.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus has the relationships and influence at NRL HQ as well so that may be a good thing. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Yes, Khoder Nasser/$BW was one example and more recently the Mitchell circus tells us it needs a shake-up.
Every year there are more and more cases of players breaking contracts that they had only previously signed. Always talking about family family family. Again, happened to us plenty of times!

Having spent the last 10+ years seeing the exact same of crap happen in the EPL it scares me that the NRL is well on its way to being run by managers. Hopefully they take a stance sooner rather than later as it's really not right the power they weild in today's game. They're there to represent their client, not force them this way or that collecting massive % and backhanders from clubs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of agents did I read somewhere that Phil Gould has applied for an NRL agents licence? There's a huge steaming pile of trouble just waiting to explode.

Go Dogs
I actually think hed make a good fist of it... and he's always said promising things about our club over the years, so who knows maybe he could end up pushing so good players our way. All hypothetical of course