Cricket The Cricket 2019/20 Thread

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair choke from the Heat tonight. Bad even by their standards. Couldn’t believe what I was watching
Hope these are cliches and U weren’t watching the Big Bash tonight instead of the deciding ODI against India. Especially having the devils number in your name.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably short of 300 but might be enough if we bowl well and take our chances and field well.

You never know cricket is a funny game.

If anybody’s reading your challenge is to come up with more cricket cliches?
No one, o.k. I'll play by myself (not for the first time).

Just aim for the top of off.

Good line and length.

Straight down his throat.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazing win by thunder massive over achievers probably the worst team on paper

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the bushfire game brian lara fmd still a gun

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching the bushfire game brian lara fmd still a gun
Just wish it was a 20/20 rather than a 10/10 game.

10 overs an innings isn’t enough if you’re gonna have a couple of women in the middle order chewing up precious deliveries.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The summer has felt empty without international cricket at home (well, since early january).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, this just happened in a schoolboy game in India.
EQRLJk1WAAExpAh.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And here is an article on it.

I was warmed to hear he is the son of a rickshaw driver. I would imagine it would be very difficult for a working class kid in India (forget about the slumkids) ever getting a look in - they would need to be scoring triple centuries regularly at school level to get noticed. But imagine what will happen when kids from those backgrounds start getting better opportunities - India will be fucking unstoppable.

Cricket: Mumbai schoolboy Pranav Dhanawade scores world record 1,000 runs
Posted 5 JanJanuary 2016, updated 6 JanJanuary 2016
A Mumbai schoolboy has made history by becoming the first batsman in any class of cricket to score 1,000 runs in a single innings.

Fifteen-year-old Pranav Dhanawade smashed his way to 1,009 not out off 323 balls as he obliterated a 117-year-old record for the highest number of runs scored in one innings.

Dhanawade, the son of an auto-rickshaw driver, soared past Arthur Collins' previous record total of 628 in England in 1899 during an inter-school tournament in the western Indian city.

Sachin Tendulkar

✔@sachin_rt

https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/684301258577022976

Congrats #PranavDhanawade on being the first ever to score 1000 runs in an innings. Well done and work hard. You need to scale new peaks!

7:11 PM - Jan 5, 2016
Twitter Ads info and privacy

6,867 people are talking about this

"Congrats #PranavDhanawade on being the first ever to score 1,000 runs in an innings. Well done and work hard. You need to scale new peaks!" Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar posted on Twitter.

Dhanawade's epic knock included 129 fours and 59 sixes and came at a phenomenal strike rate of 312.38.

It ended when his KC Gandhi High School team declared on 1,465 at the ground in Thane, northern Mumbai.

Their opponents, Arya Gurukul, had been bowled out earlier for just 31, according to the Press Trust of India.

Dhanawade's innings occurred during the Bhandari Cup school tournament, which is officially recognised by the Mumbai Cricket Association.

The teenager, who also plays wicket-keeper, surpassed Collins' score on Monday, finishing the day on 652, before crossing the 1,000 mark after lunch on Tuesday.

ANI

✔@ANI

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/684264755926708224

Maharashtra Govt to bear coaching and education expenses of Mumbai U-16 cricketer Pranav Dhanawade(who made 652 off 199 balls yesterday)

4:46 PM - Jan 5, 2016
Twitter Ads info and privacy

64 people are talking about this

"I have always been a big-hitter. When I started I never thought about breaking the record," Dhanawade told the Hindustan Times after his opening-day knock.

"The focus was never that. I just played my natural game, which is to attack from the word go.

"After reaching 300, my coach Harish Sharma told me to play on. I did not know of the world record, but we had the Indian record in mind," he added, referring to the previous highest national total of 546.

Ayaz Memon, a leading Indian cricket expert, said it would be a phenomenal feat for any cricketer to score four digits at any level of the game.

"It's just incredible. Scoring 1,000 runs in less than two days at this speed is a great achievement," Mr Memon said.

But translating this accomplishment from club to international level will be a big challenge for the teenager, he said.

Collins, who himself was born in India, was aged just 13 when he entered the record books for his score at Clifton College in Bristol, where a plaque honours his exploits.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck would they not declare at 500-600
Really, just a piss take, sounds like this comp needs to take. Ensures to level it up
If one player can score 1000, what sort of Mickey Mouse competition are the competing in?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact they got bowled out for 50 and 30 is a bit of an indicator about the quality of opposition.

Still, 1000 runs is 1000 runs. That’s a lot of fucking runs in a single dig!! Good on him.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why the fuck would they not declare at 500-600
Really, just a piss take, sounds like this comp needs to take. Ensures to level it up
If one player can score 1000, what sort of Mickey Mouse competition are the competing in?
A high school one.

Even if the bowlers were rubbish (which i'm sure they were), for a teenager to keep his concentration up for that long is quite impressive.

And why declare? Cricket, in additional to being a team sport, is one where we celebrate individual achievement and stats. Team seem to declare too bloody early these days.

I remember Brian Lara scoring 400 against England, but have to google who ended up winning (it was a drawn for the record).

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A high school one.

Even if the bowlers were rubbish (which i'm sure they were), for a teenager to keep his concentration up for that long is quite impressive.

And why declare? Cricket, in additional to being a team sport, is one where we celebrate individual achievement and stats. Team seem to declare too bloody early these days.

I remember Brian Lara scoring 400 against England, but have to google who ended up winning (it was a drawn for the record).
Teams declare to early ? They were bowled out for 31 lolololol
It was a just a joke and a embarrassment to the sport

Bowling a team out for 31 then batting to 1000+ is a disgrace

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Teams declare to early ? They were bowled out for 31 lolololol
It was a just a joke and a embarrassment to the sport

Bowling a team out for 31 then batting to 1000+ is a disgrace
and if they had declared early we would never have seen someone score a thousand runs. Sometimes individual achievement is worth watching.

I'd imagine in India this kid has now been noticed, where otherwise he would never be. In a country with a billion plus people, and being from a working class background, you'd need yo be scoring double centuries week in week out for anyone to to take notice, that is, by a good cricketing club or school (even if the opposition is rubbish).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A slow work afternoon has me watching Thailand trying to pull off the biggest upset in sporting history against England in the Womens T20. They are hanging in there, but i'd imagine the collapse won't be far away. Still a great effort for them to be there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And speaking of the women's T20, I can't believe people actually think its fine to Mankad someone without warning. Just because you're playing mickey mouse cricket, doesn't mean the sportsmanship that has existed for so long just gets chucked out the window.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Aussies, enjoy watching the Aussie women play cricket, good skills, come a long way.