Official Bulldogs squad ready to unleash in Perth at NRL Nines

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That young BBO fella sounds pretty mature for his age. Sounds a bit like Thurston too.
For someone who hasn’t watched him is he the goods?
Him and wakeham as future halves partners. A couple of years ago there was another young half we had that had massive raps on him then he fell off the face of the earth. Cant remember his name but

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That young BBO fella sounds pretty mature for his age. Sounds a bit like Thurston too.
Him and wakeham as future halves partners. A couple of years ago there was another young half we had that had massive raps on him then he fell off the face of the earth. Cant remember his name but
BBO only came over from Parra this year so I’m not sure too many know what he’s like. Hopefully we get a good look this weekend.

I think you’re thinking of Will Kerr he had massive wraps but through the towel in on his career to travel.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
H
BBO only came over from Parra this year so I’m not sure too many know what he’s like. Hopefully we get a good look this weekend.

I think you’re thinking of Will Kerr he had massive wraps but through the towel in on his career to travel.
Hopefully BBO has a big weekend.

Thats him Will Kerr. Was wondering where he went. Cant blame a young dude wanting to travel but from all reports if he kept going he would be earning good money here

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
H

Thats him Will Kerr. Was wondering where he went. Cant blame a young dude wanting to travel but from all reports if he kept going he would be earning good money here
It would be awesome if we had a unknown player like BBO jump of the ground and kill it. We haven’t had it happen in years.

Kerr is back playing for Camden now maybe his heart wasn’t in it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold on... just realised we don't play the Dragons in the pool stages? How the hell do they determine who finishes top of the group if you don't play everyone? That's just stupid!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if Holland jumps into hooker during 9s

Only two games so I guess some won’t even get a run

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hold on... just realised we don't play the Dragons in the pool stages? How the hell do they determine who finishes top of the group if you don't play everyone? That's just stupid!
The results of your two games then for and against. It’s even more of a Mickey Mouse comp then it previously was.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont mind the squad mobile and a bit of speed

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be awesome if we had a unknown player like BBO jump of the ground and kill it. We haven’t had it happen in years.

Kerr is back playing for Camden now maybe his heart wasn’t in it.
I also think along the same lines of having a junior go through our system then going on to become a real champion.
Then staying on for years on end.
It could end up happening with our clubs new approach to junior development
We seem to have a few in the wings at the moment
Let’s hope.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The results of your two games then for and against. It’s even more of a Mickey Mouse comp then it previously was.
Just another money grab by the NRL. It's a farce just like the All Stars game. Just go back to trial games as the competition is more important then some novelty games.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be nice just to watch some footy again.. that's good enough for me..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope the new hooker stands up, why would you leave a player out in case he gets injured?
If he is made of plastic he will break in NRL anyway.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the new hooker stands up, why would you leave a player out in case he gets injured?
If he is made of plastic he will break in NRL anyway.
Jmk in doubt for round 1 that would only leave us with 1 out and out hooker in the whole squad not worth risking him with injuries in a tournament that don't mean a hell of alot

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmm almost rather have Holland or cogger at hooker than marscke from the few games I saw of his last year.

Obviously when fit, jmk is my first choice but where's kotoa? Didn't we buy him as a depth hooker?
If it's just him left due to depth issues I don't blame the club for wrapping him in cotton wool by excluding him from a nothing tournament.

Perhaps saving him for the trials not to risk injury in the 9’s when we don’t have a lot of depth there right now?
Absolutely the right call in my opinion. I don't want to be without a single recognized hooker come round one and this is just avoiding murphies law in my opinion.

BBO looks to have some pace and footwork which gets fapped over these days. Not sure about the rest of his game. I've only seen highlights footage, so it's hard to tell. I think he's a few years away from debuting anyway. Will Kerr played some stints in a lower grade team in England and I hadn't heard much about him after that.

I never actually saw Kerr play, but from all reports he was pretty small and potentially this put a limit on how far he was going to go with his career. I have a cousin that was rated as the next big thing for Wests at hooker until it became clear that he wasn't going to get large enough to really hold his own in the NRL with the fact that even the little guys in the NRL are generally large units compared to most people. It's one of the downsides to the way the game has progressed over the years. You lose out on some very talented players because they're just a bit too small to face the behemoths that fill most rosters.

H

He was still playing in the lower grades in England. I read an article that mentioned him. I guess if he had the ability to progress he would have found his way into a Super League team while there. But for whatever reason he didn't really progress. Maybe he just hit his peak in the lower grades and others surpassed him. I know that quite a few people said he wasn't going to be big enough to make it into the NRL. But thats football these days. The 10 metre rule and unlimited interchange has meant that in so many cases, all the talent in the world doesn't go far if you are the size of a pimple compared to the guys who progress.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's just him left due to depth issues I don't blame the club for wrapping him in cotton wool by excluding him from a nothing tournament.

Absolutely the right call in my opinion. I don't want to be without a single recognized hooker come round one and this is just avoiding murphies law in my opinion.

BBO looks to have some pace and footwork which gets fapped over these days. Not sure about the rest of his game. I've only seen highlights footage, so it's hard to tell. I think he's a few years away from debuting anyway. Will Kerr played some stints in a lower grade team in England and I hadn't heard much about him after that.

I never actually saw Kerr play, but from all reports he was pretty small and potentially this put a limit on how far he was going to go with his career. I have a cousin that was rated as the next big thing for Wests at hooker until it became clear that he wasn't going to get large enough to really hold his own in the NRL with the fact that even the little guys in the NRL are generally large units compared to most people. It's one of the downsides to the way the game has progressed over the years. You lose out on some very talented players because they're just a bit too small to face the behemoths that fill most rosters.

He was still playing in the lower grades in England. I read an article that mentioned him. I guess if he had the ability to progress he would have found his way into a Super League team while there. But for whatever reason he didn't really progress. Maybe he just hit his peak in the lower grades and others surpassed him. I know that quite a few people said he wasn't going to be big enough to make it into the NRL. But thats football these days. The 10 metre rule and unlimited interchange has meant that in so many cases, all the talent in the world doesn't go far if you are the size of a pimple compared to the guys who progress.
I seen will Kerr was back playing for his local side back in aus last year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seen will Kerr was back playing for his local side back in aus last year
I haven't followed him beyond being curious after he disappeared when he was talked up on here. Spoonman mentioned above that he was playing for Camden too. If he's anything like my cousin he might enjoy being a big fish in a small pond talent wise. I guess it's just unfortunate that players that have promise don't always progress. In some ways it makes you wonder how so many players these days that do make it into the NRL can throw it all away with stupid behavior.